• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra Thread

Micra Thread *New exhaust y0!*

It will be a very slow progress as well money is tight! Well after the saxo went, i sold it for £300 with 4 days mot. So i releved that went haha, so than i saved up a bit and was planning on getting another saxo or 106. Well after weeks of searching none were available for me at my price range lol, so i looked in the paper and a cheap Micra was for sale, i didnt really like them at first but at my current situation is a car so me, bro and dad went to check it out, it was in decent condition for X reg (2000 btw) bar the odd general scratch.

So i went and got it.. So got it home and cleaned it up a bit, needed a good polish tbh. Before you all decide to lol, its a car and it'll do me a year or so.. so no pathetic comments!

List of things il get/to do over the next following months haha.

Alloys; Hopefully some cheap ones will turn up in the salvage.

Repaint calipers; Any colour suggestions? blue, red, white etc?

Micra standard spoiler, in blue obviously.

New backbox; Will be after the wheels this time. [decided not to get one]

Take the Micra sign off the boot?

Clean engine up, polish roker/manifold cover. [in progress atm]

And thats it atm.

So this is it when i brought it home;

SDC10302.jpg

The engine, dirty i know...

SDC10301.jpg

Interior;

SDC10303.jpg

SDC10304.jpg

Front/Back/Side etc;

*note these were taking the day i got it, as its dirty and has the original wipers*

SDC10308.jpg

SDC10306.jpg

SDC10309.jpg

SDC10310.jpg

SDC10313.jpg

So i decided i didnt like the wipers so i got some flat wipers, look tidier imo.

Originals;

SDC10311.jpg

SDC10315.jpg

New flat wipers;

SDC10317.jpg

SDC10316.jpg

What you think?

Changed rear window as it had a deep scratch on the inside, new one below obviously...

SDC10326.jpg

Next day i washed the car and start on polishing the rocker cover.

Washed pictures;

SDC10338.jpg

SDC10337.jpg

SDC10336.jpg

SDC10335.jpg

SDC10335.jpg

So i started polishing the rocker cover todays progress..

Put some autosol on to give it a little shine...

SDC10331.jpg

SDC10328.jpg

SDC10330.jpg

SDC10325.jpg

SDC10331.jpg

SDC10331.jpg

had a 5min break as my fingers were aching.. lol.

SDC10329.jpg

Done for today but as you can see just below the oil cap it has a nice smooth shine. :D

SDC10332.jpg

SDC10333.jpg

SDC10334-1.jpg

Added my old exhaust tip as the original tip was rusty etc..

Original;

SDC10314.jpg

New/old tip added
;

SDC10342.jpg

SDC10343.jpg

SDC10344.jpg

SDC10345.jpg

Opinions on exhaust tip?

Hopefully some good comments please.

b47to

Ex. Club Member
I lovd this colour micra n i like the mods youve done ie the tip n wippers make it look smarted keep up the good work !!

Robb

Site Supporter
Very nice (Y) that blue is such a good colour for the k11, reminds me of me old 1ltr :)

Dont be afraid to saw the curved end off the tailpipe, it looks much better when the exhaust trim points out horizontal instead of dipping. Infact sawing the curve off the tailpipe to get a snug fitting trim was the first mod i did to mine lol!

OP
OP
J
I lovd this colour micra n i like the mods youve done ie the tip n wippers make it look smarted keep up the good work !!

Thanks. :)

I like it, looks nice and tidy.

Did you get it for £300???

Nah not that cheap double it.. :)

Very nice (Y) that blue is such a good colour for the k11, reminds me of me old 1ltr :)

Dont be afraid to saw the curved end off the tailpipe, it looks much better when the exhaust trim points out horizontal instead of dipping. Infact sawing the curve off the tailpipe to get a snug fitting trim was the first mod i did to mine lol!

Thanks man. (Y)

Not a bad idea, i might tackle that. :)

looking great mate where are you from

North East, blackhall near hartlepool/peterlee...

Im out on sunday night at peel and roker with a couple of members from sax-p :) (was joined when had saxo) if your out pop over. (Y)

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
ah thats proberly why i recognise the lisence plate then lol i might be at peel on sunday mate depends on how wasted i get sat night also do you have msn

Stani1029

Club Member
get a pre-facelift boot handle and that will remove the nissan badge and then take off the micra and thats the boot de-badged

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
micrafish is right.

that would look awesome mate,

and dont worry about your dad, its yours and you can make it unique and unlike all the french stuff you've had, the trim wont fall off lol

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
You've done a good job on that cover, should really do mine. Also really liking the blue lip on thos steelies, makes me want to sell my 15" alloys.

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Looks really tidy! Love the steelies - just slam it and you could keep it like that! :D

Exactly.
Find some secondhand 185' 60 13's it'll look the nuts lowered..
Re.The swirl marks..Get some "3M" machine polish (which works well by hand too)& give it a going over.Expensive but it'll clean your paint properly removing old polish & traffic film taking loads of marks away with it.Wash it all away,dry & wax.
Nice car,I love that blue.Good price too,any catches?

OP
OP
J
Looks really tidy! Love the steelies - just slam it and you could keep it like that! :D

Thanks man. :)

micrafish is right.

that would look awesome mate,

and dont worry about your dad, its yours and you can make it unique and unlike all the french stuff you've had, the trim wont fall off lol

You've done a good job on that cover, should really do mine. Also really liking the blue lip on thos steelies, makes me want to sell my 15" alloys.

Yeah dad was just wind me up :S and HAHA, true.

Yeah it was pretty easy to do, i got the roughest sandpaper went wild and voila, matt black paint btw than laquare (obviously) the lip was hard to do but done it lol.

Exactly.
Find some secondhand 185' 60 13's it'll look the nuts lowered..
Re.The swirl marks..Get some "3M" machine polish (which works well by hand too)& give it a going over.Expensive but it'll clean your paint properly removing old polish & traffic film taking loads of marks away with it.Wash it all away,dry & wax.
Nice car,I love that blue.Good price too,any catches?

Yeah, i looked today and they didnt look too bad =/

No catches man. (Y)

Also debadged the boot, it looks miles better, pics tommorow.

All comments appreciated. :)

WillyMicra

Ex. Club Member
nice wheels il iv took the alloys off mine and im planning on doing my steelies like yours but with a white lip(as the car is white)
nice job