• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra_Tom's Bloggywog

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
So iv finally got the new motor! (INSURED AS OF TODAY!!) Weyhey! Been waiting for this moment for over 3 months now! So here my new little baby how it stand right now:

Picture232.jpg

So obviously over the last few months iv had a lot of time to think about what I want do to her, so here a list :

Fitting new colour coded bumpers
Leguna Splitter
Seat Ibiza rear Splitter
A Super S or Pi Spoiler
Lower (35mm+ would be best)
Colour Coding (exterior + Interior)
Alloys
Janspeed/Ashley Exhaust System
New Steering Wheel
New air filter
And much much more!

The only problem i'm going to be having over the next few months is cash really, but hopefully i'm going to be getting an extra few shifts at work!!

Some of you have probably seen what I have been through already, when it comes to purchasing new parts if not then follow these links :

(Bumpers Link) http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=27230
(Wind Deflector Link) http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=27240
(Problems i been having with my breaks) http://micra.org.uk/showthread.php?p=316063#post316063
(Head Light Problem) http://micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=25691
But basically I haven't had that much luck, but i'm not going to let it stop me. No, if anything, its made me more determined!

BUT its not all good news there is also a few things that need to be fixed!!!:

1. Sort out Headlights (stop the buzzing sound/one light brighter than the other)
2. Broken Grill (replace with open mouth)(in walks micras69 lol)
3. Bonnet dent (replace/repair)
4. Brake light (one doesnt come on, tried replacing bulbs)
5. Fan only works on one setting
6. Passenger window doesnt wind up properly
7. Driver arm rest worn (repair/replace)
8. Drive seat wearing away on the side

So that's pretty much it for my first post, If anyone has anything to say/suggest/advice, then please don't hesitate, i'm such a noob at cars right now, but I want to learn so much!

Speak to you all soon!!

Tom

micras69

Deactivated Account
woooop wooooop lets get a moddin lol

glad you finaly got it bud! bet ur chuft!!

Leguna Splitter nd Seat Ibiza rear Splitter pfffftttt, to hell with that man dude, eveyone and the misses has done that, try something elce!!! use ur nut and not be a sheep ;)

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
woooop wooooop lets get a moddin lol

glad you finaly got it bud! bet ur chuft!!

Leguna Splitter nd Seat Ibiza rear Splitter pfffftttt, to hell with that man dude, eveyone and the misses has done that, try something elce!!! use ur nut and not be a sheep ;)

Lol well look what the cat dragged in lol..trust you to be the first one to pop up, your certainly on the ball good sir!

About the spitters, thats just the first ideas, its something to grow on, dont worries no following for me lol..

Ill chat to you more on msn about that though doode!!

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Optispart :
Other the other billion of us out there (since i got the car all i seem to notice is other red micras lol)

Krish:
How you doing dude aint spoke to you in a while, yeah the moddings gonna start pretty soon..hopefully this weekend!!

micras69

Deactivated Account
Lol well look what the cat dragged in lol..trust you to be the first one to pop up, your certainly on the ball good sir!

About the spitters, thats just the first ideas, its something to grow on, dont worries no following for me lol..

Ill chat to you more on msn about that though doode!!

hell yea!

dam strate im the first! as i am the one and only :laugh:

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Couldnt wait till the weekend so i put the wind deflectors on today, im suprised how easy it was and how good they look...will try and get some pics on tommorow!

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Open Mouth

Hey everyone, Just a little update, i started making my Bumper into an open mouth style one today. Went pretty well i think, all i got to do now is, sand them down, filler, primer then paint, and with anyluck they will be looking good!

Just need a bit of advise though, im not to sure how im supose to fill the gap on the side of the oval, should i use fiver glass or something? or does some have a better technique??

Any comments are welcome people!
Tom

100_0260.jpg

100_0258.jpg

100_0259.jpg

^^Thats the little gap thing i was talking about :] ^^ Thanks again guys!

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
put somthing behind it i.e metal?, or somthing that wont ruin when wet, and use fibre glass then filler :)

Ohkidoki mate, not to sure where i would get the metal from....would it be ok to use mesh? i mean this will be my first time using fiber glass so i dont no if that would work??

b47to

Ex. Club Member
looking good all i did with my bumper was melted a thin piece of plastic behind it then just bodyfilled it :D

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Thanks for the advice guys, gonna do it tommorow, iv got the fiberglass and everything, so ill let you know how it goes. Pics shall be comming...
Not to sure whether i should colour code the bumpers or re spray them a nice black...hmm what to do!!

Antony

Ex. Club Member
black... then follow the line around the car from front bumper to back bumper and paint the lower half of the car completely in black.

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
bahhhhhhhhh lol (we dont like sheep lol) spray them a nice black!!!

lol a lot of sheep comments martin...think iv discovered your faviourt animal lol..
Yeah i think im gonna get like a nice shiny deep black... its gonna look the nackers!!

I was just wondering, how hard is it to open mouth your own grill??....

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Well the bumpers are almost done!!! gonna go at them with the electric sander on the weekend, then start the spraying, so with any luck ill have some pictures up by sunday of the finish product!
Also gonna try and pop over to the local scrappy on the weekend, see if i can get hold of a new bonnet and grill.. then open mouth it...(isnt as hard as i first thought it would be once i thought about it lol) so hopefully by next week the motor will be looking a tad more sexyer!!!

b47to

Ex. Club Member
looking forward to pictures and i think the open mouth makes a big difference i love it

wish i still had a pre-facelift

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Bad Day

Hi everyone just a little bit of an update, and a cry for some advice!!
Iv just came in from working on the bumpers and im not too happy...Tbh the bumpers look like sh**te! iv filled in the gaps and now im trying to sand em down (3 hours on friday). I sprayed them after i done the first bout of sanding, because i thought to myself "after the paint it might look better" ...but no, it just looks horrible! :(
Iv just been out in the garden since 1 sanding away with a electric sander trying to make it smoother, but no luck, it just looks the same really...
This is the first time i have ever done something like this, and i just feel so :( that its so crap (i suppose i keep thinking about how much effort and time and money into it, and to not get a result.)

