• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micrafish's March Cabriolet

Have just asked hubby if I can have mine lowered 35mm...he said he'll sort out some springs through work! What else are you doing?...I can do the same and blame you for encouraging me!!! :laugh:

Have got my eye on a sporty backbox!! (Won't sound like the scooby but I wouldn't won't to get noticed!!:shy:) LOL

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Well NeX's is lowered 35mm already - so we can both blame him for us wanting to do it lol! :p

That exhaust is only a trim - not sure I'll be getting a backbox, but we'll see! Of course, that might get you noticed, and like you said - we don't want that do we! :D

I'm sorting out the sound system, fitting clear indicators, and will get round to a Whiteline suspension kit eventually. Thats the plans for now!

Damn you scouse_boy! *shakes fist* ;)

Tom > thanks! Pics will be up as soon as it's settled! :D

Well NeX's is lowered 35mm already - so we can both blame him for us wanting to do it lol! :p

That exhaust is only a trim - not sure I'll be getting a backbox, but we'll see! Of course, that might get you noticed, and like you said - we don't want that do we! :D

I'm sorting out the sound system, fitting clear indicators, and will get round to a Whiteline suspension kit eventually. Thats the plans for now!:D

I have a nice PINK head unit now and have fitted smoked side indicators. Still looking for some nice rear lights. This little March is costing me a fortune...but she's worth it! :D

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Have just asked hubby if I can have mine lowered 35mm...he said he'll sort out some springs through work! What else are you doing?...I can do the same and blame you for encouraging me!!! :laugh:

Have got my eye on a sporty backbox!! (Won't sound like the scooby but I wouldn't won't to get noticed!!:shy:) LOL

you will probably want a kit that does proper lowering, i have two micras lowered 35mm and one is really stiff and a horrible ride and not that lowered, but very good round corners, and the other (convertibe) looks very low but is still fairly soft

get some clear indicators off ebay ;) very cheap quick mod :D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

you will probably want a kit that does proper lowering, i have two micras lowered 35mm and one is really stiff and a horrible ride and not that lowered, but very good round corners, and the other (convertibe) looks very low but is still fairly soft

get some clear indicators off ebay ;) very cheap quick mod :D

What kit do you have on the LX then (I presume that's the one you're talking about lol)? You did just springs on the Cabrio iirc?

I need new clear indicators :(

Pinky - get up a blog! ;)

NeX

Club Member
What kit do you have on the LX then (I presume that's the one you're talking about lol)? You did just springs on the Cabrio iirc?

I need new clear indicators :(

Pinky - get up a blog! ;)

they are cobra ones from halfords, the cabrio springs i am not sure about, they came off another car i bought.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Got the MSC stickers on - proud to be flying the Micra flag again :)

Blog1.jpg

Blog2.jpg

Also got the locking wheel nuts fitted too - thanks Joe!! :D

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
gonna have to myself some msc stickers :) my old ones came off with my old rear 1/4's.

car looked awsome at the meet, as soon as i saw nex's with the roof down i wanted one!

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

There is one for sale in the K11s for Sale section at the moment ;)
But thanks dude, they really are fun little cars - just don't plan on going too fast lol

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
No probs Niki ;) You'll have to come over to moddedmicra's micra modding shop (the garage lol) soon to get the lowering springs done ;) And let us remove the flid aerial!

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Robb > Thanks! :D I wish someone on the club would buy that one though!

Joe > Yes to the springs, No to the flid aerial!! Me likes the flid aerial... I just need someone to push it down again...

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Went to the Garage of Modded Micra today - I haz lowering springs!:

DSCF3394.jpg

DSCF3403.jpg

Thank you very much to NeX and MM for helping me! :D

NeX

Club Member
the rear springs are upside down. i have always fitted them the other way. dont think it makes a diffrance though.

i thought that too, but we did them according to how the writing was stamped on the spring. the writing was the right way up if the springs were that way up. seems to drive very well so it can't be too bad.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Well, it does look odd admittedly - but as long as it isn't dangerous it'll be fine. We can always sort them out again. Just as long as I remember the locking wheel nut key! :laugh:

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Think thats how i had my old rear springs fitted...it was also a guess as there were no specific instructions, so assumed a little give bodyside might be better than it being axle side.

