Mids Meet Sat/Sun 6th/7th August ideas please !!!

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
hi everyone as one of your new midlands reps i`d like to get the meets started as soon as possible i`m off the weekend 6th/7th august so it would be good for me if we could do the first one of hopefully many then

this is just a quick thread to see who`s up for it and what they`d like to do

i`ll leave it a few days to see what ideas people come up with an then see what i can get arranged if there`s enough intrest :)

lets show the others how it`s done !!!

I'd be up for this as well, depending on what sort of distance it is from me, since I might not be able to make it to the Brighton meet :down:.

Maybe Peterborough, or Cambridgeshire sort or area?

I'm interested, and should be a definate yes if it's slightly more north, Nottingham/Sheffield.
I know it's not the right week but 31st July is Modified Live at Cadwell Park, link. Thought I'd mention it, could be an option? Haven't heard of much happening that weekend car-related, there's a classic car and formula ford event at Mallory Park though.

I'm interested, and should be a definate yes if it's slightly more north, Nottingham/Sheffield.
I know it's not the right week but 31st July is Modified Live at Cadwell Park, link. Thought I'd mention it, could be an option? Haven't heard of much happening that weekend car-related, there's a classic car and formula ford event at Mallory Park though.

thanks for pointing that out i`d be more than happy to go however i think it`s a bit short notice to arrange a club stand etc
maybe if there`s another one later in the year with more time to arrange it

Just a quick comment to those who would like a meet in a particular place if you could reccomend some places around there with something to do etc it would be greatly appreciated as it will save a lot of bother when it comes to arranging this meet and future meets if we have a list of what`s about in the midlands area

if i say for this first meet to arrange it for sat 6th august to bring karlj available for it who else would be available if we manage a suitable location out of intrest

Me, as long as I can get the finances for it (Y). I think Sheffield or anywhere slightly south sounds good, that sort of area

what sort of places would be suitable karl an i will try an look after everyone when arranging the meets

Stoke on Trent is the furthest north i can travel northampton/ Milton Keynes is the furthest east, they're all around 2.5hrs away from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't recommend my hometown for somewhere to meet, it's full of pikeys and chavs, and is just not that good. Not many good places to meet there that aren't patrolled by the local plod every 5 minutes, handing out tickets to groups of 2 or more cars :glare:. I think somewhere in between is a good idea. Maybe Peterborough or Cambridge?

i`ve just been looking on google an that seems pretty central for everyone an as a plus it`s only bout 20 mins for me so i`ll give it across the weekend see how much more intrest we can get but for you guys to start thinking about what would you like to do on this first meet i know there`s bowling at tamworth there`s of course the snowdome and there`s the karting track that frank works at just outside tamworth that we had a pretty sucessful meet at a couple of years ago

for now tho it`s time for sleep work at 9 ftl :(

Tamworth it is then (Y). Maybe ask them at the track if I can take my car on? :laugh: It handles like a go kart anyway :grinning:

i`m hoping this one will get a good turnout as for taking a car on the track i have no idea wether that will be allowed or a good idea to ask about it i`ll fire off a pm to frank in a min asking if he can check wether that date will be suitable at the track

pete

I'm off that week to have the turbo fitted and mapped. Could take a drive out (3hr drive/164miles) but i dont want anything to happen on the way there (or back) as i wont be that used to it

hooded it would be great if you could make it but i understand that you might not want to risk the damage to your car by doing such a long journey when it`s just been fitted hopefully i should have my new intake system on by then so will be taking it steady for a while myself

i have sent frank a message today to check that it will be ok to go on the 6th once i`ve heard back from him i will get a proper thread up an start a list of who`s coming etc

thanks pete

I've spoke to frank earlier and saturdays are basically no go at the moment due to corprate events at the track he says he can prob get us in for a slot on the sunday or i think there is an indoor track that i could try for the saturday at what are peoples opinions ? or we could go for something diffrent and go karting when it's a bit less busy

Indoor track maybe? I can't ice skate, I'm like Bambi on ice. Every single body part tries to go in as many 20 different directions at once :laugh:

I can do Sunday but I'd have to leave at a sensible time cause of work.... So if Frank can get us a late morning/ early afternoon slot thats good for me

I just thought, I can only do Sundays, I'll be working Saturdays with my new job (I have to leave it a month before I can request to have weekends off - damn probationary period :glare:)

ok then karl what time would be best for you and i`ll send frank another message across see if i can get something booked in then we just need some more members to come :)

Yeah franks said the sunday will be fine he's not sure how many people would be interested due to the other meets being arranged in august i'll get a proper thread up in a min an we can see what the intrest is midweek :)

Back