Bellow are some piccys of what they look like rite now, if anyones got any advice (contructive please lol) then fire away, or if anyones got any suggestions?? Thanks for listening to the rant eveyone!!!!

100_0296.jpg

100_0297.jpg

Thanks again everyone!

my advise would be to keep filling and sanding, then looking for indents to fill and sand some more, dont give up now:) they will look great when you have got them all smooth and nice:D
oh, and use good quality paint! (from a paint shop, not halfords or some cheap place) it makes such a difference to the finnish and it will be much easier to spray with!

oh, and i take it you are using a block to sand with right?

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
omfg thats hilarious, just by comparing them 2 pictures i can see how much my 1st timer filling skills suck! lol
Yeah i am using a block along with a sanding machine, thanks for all the advice lads...

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Small update everyone, got a delivery yesterday in the form of an Induction Kit.
Looks and Sounds the Nuts...and a steal for only £38.99 off fleabay...
Any comments are welcome or advise is welcome everyone...
NEXT ON THE LIST: some sort of tubing so i can get MORE cold air going direct to the filter... Pics bellow..

100_0302.jpg

100_0303.jpg

So what do yall thinks?? yah i no i no, engine cold do with a clean lol

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Nice one lads...i was planning on either open mouthing the grill OR de-stickering and De-stripping the car today...but it damn cold outside lol..
I gotta say i do love the way this induction kit sounds...all i can think about now is getting the exhaust! (and gettin more air to the filter!!! lol)

Oooh i was just wondering, considering i was thinking about doing the open mouth, will i be able to cover over the gaps with fiberglass sheets? i was looking through smidges blog and he glued in some plastic, but iv got a load of fiberglass left over in the garage so i thought i could use that, but im not to sure, cos the gap looks pretty big. Thanks for you help guys!!

opengrill1.jpg

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
its the same induction i have on mine mate they are nice go to helfrauds and get some silver ducting that fits inside the middle part of the filter have a look at my blog to see what i mean

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
its the same induction i have on mine mate they are nice go to helfrauds and get some silver ducting that fits inside the middle part of the filter have a look at my blog to see what i mean

Hey dude, just checked out the blog, and i gotta say your car looks smashing. like the look of the ducting (gettin my self to halfrauds soonish) how much did i cost yah?

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Oooh i was just wondering, considering i was thinking about doing the open mouth, will i be able to cover over the gaps with fiberglass sheets? i was looking through smidges blog and he glued in some plastic, but iv got a load of fiberglass left over in the garage so i thought i could use that, but im not to sure, cos the gap looks pretty big. Thanks for you help guys!!

opengrill1.jpg

The easier way I've found to do the open mouth, like you've cut it out there, is to sand the paint all around the bits you've cut out, then fibreglass the back of the gap, and then fill it in with filler (p38 will do) till it's flush with the plastic. If that makes sense. However, doing the top edge will prove to be a tricky ###### if you're a perfectionist.

You'll want to file down the plastic strengthening bits near the gaps though so the fibreglass sits better.

b47to

Ex. Club Member
looking good tom

just a quick question on the air filter whats that pipe you got going to the top off it ? because on mine i just blocked the hole up :S

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
looking good tom

just a quick question on the air filter whats that pipe you got going to the top off it ? because on mine i just blocked the hole up :S

LOL oh dude i dont have a friggin clue what it is lol...all i know is then i was taking the originial air box out, this little black tube came off it. so when i attached this new filter there was a hole just the right size so i just ploped it in lol.. if anyone does know what it is, would be good to know lol..

capnmchl - Thanks for the advice matey, the misses is out on the weekend so i think ill be gettin on with that then... got so many things planned to do !! wish i had more monies and times!! thanks for the advice matey

Thanks for the comments everyone !

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Well after a bit of break (due to no funds) ib made a bit of a progression...I got myself some Super S bumpers yesterday... Excellent condition apart from the exhaust hole has been made a lil bit wider, but hey i can live with that, i mean im gonna be filling it with an exhaust soon enough...Well today i spent the whole morning fitting them..a little bit trickyer than i thought it would be, and the bumpers JUST about fitted..a real squeeze, to the point where i had to drill new holes..

Still need to get the lamps wired up, but i have no idea how to do this, or what i need..or what they even wire up too? lol
Well heres some piccys :
OFF WITH THE OLD
Photo0030.jpg

IN WITH THE NEW
Photo0035.jpg

THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!!(i no i no, could do with a clean, well i have since then, i just didnt take any piccys lol
Photo0039.jpg

Photo0036.jpg

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Thanks for your comments guys!
The dent in the bonnet happened befor my misses even got the car. As for the colour coding, im not gonna do it :p lol...im gonna keep them black, love the way it looks (now its been cleaned lol) and plus its a bit different to the norm...

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
thats a march rear bumper ;) its got the cut out on the bumper so you can open the boot lid as marchs dont have boot handles...

the bumpers where on sonnys supercharged micra....

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
thats a march rear bumper ;) its got the cut out on the bumper so you can open the boot lid as marchs dont have boot handles...

the bumpers where on sonnys supercharged micra....

Damn didnt no that , but thinking about it, its pretty obvious lol may have to get rid of the current boot handel and invest in some nipples...hmm so many ideas, just not enough time/monies to do them lol..
And yeah thats the guy! Did you no him? He said he had pictures in Banzai mag and he went jae all the time etc??

Thanks gor your comments guys!!