Started first time as expected...

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2529.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2529.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 599

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
We've not had any yet but had a blizzard at work today in Manchester :).

3 points and a £60 fine apparently :eek: dunno if its just rumours though

Here in Slovenia we also get a fine :) Don't know how much exactly but before driving you have to clear all the snow from the car. The roof, reg. number and windows. I usually clean it off, but once i didn't and had to brake and
all the snow on the roof dropped on the front windshield and i panicked hehe :laugh:

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Snow in Shropshire/Mid Wales for a good few days now. Spent all day on a tin roof in Herefordshire yesterday, all good fun but bloody cold! :p

5223409390_8d570cae60.jpg

5225488047_dd9f58ebbb.jpg

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
I've been off all week now cause of the snow :grinning: its great :grinning: despite the fact i got an exam on monday fwn

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
What you doing down my neck of the woods!? haha

Just fitted a solar system in Knighton. Unfortunately our van couldnt make it up this 1 mile hill to the customers farm. Had to get a tow up with a neighbours tracor. Darn snow :doh:

5226093564_0f08463b15.jpg

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Just fitted a solar system in Knighton. Unfortunately our van couldnt make it up this 1 mile hill to the customers farm. Had to get a tow up with a neighbours tracor. Darn snow :doh:

thats only about 20/25 mins from mine. The snows been quite bad up and around them country roads though hasnt it?

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
heavy Snow later on, and through the night according to the BBC .:wasntme: lets hope they don't get it wrong again!

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
thats only about 20/25 mins from mine. The snows been quite bad up and around them country roads though hasnt it?

ah, so your about an hour and a half from my home then. Its not great especially the routes the sat nav took us, to be fair the council seems to be keeping up with the gritting though.(Y)

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
ah, so your about an hour and a half from my home then. Its not great especially the routes the sat nav took us, to be fair the council seems to be keeping up with the gritting though.(Y)

well it only takes me between half hour n 45 mins to get to shrewsbury so maybe less! haha

the council aint doing a bad job of the gritting fair play, i think its cause of last times antics. Im worried about january/feb time when it will most likely snow again and they have no grit as theyve plastered it on now.

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
well it only takes me between half hour n 45 mins to get to shrewsbury so maybe less! haha

the council aint doing a bad job of the gritting fair play, i think its cause of last times antics. Im worried about january/feb time when it will most likely snow again and they have no grit as theyve plastered it on now.

After last year, im sure every county in the UK will be well prepared and have enough grit to lasta long time. Fife council bought a massive mountain of the stuff and have enough to last til like February. They ran out early last year :laugh:

Jctlopez

Ex. Club Member
tell me what you all think of this :)
was probably the most fun i have had in my micra. :)

Attachments

• Micra going sideways.mp4
    1 MB · Views: 307

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Got loads of snow now and looks like there is no stopping. don't expect any parcels from down here lol

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
We have had constant snow for a couple of days now. it's well over the 10" mark where it hasn't been touched! otherwise it's mayhem.
look at our garden table for an example of depth:
MicraSnow4.jpg

Micra Time:
MicraSnow3.jpg

MicraSnow6.jpg

MicraSnow5.jpg

MicraSnow2.jpg

MicraSnow.jpg

And how far from the top:
MicraSnow7.jpg

Looks like I maybe walking to work lol

We have had constant snow for a couple of days now. it's well over the 10" mark where it hasn't been touched! otherwise it's mayhem.
look at our garden table for an example of depth:
Thats why I nearly didnt make it back from Crawley to Horley at midnight. Even the A roads are untouched.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Thats why I nearly didnt make it back from Crawley to Horley at midnight. Even the A roads are untouched.

I saw you, i waved you slide slowly passed.... :glare:
still at that height you were plowing the way for motorists behind you. lol

The only one brave/stupid enough to venture out. Today is shopping day, none will be at the shops and how am I supposed to carry it back without my car.
IMAG0045.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0046.jpg
[/IMG]

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
I remember your road vaguely, how did you manage the hills?! fwn
was there anyone actually at the shops working?

Ive been using the micra (stock) in all this weather to be honest, and ive still found it drivable through the thickest snow! but im amazed at the amount of astra/vectra users that still feel the need to try keep up with ya cars!, ive a massive hill to get up and down every day and i still make it!!

Micra are very very good snow cars, the only ever problem ive had is black sludge (after a s***y goverment grit/scoop combo, they shove all that crap to one side and it pulls back on one side of the micra so you have to compensate quite heavily for it.

My drive road going up hill is well packed!!

Guy

Club Member
We've had about a quarter of an inch here in Merseyside. No snowmen here :(.

Hehe, just come back from work which is normally 15 miles, took me 2 whole dam hours because of senseless truck drivers trying to overtake each other on hills and getting stuck, yep thats a massive back log of trucks so my first route home was out of the question, the second route was around all the country side which was 'fun' until i lost the car!! but lucky i slowly landed it into some high snow with apserlutely no damage, but was definately stuck! Good times,

Picture to come hopefully :)

had about 6 inches around here and now its all freezing all the roads etc! and all my locks are already frozen with the door stuck lol

just been told by a taxi driver if you drive with snow on your roof the police will give you £60 fine and 3 point as of tommorow

just a little heads up (as if a micra owner would do anything illegal)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
just been told by a taxi driver if you drive with snow on your roof the police will give you £60 fine and 3 point as of tommorow

Yep already know that and have seen plenty of people violating it and going passed cop cars. they can't stop everyone! :laugh:

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
This lucky Micra has not had to suffer any snow apart from 10 mins of sliding around today for my pleasure..

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2552.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2552.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 410
Yeah, drivings been pretty fun of late eh... ohhh no, unnderrsteeerrr, oh well, bitta handbrake and opposite lock'al rectify that no problem.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Haha been trying it last morning with my father on passenger side "Are your crazy you little idiot!" (Y)

wow ive done that twice already i though it was just windows not cleared properly :eek:

Guy

Club Member
This is as bad as mine has gotten so far. Minus 4 yesterday morning:

IMAG0040.jpg

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member

actually its not true and stupid.

it is a law in america, but they are all dumb over there, it can even come under the littering law....

think about it logically, if they are worried that the snow will fall onto your wind screen when you brake then you are braking too hard, if the snow does fall onto your wind screen, then that is what wind screen wipers are for, if the snow falls onto the car behind then they are FAR to close for snow conditions. and what about a 15 foot articulated lorry? they have tons of snow on top of them which could fall on cars behind them, but it doesn't, and how are they supposed to clean it off anyway? basically all common sense says that having snow on your roof causes no problems at all.