Middle Exhaust Silencer

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yo peeps

My K10's decided to blow the other silencer on my exhaust and i was wondering how much roughly this should cost to replace. Also, is it just the silencer that can be changed or is this part of the pipe that runs directly up to the manifold? I tried looking but there was another filter type thing sitting on the exhaust which i wasnt sure what it was.

I only had my rear one changed a few months back as that blew! I think the standard one is just too restrictive.

Shes definitly sounding louder, turning heads and to be honest, it feels a bit nippier however i really think i should get it sorted before it splits in half.

I paid 40 quid fitted a while back on one of my old k10's for a front section, i.e manifold to centre, iirc the middle silencer was in this section and was included

you can get the entire system for less than £90 if you shop about mate its stupidly cheap but like i said last night get a custom one!

Right shes back from being fixed and blimey it was getting unbearable

The guy's done a krazy k10 bodge and cut out the flexi pipe (which had split in half) and put a piece of pipe in its place and held it on with sealant & brackets lol. Also the rear engine mount is useless and needs replacing.

Although i felt it was increasing the performance, after driving it today it certainly wasnt!

I took a few pictures which i'l stick up later!

Car at the garage:
17.DSC00445.JPG

Flexi pipe snapped in two!
19.DSC00447.JPG

The replacement bodge. A bit of cut pipe held on with brackets & some exhaust sealant!
5.DSC00446.JPG

not surprising if your engine mount is totally ruined. First things to break is usually the exhaust!

Back