micra specs

O

omigulay

wat is the spec of the ma12 motor? how heavy does it weigh? how can u modifiy the carb? can u add efi? how much does the car weigh? do they make turbo kits for these cars?finally, how much hp and the tranny withstand?*slim*

sorry..so much questions

DoomPixie

Ex. Club Member
Hi there,
Straight out of the Haynes manual about the MA12.

bore - 71mm
stroke - 78mm
capacity - 1235cc
compression ratio - 9:1
power output 60Bhp @6Krpm

Not sure what you mean about modifying the carb but it is possible to rejet the carb if thats what you mean?

I dont see any reason why you cant add EFI, it would however mean haveing a new inlet manifold made up and adding some sensors and you would need to use some kind of programmable ECU, i did look into the possibility of useing a modified honda pgmfi to do just this, would work out quite expencive when you take into accout rollign road time to set it up , etc. in my oppinion it is the way to go if you plan a turbo conversion though.

i dont know if they make turbo kits in japan or somewhere but in the UK there are pretty much NO aftermarket parts available for the K10 micra's. and it is also worth noteing that the MA12 engines arent known for their strong head gaskets in N/A form so turboeing one without the use of a copper head gasket, which would have to be specially made and would be quite expencive again, would not be reccomended by me.

Not sure about how much the transmition can stand but my mates car that i tuned was when it got on the dyno giving out about 76Bhp as far as my memory goes, this was from a N/A Ma10. so there is atleast slight room for tuneing without haveing to worry too much about the gearbox. his car is still running perfectly a few months after the tuneing was finished.

car weight depends on model / how many doors, etc.

hope this helps,
Owen

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Gearbox would be fine for around 110 very roughly ish bhp. ITs the torque that will kill it. I would replace bearings and seals as a matter of course before you break it. Then just treat it with care. Its the clutches that cannot take the power, they simply dont have the strength. So the options are to get stronger springs put in them that will kind of solve that! It get a custom headgasket made will be around £150 for the first one. If you go turbo I would gofor the turbo carb route. say from a R5gtt. Much simplier and cheaper.

Ed

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Where wud modify the manifold for it or are there any turbo manifolds that bolt on to the MA10? It wud want to be cheaper than buying a figaro for €8k, swaping the engines, getting it changed to manual, then trying to sell a manual fig with a standard MA10!

OP
OP
O

omigulay

$8k?! thats kinda expensive. i ono... also Ed, you say you have a custom head gasket for $150? this is interesting..i was thinking about an engine swap, but nissan doesnt make any "good" engines under 1600cc..all i no that toyota and honda does :(

Doompixie: how do you rejet your carb?

____
matt

DoomPixie

Ex. Club Member
you don't. you take it to the friendly professional at the rolling road ;-) no point in doing that unless you ATLEAST have your exhaust and air filter done though :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
What the Nissan CG13DE is a super super super engine under 1600cc if you want to get a more moden one!! When i refer to manifold I mean inlet manfold you will then need to get weber carbs equilivent.

Ed

OP
OP
O

omigulay

is the CG13DE in the new k12 micra? they make carb intake manifold for it?!
so they make turbo kit for it too rite? thats wat i heard

-matt

B

BlueNeon

RE: RE: micra specs

DoomPixie said:
my mates car that i tuned was when it got on the dyno giving out about 76Bhp as far as my memory goes, this was from a N/A Ma10.

Hi Owen,

can u tell me what u did to the ma10 to push this amount of hp? im in the planning stages of my own micra project and welcome ANY ideas to squeeze out the horses!

thanks in advanve

Terry