• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra Urban Van.

Today working on back 2 black plastics. The indicator clusters. Also tested on spoiler and all other exterior plastic items.
Going to wait a day and see how this sets in before taking more photos..Waiting for grilles. These will be hand made and are to be installed later. Plan is make front end happy again and face lift a little later.

Last edited:
Backbox of the exhaust seems to be making a ticking sound.The ground next to it has been water covered.
My guess is its humidity but its dripping water at the back of the box not really that concerned as yet as the car has been stood for a while over most of the winter.
Probably needs a run to blow out the humidity..

Added some covers to the top mounts on front suspension struts. They come from Nissan versa and are not very tight fit. Also my breather hose mod that I managed to get to fit after a lot of trial and error I used a vax part a radiator hose and a red top from a gas tin for the top it fits it does the job enough said..

Last edited:
Want some of these fog lamps.They seem over priced for what they are imo. Also currently looking for rear gas struts for back door.
Am wondering if I should just go for led fogs and bull bar combo.

Last edited:
Today added some new talegate gas struts as the old ones were on their way out. Also added some trim mouldings to the bonnet around the lights, rear door and both doors.
Was going to use the trim as part of the grille for the front bumper. Only this did not seem to work so instead used for its original purpose.
Will take some photo soon.
Up next touching up stone chips and scratches.
Lastly remove the old rivets from number plates .Replace with screws as they seem to be a rusty patch around them on the plate :cautious:(Good ole Rivets)
P_20190115_101151.jpg
SPARKY20189.jpg
P_20190115_104615.jpg
P_20190115_102746.jpg

Last edited:
Today the bumper clips arrived have put some on for the indicator grilles. Chewed on for ages trying to get the ones under headlights to pop in.Would not go in without poping backout. I also noticed some others were missing on the scuttle panel. Below windscreen those have tie clips and won't take these clips for some reason. Any who the grilles for indicators are nice and tight now and the clips are correct.

Next project to clean up the rear drum brakes and paint yellow not sure yet to spray or hand paint them and or to have copper slip incase they require this.
so far I have gathered most of the items needed including a pair axle stands. So will be able to lift one end at a time.
Breaker bar and a Torque wrench to make sure that they are replaced according to the manual specifications.

Another thing I am considering is to remove the rear parking sensor that is not to my taste when reversing would imagine it to be a simple fuse removal to achieve this please let me know if this is incorrect as this would be most helpful to me.

I painted my brake drums black with brush. From my blog

"Fashionable & easy mod, painting of brake drums. This makes rear of vehicle looking nice, I didn't realized, before seeing with my own eyes, how big difference this makes to appearance of Micra :cool:
Like John_D says: small details ;)

Before removal of surface rust.

After surface rust removed.

Tools used.

Really easy to lift rear of vehicle from hitch.

Done, brown ugly round thing is camouflaged. I added blue 'NISSAN' decals at same time.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
And front calibers:
"Front calibers done, ducking cool! :cool:
Changed new discs and brake pads at same time, disches were worn under tolerance thickness. Discs were ordered with black paint from Germany.

Helpful videos for brakes:
How to replace front brake discs and brake pads NISSAN MICRA 3 TUTORIAL | AUTODOC 06:25

Nissan Note fitting front brake pads 10:18

How to replace rear brake pads NISSAN MICRA 3 TUTORIAL | AUTODOC 07:27

Nissan versa note rear brakes 16:40

And front calibers:
"Front calibers done, ducking cool! :cool:
Changed new discs and brake pads at same time, disches were worn under tolerance thickness. Discs were ordered with black paint from Germany.

Helpful videos for brakes:
How to replace front brake discs and brake pads NISSAN MICRA 3 TUTORIAL | AUTODOC 06:25

Nissan Note fitting front brake pads 10:18

How to replace rear brake pads NISSAN MICRA 3 TUTORIAL | AUTODOC 07:27

Nissan versa note rear brakes 16:40

"
Strange, I can't see any of your pictures in the last two posts Mika, BUT when I go to reply to one of them, as now, they appear?? Thought it might be a browser thing, but same happens both in Firefox and Chrome........
edit: pictures now visible to me in my replied post but still not visible in the earlier posts???:unsure:

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I now no longer can see the pictures in my reply Mika, how odd. Can anybody else see the pictures or is it just me?
This is what I can see.........
No pictures.jpg

Thanks mika for your detailed reply. I did try a search the other day. About this and was unable to find any information on here.
Have seen the auto doc disc brake. Tutorial a while back now and thought that it was a great guide. Compared with most of the other guides out there in video format.
Btw I am able to see the uploads you made. Including your amazing vintage style drill that reminds me of the black and decker one. That I rarely use these days.
This reminded me that I should also grab a wire brush attachment to speed up the process.
Its good also to use only brass wire. brushes and avoid the steel brush. Since they leave fragments that can cause the rust to return.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app