• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra SR k11

OP
OP
jonnygt
Bit progress from today. Got my 35mm springs fitted with 2 coils off, sits pretty high tbh nowhere near where it sat before but now its safe and gotta say the ride is 100% better! Over the moon with it considering how stupid and dangerous the old 'chopped standard' springs were. Dangerous how small the fronts were!

Heres a couple of pics :)

null-59.jpg

Old spring....very silly!
null-61.jpg

null-60.jpg

OP
OP
jonnygt
Ordered these aswell for my bootlid just as i think they look better than the 'micra' and 'sr'

Got them in anthracite as i think thats the closest colour to oem

Ordered them off a lad on here called Kev?? Procut vinyl :)

null-63.jpg

null-62.jpg

Happy days....

Bit progress from today. Got my 35mm springs fitted with 2 coils off, sits pretty high tbh nowhere near where it sat before but now its safe and gotta say the ride is 100% better! Over the moon with it considering how stupid and dangerous the old 'chopped standard' springs were. Dangerous how small the fronts were!

Heres a couple of pics :)

null-59.jpg

Old spring....very silly!

That was a front one!? :eek: that looks so small it must have just been bouncing around freely/completely uncaptive.

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Ordered these aswell for my bootlid just as i think they look better than the 'micra' and 'sr'

Got them in anthracite as i think thats the closest colour to oem

Ordered them off a lad on here called Kev?? Procut vinyl :)

null-63.jpg

null-62.jpg

Happy days....

I still need me a March one!

OP
OP
jonnygt
Might be breaking this now, but what i do know is im deffo selling the wheels, if anyone is intrested....

Not 100% on breaking yet as wheels need to go either way

Clodo

Club Member
Noooo! You cant break it :eek: it's to nice :(
-
However if you do please may I have first dibs on head light protectors :D
Chloe
X

OP
OP
jonnygt
Yeah but the 35mm are only slightly cut cant tell the difference tbh the standard ones were ridiculous, it was bouncy

With these ones on, it feels standard and not bouncy at all

Yeah just say what you think karl...ill probz break it anyways tbh

Scrap is around £120 for a k11 (I only got £80 for my vibe though:()

I'd love to rescue this but 1, you seem to have made you're mind up and 2, you've not put pictures up of your sills

OP
OP
jonnygt
Its the inner sills thats rotton the outers are not too bad just have a holf in each side, inners are gone tho....ive got 2 brand new sills there aswell :(

I can get some pics tomorrow if you want like...

OP
OP
jonnygt
I think id make more breaking it, even tho i dont want too :(

Id hate it to get scraped i wish someone would save it, just dont have money too atm

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
No not including them. Lol

I want £250 for them :)
Wouldn't offer more than a tenner on scrap value without alloys personally... I'd just buy it off the scrappy after you left it there for not THAT much more... If I wanted it that badly

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Well thats up to you then....im not letting it go with wheels for pennies

Not at all
Thats totally understandable mate, I'd just be a bit more realistic about what you'll get for it is all, if it's worth £300 to you even without the wheels then buy a welder, have a bit of a practice and do the sills yourself :) That's my advice mate, you'll miss it when it's gone, and when you decide you want another for nostalgia you'll struggle like hell...
Keep it is my vote, worst comes to worst it's a source of parts for your other micra :)

OP
OP
jonnygt
Yeah thats what i was thinking tbh, if i sell my wheels i was going to use that money to get sills done then get it painted later and just leave it in primer for now lol or if i sell wheels then a few parts, i was gunna get a basic 1.0 k11 and stick my engine, springs and interior and stuff on. Itll make a good one out of 2 cars, just need wheels to sell first.,.

Wish i could keep them aswell tbh...

D

Deleted member

so you had cut standard springs? but you have brought 35mm springs and cut them aswell? :/ cutting springs is silly regardless of what springs you cut lol.

i agree big time few stupid people in ireland do it to mate
foolso_O

OP
OP
jonnygt
Its only primer your right lol

Yeah you could buy em, but yours is facelift, there a different fit?

Still buy em if you want tho...

Ah crap. Honestly feel like a tool now. Didn't think... Even though I look at prefacelifts everyday and ponder whether or not I should do a re-face(if that makes sense) on mine. Would cost too must for just purely aesthetic purposes.

OP
OP
jonnygt
Well the wings i bought, as mine wer rusted....these are mint condition, rust free

Bonnet and front bumper, fogs and headlights are all tip top abd as they should be...

D

Deleted member

I ment the engine bay sprayed everywere black and the front chassi arms sprayed black to that's all man..