• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micrafish's March Cabriolet

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Yes, there is now FOUR March Cabriolet's in the club (that we know of anyway ;))
I got this little beaut Saturday 24th, with a nice spec:

Electric Hood (Heated Glass window)
Electric Windows
PAS
ABS with Vented discs
Air Conditioning
Air bags - Driver and Passenger
Fog Lights
Alloys
Tokyo Map Interior
Flid light
Reversing sensors
Original Jap headunit
Sat Nav (that only works in Tokyo, apparently...)
6 CD changer (that dislikes bumps with a passion)
JDM Option side skirts
Cupholders
Armrest with cubbyhole

An aftermarket immobiliser has also been fitted too, which has been fun trying to learn how it works!

Pictures from Advert:

ConvertiBubble2.jpg

ConvertiBubble5.jpg

Pics taken today (AFTER I had found out the window was left open by dad and rain had soaked the interior... That was my fault by the way, too...)

100_3650.jpg

ConvertiBubble is WAY more greener than she appears in these photos, almost an Emerald Green would be the best on how to describe it!

A big kudos shoved towards South West Lotus Centre in Lifton. They've been a big help, and united me with my baby :)

Update 02.10.2009
  • 35mm lowering springs\ £170.00
  • Bilstein gas struts /
  • Whiteline lower strut brace - £30.00
  • JDM March Tango Splitter - £150.00
  • JDM March Tango sideskirts
  • Clear indicator lenses - £15.00
  • Locking wheel nuts - £35.00
  • Kenwood Headunit - £nothing
  • Locking Valve caps £10.00
  • Fli uprated speakers - £25.00 (awaiting receipt)

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Get one Jim g'wannnn ;)

Squarepants, don't worry, it will be lowered soon!

Thanks for all the nice comments! :D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Thank you all for the nice comments! :D

Joe, I'm glad we finally got her dried out too!
The rear bench is still drying against the radiator though!
100_3654.jpg

100_3657.jpg

So, with NeX nearly killing us at 4.45pm Sunday evening to get to Halfrauds before it closed, I invested in a car cover which has done it's job miraculously well today and kept ConvertiBubble dry! :love:

All wrapped up against the weather:
100_3653.jpg

More updates soon, hopefully!

very nice, there may just be 3 on here soon but shhh dont tell anyone :D

Oooh I am intrigued - pray, tell? ;)

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Nice car. They do look pretty cool these cabrio's.

Don't understand why you'd want AC in a convertable, but oh well.

And I bet that seat feels like all the ones at the scrapyard. Damp, and mouldy?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i am a very safe driver :p lol

i am glad the cover is working, they are good ones for the money

we need some group pics up :D

so how are we modding it then? boot lights? boot popper? new stereo?

i hope that bench dries out, if you like we can fit it back in at the meet?

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

i am a very safe driver :p lol
i am glad the cover is working, they are good ones for the money
we need some group pics up :D
i hope that bench dries out, if you like we can fit it back in at the meet?

Mmm hmm not so sure about that! :p The cover is working fantastically though - lets hope no-one yoinks it off! Group pics at the meet fo'sho!
Bench is pretty much dry, thank god! I'm giving it a go on Saturday, but the meet may be the best place for it!

nice find micrafish, it seems as if theres some lush cars in wiltshire eh?

There is indeed! 2 Cabriolets, GX Super S, Super S and gorgeous LX - guess who half of them belong too ;)

And to keep on topic; What's the plan's for this beast then?

Well, I plan to lower it about 35mm; then get either a new CD changer or mount the CD changer where it doesn't skip over every bump; maybe a boot popper; and a Whiteline kit eventually I imagine! Not too sure about a new headunit at the moment, the one it has is fine for the moment, if it weren't for the CD changer!!

Locking wheel nuts and MSC Stickers to be fitted Saturday or Sunday along with the rear bench:
100_3658.jpg

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Good plan niki, we could have picked them up at halfords and fitted them sunday if we had though about it :doh: lol

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
same lockers as mine..only problem is the key fits other peoples mcgard locking nuts lol!

annd you've just reminded me to get some msc stickers :) lol

i want all the extras that the march cab gets :(

Antony

Ex. Club Member
same lockers as mine..only problem is the key fits other peoples mcgard locking nuts lol!

annd you've just reminded me to get some msc stickers :) lol

i want all the extras that the march cab gets :(

all mcguard locking nuts are unique, they have a 27 digit security code on the back of the box that you need to keep as if you lose the key you cannot get a spare unless you have the code. no other mcguard key will fit your nuts. if you have found 2 sets the same then you should contact mcguard and tell them as this is against the principal of a locking wheel nut. kinda like making all yale locks the same..

