• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra_Tom's Bloggywog

-AdaM-

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Can you tell the differance with your induction kit? i got the same one fitted today and to me its seems to have made a big differance!

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
lol thanks guys...yeah i gotta say not including the massive roar you now get when you put your foot down, it does feel a lil bit more responsive...but maybe its just subconsious lol..it does sound good though!!

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
Damn didnt no that , but thinking about it, its pretty obvious lol may have to get rid of the current boot handel and invest in some nipples...hmm so many ideas, just not enough time/monies to do them lol..
And yeah thats the guy! Did you no him? He said he had pictures in Banzai mag and he went jae all the time etc??

Thanks gor your comments guys!!

yearh i know him...he used to live in sheffield (20minute away from me)...and his parents live in london....top bloke.

heres some pictures of your bumpers on his car.

:)

Attachments

• Image007Medium.jpg
    Image007Medium.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 339
  • Image008Medium.jpg
    Image008Medium.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 322

-AdaM-

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
yeah i gotta say not including the massive roar you now get when you put your foot down, it does feel a lil bit more responsive...but maybe its just subconsious lol..it does sound good though!!

I was thinking the same thing, but mine seems to go through the revs quicker when it gets above 4k! but as you said could be subconcious. :suspect:

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
yearh i know him...he used to live in sheffield (20minute away from me)...and his parents live in london....top bloke.

heres some pictures of your bumpers on his car.

:)

OMFG LOL...yeah thats the exact same guy! He is a top bloke i gotta say and hes motor...well...just look at it lol... small world eh?! lol

And yeah AdAm i gotta agree with yah dude, as you go through the revs you suddenly get a bit of a kick from no where..

alexm

Club Member (Trial)
I was thinking the same thing, but mine seems to go through the revs quicker when it gets above 4k! but as you said could be subconcious. :suspect:

Hmm i dont hear anything lol back box is already louder haha! =) and since my father is sat next to me when i drive i carnt really put my foot down to feel the full potenial so i will give you my opion when i pass lol :D

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
lol...has he still got his micra tom?

Yeah but its parked up on his drive, if you look on ebay hes breaking it down to the bone. The bad boy bonnets on there now, and the jap spec rear lights. Such a shweet motor !

Alexm - I didnt realise you was still on a provisional liscene dude, trust me when you get the car to your self, it will be good. My faviourt note is going from 1st gear to 2nd then flooring it in second all the way up to 30 (preferably whilst driving through a tunnel lol) What exhaust you got on yours then???

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Update !!

Well finaly i have a little update. Iv finished making my open mouth grill. Not to sure what to say really but i have go a lot of plans to come. i guess ill just let the pictures speak for themselves.

Started off cutting out the mid section
Photo0358.jpg

the fiberglassed the gaps and started to fill them in..this took a while untill i got it all smooth how i wanted it
Photo0453.jpg

Then i primered it.
Photo0458.jpg

I then started doing coats of the AJ4 Red...Once that was done i applied some coats of laqure (i think iv spelt that wrong lol)
Photo0459.jpg

Once the laqure had finished drying, i then attached the mesh.
Photo0462.jpg

So this is the final product before it gets put onto the motor tommorow morning. Will get some pics up then guys. All comments welcome!

Untill tommorow!

Tom

LOL just looked through the pics, and iv noticed that i was wearing odd socks..before anyone ealse can say it ;)

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
**GRILL UPDATE**

Got up this morning and i could wait around anymore, so i just went and fitted the grill. Once again not to much to say ( i mean how many times can you read about an open mouth grill lol) so heres the piccys!!

being fitted
Photo0464.jpg

once it had been fitted, and the bonnet shut (ignore the HUGE dent in the bonnet lol)
Photo0468.jpg

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
lol oh im very honoured rich! lol...i never thought id see the day you sign up for the micra forum. May have to come and invade your Saxo one now lol..So what yah think dude!?

it looks pretty good.. better than i thought cos i assumed it was gonna be one of those thigs you start but dont finish an stuff... ya know the way ya usually do things... like that first set of bumpers lol..

i aint gonna mod this saxo i am jus gonna wait till i get the new one an go all out on that.... specially as i may have a new job now an all..

am bout to jump in bath.. see ya at the babys house...

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Thanks for your comments guys. Yeah I'm hoping to get that sorted out next month. Hopefully I will be able to get it pulled out by a garage, not to sure if that would work...if not its down to the scrappy for me. Oh and I recently colour coded my interior, only got a few bits in there to finish off then ill get some piccys up.

Until then chaps! :)

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Hey guys not much progress, but i have made quiet a few decisions.

The main one being, i am going to lay off "modifying" her for a while. Its costing me to much to insure her at the mo, so im going to wait untill renewal time, then get myself with a company like adrian flux.

So now my plans are to basicaly "restore" her. Bellow are a list of tasks that i plan to do, please feel free to suggest some things that you feel would make the car look better. Oh and 2 pics that i took today when i was bored. Car needs a MAJOR clean, but hey ho.

TO DO:
1.Repair dent in bonnet
2.Colour code bumpers
3.Colour code grab handle (possibly also colour code door handles?? oppinions would be appretiated)
4.Get the left over glue off from the bump strips
5.repair gash on rear arch
6.spray the silver paint (left over from welding at MOT) black, so it blends with the bottom of the car
7.Clean engine bay (needed badly)
8.Referbish Steelies (silver or black??)
9.Invest in some serious car cleaning gear and give the car a good polish. Paint has LOADS of swirls on it, and i want to get rid of them!!

AND IM SURE THERE IS MORE, AS I SAID BEFOR PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Photo0638.jpg

Photo0640.jpg