But who knows lol.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
its shouldnt matter what way up they are really, it doesnt make any diffrance if they are lol but i have always fitted the other way, so does everyone else i know with a k11 lol.

some times the writing is stamped upside down! on some of the springs i have had are anyway, and other are the stamped the right way round :p

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Ah well, never mind! I will probably sort it eventually - as least it's not as bad as chopped springs!
On a side note, I have just realised the splitter I have bought from AMY is a perfect match for my sideskirts! :D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Believe me, they aren't! lol There was sooo much dirt, and they still aren't undersealed, so will need that sorted asap!

Anyone know a place where I can the car undersealed at a fair price?

solarice

Ex. Club Member
If you want really cheap...get yourself a wire brush, a paint brush and a tin of underseal and crawl underneath and get to it :)

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

it's always an idea! :p
Trouble is, I have none of the equipment here, so I would need to borrow a jack, axle stands etc or drive somewhere to someone who has them and then wait around until it dried as I wouldn't be able to drive back when it's wet! :p

NeX

Club Member
it's always an idea! :p
Trouble is, I have none of the equipment here, so I would need to borrow a jack, axle stands etc or drive somewhere to someone who has them and then wait around until it dried as I wouldn't be able to drive back when it's wet! :p

you can do that here if joe gets his SLX on the road, we can keep it in the garage and you can take one of my cars with you

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
when i worked at a garage i wax oiled a few cars...put it into a spray gun and compressor, put the car on the ramps and walk underneath...used to stink of wax oil, gave me a headache and hurt my eyes and got wx oil all over me as it used to drip off the car and hit me lol...it wasnt cheap to have it done ither! carnt remember the actual price, but iirc it was over £100...

i did my black micra myself..did under the archs, and sills also remove all the front end and painted all the cross member black ....was gonna do underneath the car but never got around to it.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

means I'd have to come all the way back to come and collect it! I suppose I could always stay over yours or something? How long would it take to dry?

NeX

Club Member
means I'd have to come all the way back to come and collect it! I suppose I could always stay over yours or something? How long would it take to dry?

well you would have to come all the way back anyway cos you would have my car lol, and you are welcome to stay here any time for as long as you like so that is not a problem

as for how long it dries?

my dad was looking at the new honda civics when his old hyundi gave up, (he went nissan instead YAY!! lol) we had a look at the cars and i got under one of the brand new ones in the show room, the bottom was covered in this thick black tar, stones were just getting absorbed by it so they had no chance of scratching it, thing was tho it was still wet, even after it had been put on in the factory and driven to the show room! the sales guy said it takes a very long time for it to dry, but in a way its not ment to ever be completly dry because when it dries it cracks and falls off.

so i suppose it depends what you get tho, i bought some sound deadening spray from halfords, it was expensive crap! but it left about a 2mm thick chalky surface that was soft and stones get slowed down by it. it would have been perfect for underseal if it wasn't so expensive.

i would talk to matt, he said there is something he puts on the cars after under body work,

but also just a few layers of standard primer will help, the more layers of anything you have on the bottom of the car is going to help protect it

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Hmmm what about Hammerite (as daft as it sounds) isn't that meant to stop rusting etc?
Standard Primer is porous, iirc, so might not be too useful.

Squarepants - I don't mind spending that much if it protects my car! Thanks, I will have to think about it!

NeX

Club Member
Hmmm what about Hammerite (as daft as it sounds) isn't that meant to stop rusting etc?
Standard Primer is porous, iirc, so might not be too useful.

Squarepants - I don't mind spending that much if it protects my car! Thanks, I will have to think about it!

yea hammerite would be better,

the underseal is more rubbery bouncey stuff it is designed to absorbe the impact of stones so they dont scratch the paint and cause rust. so that would be best, but hammerite is good stuff too

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Hammerite might be the way forward then! Maybe that might negate the need for underseal for now - unless the hammerite starts chipping lol
May need to be coming round to Garage of MM soon then, get this puppy undersealed! Will ask my dad first, see what he says :)

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
a garage near me does it for £49, i know it's nowhere near you, but should give a good idea of a price, 'cos it is a messy job. expect to get it all over you and the floor.