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Well the MSC sticker didn't work - it refused to stick onto the windscreen :down: I will have to get some more that actually stick lol

Joe, yeah we're daft aren't we?! So preoccupied with the cover we forgot about the locking wheel nuts! :laugh:
Let's hope these locking wheel nuts are alright - after all, HellFrauds have just conned me out of £35 for them!

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Grrr - if the computer would work for a second then I could update this thread!! grr

Right, a little update today.
Got the rear bench refitted which wasn't too bad a job.
100_3662.jpg

Tried to mess around with the CD changer to stop it skipping everytime I go over bumps, but alas, to no avail :down: I think I need to move it elsewhere and just dispose of the GPS me thinks!
Is it too difficult to maybe tack it onto the back seats?

100_3663.jpg

NeX

Club Member
well done for getting that bench in, thats really good going. and the CD changer is no problem we will get that shifted, unless you want to fit the stereo from my car? keeping it stock cabriolet, but having a decent CD player lol.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Well if you could bring the headunit to the meet tomorrow, I can see what I think? The CD changer is decent (JDM baby ;)) but the placement isn't - it being bolted onto the carpet really doesn't work!

But thank you! :D

NeX

Club Member
Well if you could bring the headunit to the meet tomorrow, I can see what I think? The CD changer is decent (JDM baby ;)) but the placement isn't - it being bolted onto the carpet really doesn't work!

But thank you! :D

its at work, we may have to pop over to my work and pick some stuff up if we plan to do that, or we can just do it on the way back

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

D'oh, we didn't get to do anything of what we planned - fit the locking wheel nuts, or look at the stereo :down:

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
D'oh, we didn't get to do anything of what we planned - fit the locking wheel nuts, or look at the stereo :down:

Duuhh :p That was silly of you to forget :p
The locking wheel nuts are not difficult to fit, the only tool you need is in the boot anyway (Y)

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Cheeky! :p
Well the locking wheel nuts would be easy, if it weren't for the centre caps that are nigh-on impossible to take off!

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Well, at least it makes it even more difficult to nick them! Just remember to keep the bit of paper inside the box with the unique code on to get a replica key if you ever need one.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
On the CD changer have you tried rotating it 90 degrees at a time? Sometimes that can make a difference. Or you could try and mount it under the front passenger seat.

Also Nice looking Cabriolet you have there.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Well, at least it makes it even more difficult to nick them! Just remember to keep the bit of paper inside the box with the unique code on to get a replica key if you ever need one.

Very true!! Although, I think I would like the locking wheel nuts on there if only for piece of mind! And don't worry, I will - I'm not you! :p

On the CD changer have you tried rotating it 90 degrees at a time? Sometimes that can make a difference. Or you could try and mount it under the front passenger seat.

Also Nice looking Cabriolet you have there.

Thanks! :D

Hmmm CD changer under the passenger seat isn't a bad idea, I never really thought of that. I would need a custom holder though - the one in the boot only does the GPS on bottom and CD Changer on top.
I just want it sorted now though -it began jumping again last night!

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Very true!! Although, I think I would like the locking wheel nuts on there if only for piece of mind! And don't worry, I will - I'm not you! :p

Shurrup! The ones i had were cheap ebay ones so no chance of getting a new key! Anyway they came off with a few smacks anyway :p

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Shurrup! The ones i had were cheap ebay ones so no chance of getting a new key! Anyway they came off with a few smacks anyway :p

Excuses, excuses... :wasntme:
Not very good locking wheel nuts if they came off with a few smacks then, are they? ;)

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
All locking wheel nuts are easy to get off, they are just a deterrent as you are going to get a fair bit of attention smacking the crap into a wheel nut!

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Just a small update - received these from Craig in the post today, thanks dude! (Y)

100_3709.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to connect them!

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

W00t, third post in a row!!

Just a couple of pics taken today during a cruise - god was it nice!!

Watching the world go by:
DSCF3323.jpg

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

W00T! Fourth Post in a row!
Received some goodies in the post today from mph.
Namely 35mm springs, and Bilstein gas dampers! W00t!

EDIT: 14th March 2009 Bilstein Dampers and 35mm springs now installed :D