• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

microkurt's micra

microkurt

Ex. Club Member
i beleive it was owned by someone from here previously as it had the url on it but i removed them as im going for the clean look, not much i wanna do but heres a list of planned mods :

full NEW janspeed exhaust system cause current one has snapped in 2 places due to corrosion
either oem rear lights or smoke the current ones and stick on a red reflector
full whiteline suspension setup (currently on koni springs and has a whiteline bar on the rear but not the arb)
respray the full dash and door cards gloss black and maybe some gauges in a fibreglass pod
some reclining bucket seats or oem suzuki baleno seats with some 4 point harness's
maybe a rollcage
vauxhall astra front lip

any way heres how i bought it after sticker removal :

DSC01032.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

and after just over a week ive repainted the wheels

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
whos car was it? liking the wheels, i brought loads of paint last year ready to paint mine black with a red lip. never got around to doing it and used the paint on random crap lol.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Its like a big eraser that attaches to a drill to take of the bump strip gunk that is there.

I believe this was scottish-sr old car?

would explain the number plates.

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
looking good kurt give me a holla if you need a hand with out and it will be a pan hard rod that you have on the back mate thats my next thing i need as well as my 50 mm lowering springs

OP
OP
M

microkurt

Ex. Club Member
well ive had a bit of un-modification going on and is really bugging me now

guess whats missing :

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

and here it is :

DSC01067.jpg

this is a result of janspeed mild steel exhausts. load of rubbish when it comes to life of it

i now have the flange snapped of the cat still attached to the centre section on the back seat... clear to say i need a new exhaust and sharpish !

OP
OP
M

microkurt

Ex. Club Member
sounds like a dragster or summit now with it not having a centre section too... and im sure its spitting cause its has some rather loud pops

OP
OP
M

microkurt

Ex. Club Member
well i put some red reflectors to try and legalise the rear lights abit plus this is how low it should be. well tyre to arch gap. also fixed the dodgey headlight and took the oppotunity to blacken my headlights too and got a new steering wheel and oem exhaust but still got my janspeed manifold on blowing from 2 branches

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

and is it just me or does the bonnet not line up ?
DSC01080.jpg

and a pile of rubbish !
DSC01083.jpg

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Damn! I didn't know they ripped apart like that!

I reakon you should spray the bonnet catch (behind the grille) black and get some black mesh for it aswell :D

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
lol you not seen them in micras at the scrapyard? theres one in my scrapyard and all the steering wheel is bent and borkeen in half :O looks like someone has broken ribs :S

nah i've noticed that they've gone off before but never noticed how ####ed it made them!

OP
OP
M

microkurt

Ex. Club Member
well it just splits in the middle and the bent-ness of mine is of removing it to fit the new one. as for the mesh.. ive got some there just needs painted and its ready to go on.

good idea with painting the catch black cause it does look rather ugly. i was tempted to get a origonal grill from the scrappy and maybe get a origonal tailgate too