• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

micRAT

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
ok so i know there are many a folk out there who hate ratted cars, and many who were realy not impressed with the pics of my micra after we painted it with dulux but i bin doing a fair bit of work on her so though would post up a little timeline of things and show you how she sits now.........

so january myself and 3 mates bought her from ollyc98......
26012009254.jpg

got stripped out.....
26012009255.jpg

26012009257.jpg

then a new lick of paint ......
17022009305.jpg

cleaned up abit and messed about with the boot....
30032009369.jpg

30032009367.jpg

then i began on the ratting.....
24042009450.jpg

24042009454.jpg

26042009463.jpg

got a new stereo and new suspension
12052009487.jpg

18052009496.jpg

a trip to wales and a boozy weekend.......
n655393697_2637645_580262.jpg

18052009493.jpg

18052009491.jpg

then for a roller job.........
22052009499.jpg

22052009498.jpg

then new super s kit and some optional extras from a '68 pontiac this is how she looks today.....
18062009512.jpg

18062009510.jpg

18062009508.jpg

18062009507.jpg

18062009506.jpg

well there you go, what you think?....... love it, hate it, somewhere inbetween.... i dont mind realy, all criticisms welcome, ive even had someone throw a bottle at it he was so offended.lol

haha, me and NeX loved it when you met up with us. It does look mad. Personally I wouldn't do a rat car, but fair play to you!!

thanks for the comments guys,
yeh i do need some wider wheels but funds are only stretching to pontiac hubcaps at the minute.
rat cars realy are fun, im not too sure where mine sits now though as its ratty but also quite fancier looking with its new kit.......the kit alone cost nearly double the car. the suspension was double that again.lol
need to do something with that front grille though........any ideas/suggestions?

Lol that's great, considering what the car cost you could only have ratted it as anything else would've been a waste of money.

You've inspired me to rat my motorbike lol

Appreciate the work gone in to it but not into that at all.

Cops gave you much hassle? lol

well thats just it with rats, they do take a lot more work than people think and are not to everyones taste but yeah you got the right attitude towards it, im glad you said that actualy because there is alot of negativity towards the rat scene. there is a huge thread on club polo debating one rat forum and there are many people on their who are very quick to insult it all.

and on the police note i do get alot of looks from them, been pulled once so far as the car was registered as blue and to an address is scotland, yet i was driving it through london and was black, the dvla just hadnt processed the logbook yet, he did give it a once over with a fine toothed comb but only suggested that i dont leave a jerry can under my passenger seat as its a fire hazzard.lol

everything i done i made sure was fully legal first and the car did pass its MOT less than a month ago so it runs sweet as.

olly im glad to be some sort of inspiration :laugh:

The rat look works on the k10 good job, in the end lol needs to mature like cheese :) and you could always laquer the bonnet. (Y)

well thats just it with rats, they do take a lot more work than people think and are not to everyones taste but yeah you got the right attitude towards it, im glad you said that actualy because there is alot of negativity towards the rat scene. there is a huge thread on club polo debating one rat forum and there are many people on their who are very quick to insult it all.

and on the police note i do get alot of looks from them, been pulled once so far as the car was registered as blue and to an address is scotland, yet i was driving it through london and was black, the dvla just hadnt processed the logbook yet, he did give it a once over with a fine toothed comb but only suggested that i dont leave a jerry can under my passenger seat as its a fire hazzard.lol

everything i done i made sure was fully legal first and the car did pass its MOT less than a month ago so it runs sweet as.

olly im glad to be some sort of inspiration :laugh:

No bother man as I said big respect to the work put in .
I'd get tore out if that if I was driving it round Dublin city

yeah i do get a fair few ummmm 'dodgy' looks and comments in round where i am in london, had things thrown at it and someone even left a not just saying "SH*T Car" lol

i liked the other day when a very sweet old lady came up to me as i parked and said "is there supposed to be a trolley on your roof?", i just said "yeah why, is it not there anymore?" then she said "well that is a good idea, its a shame i dont have a car as that would be handy for shopping" lol

very pic heacy....

ok so went out for a lil shoot today, but couldnt be bothered to wash the car so owel.........appologies for the amount of pics, got carried away.
enjoy ladels and jellyspoons..................................................

100_0345.jpg

100_0344.jpg

100_0343.jpg

100_0342.jpg

100_0341.jpg

100_0340.jpg

100_0339.jpg

100_0338.jpg

100_0337.jpg

100_0336.jpg

100_0335.jpg

100_0334.jpg

100_0333.jpg

100_0332.jpg

100_0331.jpg

100_0330.jpg

100_0329.jpg

100_0328.jpg

100_0327.jpg

ahhhh hahahahah its amazing , Yea i do actualy love rat look cars and my next will defo be a rat look mk1/2 golf or mk1/2 polo but this micra is good always wanted to know what they would look like , i would personaly just cut the springs and stick and stick a set of banded steel wheels on it, but more stickers thats what you need! loads of silly pointless stickers hehe, Theres been a fair old bit of work went into this would love to see it in person hehe, as for the front grill get an air horn kit, make it look shabby and bolt it to the inside of the grill with a bit of rusty mesh over it :p Love this getting put in my fav's!
P.s. jst a thought, pair of black tights over the rear lights and slant the number plates ;)

well with all that in mind i have a list of plans that i want to do, firstly will be getting the ARBs on and springs cut (realy not by much though as i do like the stiffness and the general handling as they are), hopefully within a month or so, something with that grille, i dont like it so im not sure yet whats to happen, liking the tights idea....was playing about with chicken wire ages ago so maybe merging the two.... =) would like to get a set of pressed plates aswel, they just look so much better than plastic ones.
the roof rack will have to go at some point though, its too noisy and ruins all sorts of aerodynamics goin along the motorway, im kepping it on for the summer for all the shows and a possible fast car shoot with another forum but then its fate will be decided. oh and saving for a holiday..... all plans on a budget then.....the ARBs are my only splashing out realy, but i do love a planted ride so hopefully with them on i can deem the suspension as a finished job.

since owning my first k10 at 15 (why not ey, still got her) i been wanting to do the ol cg13 drop, been looking into it alot over the past year so yeah with the coming years if the right things fall my way then this lil beast might finaly get some grunt aswel.lol

ohhhh and thanks for all the great comments!!!

