Micra wont lock

Hello please have any of you come across this problem before

I have a 1.3 micra k12 (03plate) - it has keyless entry and keyless ignition. The problem is that the keyless entry fob will not lock (or unlock) the car(the door buttons will not work either). But it will allow me to start and drive the car as normal.

The central locking mechanism works as verified by the button inside the car which will lock/unlock all doors etc.

I know about the reprogramming procedure(http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=796593), but i am unsure if this is for my model. I have tried it and it will not give me the flashing warning lights. Also i am confused by the instruction to leave the key in the ignition as it is a keyless version (although i have tried the pull out key in the fob and this still does not work). This makes me think there might be a different procedure for this type of lock/igntion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked the battery in the fob?

Locking and unlocking require electricity to send the radio signal to the vehicle, starting the car doesn't require electricity in the fob, the transponder inside is detected passively by the car's transceiver.

Is the barrel completely turning to the off position? The car will not allow the central locking function to work if it thinks the barrel is turned.. Also are any of your ikey buttons damaged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a problem with the central locking (key fob) if i press to unlock the car only the drivers door opens and i have to press twice to allow the boot door to open but all the other doors stay locked shut until i get in the car and press the unlock button by the handbrake. any idea whats going wrong or how to fix this?

Hi guys sorry to jump on a thread im a new member not sure how this all works yet, i just want a reply... :). I GOT A NISSAN MICRA 2008 5 DOOR ACCENTA and the central locking is intermittent!!! the driver door opens when pressed once ONLY all the other doors stay locked including the boot. press it again and the boot unlocks but the passenger door and rear doors stay closed most of the time. unless i go in the car and click the "unlock" button by the handbrake. What could be the issue? is it my key fob? please here for advice. Thank you everyone

Petals if you lock the car and push and hold both the lock and unlock buttons until the hazards flash, this will take it out of selective unlock, this feature is there for drivers who drive alone, if you want to unlock all of the doors just push the unlock button twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back