• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micrafish's March Cabriolet

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
with a paper bad and motorbike engine, that would be acceptable lol

be prepaired to drive mine sometime in the future then ;) when magic takes over and i get a job and a garage and i buy that scrap one in peterlee and mod the shizney out of it :D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
*Micrafish dreams of this day* :grinning:

Bike engined Cabriolet - Now I definitely wouldn't complain either lol

NeX

Club Member
*Micrafish dreams of this day* :grinning:

Bike engined Cabriolet - Now I definitely wouldn't complain either lol

i would do it if i had a job, in fact i was very close to doing it, and if i had i would be shafted now.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Bubs with a New Forest Friend

DSCF3419.jpg

:D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

:laugh:
I imagine them when cow tipping is when they are least friendly lol! I've been chased by a bull when I was younger - so I can definitely vouch for those not being friendly either!

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

I believe it was chopped springs, NeX ;)

I've just found ConvertiBubble's home!! Somewhere around in Takamatsu!

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Yeah I know - Rubbish isn't it! I'm currently looking aroun Miharadai, which isn't far from Takamatsu, so they might do it soon?

NeX

Club Member
oh thats so awesome! i wish i had the jap details for my car, i suppose there isn't an easy way of finding out...

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

oh thats so awesome! i wish i had the jap details for my car, i suppose there isn't an easy way of finding out...

Well I've only found out as I was provided the import/export documentation in my paperwork for the car - considering the bloke is an official importer, I think he does it with most imports!
Unfortunately there isn't an easy way of finding out :(

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Started preparing the splitter today! I don't think I did too bad considering it was my first time!

Pic 1 - The Temporary sprayshop.

Pic 2 - Sanded and ready to rock

Pic 3 - In progress

Pic 4 - Hopefully fully primered? (Excuse the bad sofa... :blush:)

Next, spray time! Maybe not in the house next time, the smell made me go all headachey...

Attachments

• DSCF3580.JPG
    DSCF3580.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 318
  • DSCF3581.JPG
    DSCF3581.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 295
  • DSCF3582.JPG
    DSCF3582.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 282
  • DSCF3583.JPG
    DSCF3583.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 335

Manny

Ex. Club Member
Started preparing the splitter today! I don't think I did too bad considering it was my first time!

Pic 1 - The Temporary sprayshop.

Pic 2 - Sanded and ready to rock

Pic 3 - In progress

Pic 4 - Hopefully fully primered? (Excuse the bad sofa... :blush:)

Next, spray time! Maybe not in the house next time, the smell made me go all headachey...

splitter will look good when its on (Y) what are you using a as temporary sprayshop :suspect: not a good idea spraying in your house.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

I hope so!
Lol I'm using my kitchen, I don't really have any where else to do it. My parents offered for me to use their carport but they live over 10 miles away :(
The only other places I have left are the car park or the bike shed where we live...

Joe> Kitchen/Living room lol I got the paint, and it looks quite dark, but should hopefully look alright! Had to get it mixed up at Halfrauds though!

Manny

Ex. Club Member
the paint fumes arnt nice can do damage to lungs. bet you must have got paint everywhere not really a good idea. couldnt you do it outside.

mullet

Ex. Club Member
yasss loveing the transformers box :p also the splitter looks really nice
helfrauds aint so bad for paint if you work there :p
ive mixed up enough to colour code my bumpers grille ald loads of other things :D

NeX

Club Member
thats perfect Niki great start, that yellow primer will brighten the paint to the right colour too. you are supposed to use yellow primers with green paint so its going very well :D

seeeeeeeeee!!!! told you you could do it :D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

I never really thought of doing that! No harm in it I suppose! I will have to find one that has blanked the plate and isn't all arty though lol
Thank you! :)

Apparently it won't let me do it until I'm an autoconfirmed user? Takes four days to do it?

the paint fumes arnt nice can do damage to lungs. bet you must have got paint everywhere not really a good idea. couldnt you do it outside.

Meh - A little in moderation seemed alright! Paint got hardly anywhere, the only victim was my kitchen rug lol

yasss loveing the transformers box :p also the splitter looks really nice

lol cool ain't it? ;)
Thanks very much!

lol at that ''homemade spary booth'' i use my mums coal shed or down stairs toilet FTW...get paint everywhere :D

I don't have anywhere like that! :p So it's either the kitchen or the cold dusty bikeshed :S

thats perfect Niki great start, that yellow primer will brighten the paint to the right colour too. you are supposed to use yellow primers with green paint so its going very well :D

seeeeeeeeee!!!! told you you could do it :D

Don't I need to sandpaper off the filler though?
Thank you, I didn't do too bad, although I've realised it's a bit thin at the sides! :S

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Splitter now has it's new colour on! Didn't take too long, and it was so pretty watching the metallic bits float in and out of the sunlight as I sprayed :) However, this time, the kitchen floor once again fell victim - this time to DR5 green...

Next up, Lacquer! :D

Attachments

• SP4.JPG
    SP4.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 289
  • SP5.JPG
    SP5.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 254
  • SP2.JPG
    SP2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 278
  • SP3.JPG
    SP3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Cheers Joe! Me either, it's taken so long to do, I'll be happy when it's on there!
Hopefuly I'll be lacquering today, if it brightens up outside. I need it to be nicer so that I can sand the splitter down!

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
These things are worth taking your time over, I have rushed too many paint jobs and it just ends up being a big waste of time and money.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Well, my dad and I attempted to fit the splitter yesterday and came across the slight problem of it not fitting...
it fitted onto the bottom of the bumper fine, however, when we clicked one end of the splitter into one wheel arch, the other end of the splitter was another 25mm away from the other wheel arch, so it's too flipping small!! So much for it fitting Micras...
It was fitted on a Jap March before, why won't it fit mine? grr

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Have you tried slipping it over the bumper from the bottom up, so both sides catch at the same time.

no I haven't really mate - as soon as my dad and I saw it didn't fit we didn't really try anything else lol

screw it onto one side. then screw the other side. it might line up fine onces screwed on! ;)

Hmm mgiht not work -it really is too short, it'd snap before I got to the other side! :laugh:

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

That'll be £150 of your fine English pounds please ;) I've put all this effort into it, and I don't really want to sell it as it matches my side skirts, but I suppose if I can't sort it, it might be the only way!
I wouldn't sell it for any less than I bought it for considering all the effort I've had to put into it!

mullet

Ex. Club Member
take a photo of what it looks like
maby if you chop another splitter for the lenth it doesnt fit on and stik that in place could look crap though

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Of the splitter not meeting the other side? Can do, will need to do it tomo though!
I'm thinking about cutting it up, maybe down the middle or both ends off, but I paid so much money to just go and do that :(

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Mmm I'm thinking I might have to, unfortunately.
I will try the sliding from underneath technique, but if that doesn't work, it's chop-chop for splitter!