Haha if anything its got great character.
like alot of members here im a bit sceptical about the whole "rat" look, always seen rust as a enemy :p

but i do like this :)

well im in talks with one member off retro for a set of moons and white walls....... but they are 15inch....hmmm can 15s fit on a micra, il make them!lol
may need one them pcd checkers off you mate if i do have to go scrappy hunting! =D
^^^^
do love that car!!

Lol, I think I sold Matt those moon discs, I was going to use them when I had my Merc.

15"s with white walls would look awesome. Combine that with a bonneville salt flats style make over and you are on to a totally unique car.

Late almeras might have 15" steels, 4x100 wont be a problem, VW Audi BMW etc, but finding the 59.1 centre bore might be an issue that means you have to source something from Nissan. I'm sure the guys on here will know which share the bore size.

oh did you, they in decent nick and all, easy enough to fit??
well hopefully im gonna get them, i replied to an offer so fingers crossed!!!
yeh been looking through a few places, found a few cars that had them, civics, mini (new), coraddo's.... so yeh just sourcing them now.

i just like the fact that the micra is rather mis-match..... makes it more fun and always confusses people. saw the moons and whites.....thought about it, realised it would look rather silly, realised i cant afford them..... went for them anyways.lol

Yeah they were fine, its a good couple of years ago though. I'm not really sure how to fit them, I presume drill and tap the wheel rim and use machine screws to hold them in place. The discs have three small holes 120 degrees apart on the very edge of the disc. Google it I'm sure there will be a fitting guide somewhere on the interweb.

hasnt been that much going on.

de-wired the car....was more wires than in this pic that just didnt need to be there??
16072009543.jpg

bit of checking down the side.... painted half and sanded half so will hopefully go from white to rust......
13072009538.jpg

made a new grille
26072009548.jpg

25072009547.jpg

26072009549.jpg

and then yesterday the carb decided it didnt like petrol anymore and spewed it all down my engine. was bit stuck. so went back today armed with a volvo and a tow rope...... halfway through the journey the PLASTIC towing eye on the volvo decided to attack my windscreen!!
managed to start her and drive her home though..... but discovered a leak in my exhuast mani =(

so have a semi-knackered carb in the car and a "non-working" weber sitting on my shelf....gotta try see if can get it running on that.

ive come to the point where i gotta stop spending on the money pit realy, the engine is slowly dying and now the track rod ends are making a lovely noise too...... come winter i think this will have to become more of a track toy than anything =(

but in the meentime i need some 4x100 15inch steels................. moonys + whitewalls + micra = :lol

the wiring wasnt dodgy....just alot of it, i finally got round to removing the alarm which was most of that wiring but yeah as i dont have any speakers or stereo or rear wiper or alot of random wiried in bits you had before i managed to find so many useless wires.
im sure you knew what every wire was for at the time......lol

small update......rear arb on, problem with the front.....exhuast was in the way!!! buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut then on the way home i picked up a new toy... its a k11 1.0 vibe with a 1.3 drop in it,full body kit, janspeed mani, tints, new head unit, basically had a fair bit of cash spent on, but failed MOT on steering rack and not repairable apparently...................sooooo look out for news on bits for sale as hopefully the engine n box is goin in this bad boy beast!!

small update......rear arb on, problem with the front.....exhuast was in the way!!! buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut then on the way home i picked up a new toy... its a k11 1.0 vibe with a 1.3 drop in it,full body kit, janspeed mani, tints, new head unit, basically had a fair bit of cash spent on, but failed MOT on steering rack and not repairable apparently...................sooooo look out for news on bits for sale as hopefully the engine n box is goin in this bad boy beast!!

Front Arb is hitting the exhaust? Is it fitted upside down?lol(Y) My exhaust is 2.25" and has no clearance issues? HMMM

it looks like the pipe has been changed at some point and sits lower than it should, was bit gutted i couldnt get it on, the rear makes the front just seem so sloppy now.lol but i picked up that other micra and wil b another name on the list of attemtd cg13 drops. But ye it should go on then as its the same as the k11 one anyways,and hopefuly use the wishbones aswel then. But dnt wory mate i wil get it on!

yeah man worked very well, thanks again. the car did decide to adjust the timing itself once i had got to wales tho, that makes a very interesting drive.

but yeh not sure with that exhuast, well the new engine will be running a janspeed mani and hopefully be farting from the side so wont be an issue..........yet.

ooooh quick pic of the k11 i picked up, showing its good side (the other is damaged) after i had my little slave/sisters (delete as appropiate) hose it down abit.

now just for future reffrence all cosmetics and most other bits (minus engine, box, loom and whatever else i steal for the conversion) will be up for grabs when i get back to uni and have the space to break it. got a fair bit of dosh spent on it, full bodykit, smoothed boot with spoiler, tints all round, huge exhuast and ss piping, front strut brace, 17s, buckets........list goes on.

12082009576.jpg

Back