Micra ST - Specs

Batch

Ex. Club Member
anyone got/know where to find relatively accurate specs for the ST (ed's head will do, if he reads this :upside: )

BHP (wheels/flywheel), compression ratio, a picture of a torque graph would be nice too.

As much info as possible, even if it's just a pointy clicky.

Thanks guys

110ps @ fly @ 6400 rpm
13.3 Kg/m torque at 4800 rpm
7.7:1 compression ratio.
Stock boost 0.7 bar
MPI ECCS fuel injection.

All from my head.:)

[attachment=518]

Thanks Ed, at the wheels it'll be around 100 brake then i suppose?

Thanks for the info mate, assesing my options, the gap between 110 brake and 179 brake is rather large, although so is the difference in cost to achieve them!

Thanks again

What did you want to do? And the gap is large, I plan for more than you suggest on my other ST. It will mean alot of work..

Well i've always planned to get the S13 1.8T dropped in but thats so much work, welding chassis, new suspension, new brakes, probably want power steering so i'd have to see about finding someone to sort that too, just loads and loads of work.

I could get the ST engine imported and fitted for about 1.5k and i'm almost hitting that with my savings, but then parts are gonna be hard to get and i know i'll kill it all day long so it WILL break down.

but like you day the difference between 110brake and 180brake is mahoosive. Fancied the ST for a stop gap but if it's gonna cost loads to maintain then it won't be worth it

Opinions?

have you got a torque graph of your old ST, just so i've got an english version to scan over, looks pretty hefty on that graph, rather steep : )

Sorry Ed, know i'm a pain.

Batch I have to say that honestly there is no way at all you will get one imported and fitted for under £1500. If you do manage that I will eat my hat. (If I had one) I can think of so many problems I dont even know were to begin..

Dyno plots (of my old march) these need correcting to 4cyl (hence why rpm only goes to 5600) the stupid dyno person forgot to do this on the day.

[attachment=534]
Check out the flat torque curve of the supercharger, then the nice steep curve of the turbo heheh. This is why the ST was so insane to drive. It pulled hard to 4200 rpm on the SC then went mental when the turbo spooled up.

[attachment=533]
This shows boost pressure against shaft HP. As you can see I did 4 runs. One at 1.2 bar one at 1.3 bar, one at 1.4 bar then (CHECK OUT THE GRAPH!!) I did a freespool turbo run. Where it suddenly drops is when the ECU hits its fuel cut. The hybrid ht25 hit 1.7 bar of boost (25psi) That is insane, and was still climbing FAST. Look at how the S-HP curve was going. I plan to get the car fueling correctly and to get silly power when its back on the road.

Ed

I would like to point out that these graphs were totally screwed up by the dyno people.

If you want to see what the true values are do this:

Multiply all RPM points by 1.25.
Multiply all torque points by 0.8.

Recalculate BHP points by (TorquexRPM)/5252=BHP. The Bhp values should remain similar but all the other points would now be inline with what it should have been (basically they dynoed my car as having 5 cyls like all the other 5cyls cars on the day. Also, They put my transmission losses at 25% they should have been 15. So multiply BHP by 0.909. To see accurate flywheel figures.

Seems a valid place to put this but this evening i measured a 7.1 0-60 with me and a passenger in the ST. The best the black ST did on the same bit of road was 7.08. (I think?!) anyway. that gives an idea now nice it goes now.

Ed said:
I would like to point out that these graphs were totally screwed up by the dyno people.

I've got an excel spreadsheet of the best run you did I think, with it all corrected. Which I should imagine means you do. Or of course, it might be another time totally, but I know it is from a time when they didn't take account of everything properly.

Back