Micra year: how to tell?

T

trevor72

Can anyone tell me where to look to find out the year of my micra? It's not listed on the blue tag under the bonnet. There was Zero paper work/manuals that came with the car.

Thank You,
Trevor

If you register with http://www.rac.co.uk/myrac and click Vehicle Data Search - you can enter your registration number and it will tell you the year of first registration. In most cases this is accurate enough.

But for a guide, if it has an old style front grille it is a pre-88 model and if it has the more modern one, it's the facelift model from 88-92.

James.

trevor72 said:
There was Zero paper work/manuals that came with the car.

Thank You,
Trevor

Didnt you get your V5 log book and regristration details of the car, it has the year on there

or if you relate the number plate registration to the year of making for that registration it also lets you know what year it was made. and since they only relate back when you search to find they say they were all made on new years eve (o_O i think it was) of that year. so say it is a k reg then its 92. L = 93, J = 91 etc etc etc

This car is in the US isn't it? so none of the above means any thing :p

EDIT: sorry Canada, also north america never got the 89' face lift.

The simple answer is to goto a nissan dealership and ask them :)

Ya sorry, it is in CANADA, forgot to mention that. I have a friend at an insurance broker in Canada searching the vin for me, Thanks.

You know, I nearly asked instead of spouting off a load of UK-specific stuff. It was the Mustang thing in the signature that made me wonder.

Whoops :blush:

James.

Ok Dreamtech,

Here you go, and if by some miracle you happen to find out the registered owners name and contact, tha'd be stellar!!, but year is all I really NEED.

>>>>JN1HK04S5L5030436<<<<<<

PS: made in Japan, registered in BC, Canada.

Aaahhhh! Sorry trevor72.
The mistake is mine.
I'm just not understand you in previous posts.:down:
There is no way to tell you previous owners.
VIN JN1HK04S5L5030436
Model code-HLK10SFNV1
Internal color-K - GRAY
External color-526 - RED
Production year/mon-9005
Model start year-8307
Model finish year-9101
Model-NISSAN MICRA K10
Description
TRANS - 5-SPEED M/T
TRIM LVL - DX/E TYPE
ENGINE - MA12S TYPE ENGINE
BODY - 3 DOOR HATCHBACK

Thats quite cool :)

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 336
WOW, that's much appreciated!

And I'm not even going to ask how you can do that!!

ThankYou.

I actually think its one of those Nissan Parts CDs knocking around on eBay, I've always been tempted to get hold of one... :)

Back