Micra Speaker Info

Hugh

K11

Front 16.5-17cm (6.5") Max Mounting depth is 54mm without spacers.

If anyone wants to add further info such as K10 and K12 that would be great and I'll edit the info for everyone.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
K10

To fit behind the door cards, into the metal = 4" or 10cm speakers

"LS" or low spec door cards have a template on the back of them, so you can cut out and put 13cm - 17cm or 5" - 6.5" speakers

Super s and gsx door cards have a square grill, would recommend putting the speakers behind the grill using 4", but you can modify them to fit bigger

Mounting depth is around 45-50mm if using the metal (behind the door card) otherwise the window will hit when its wound down!

If using the LS door cards or modifying others then its a few more mm, about 4-5mm extra

Curtis :)

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
When I fitted my bigger speakers in the doors (K10), I used Kenwood ones! They fitted with the bigger "template" that Curtis is talking about above.

However, the grilles on the speakers were pretty deep, and got very close to boshing on the corner of the dash when I closed the door!

Just thought it might be worth mentioning in case anyone buys speakers with huge grilles! :)

When I fitted my bigger speakers in the doors (K10), I used Kenwood ones! They fitted with the bigger "template" that Curtis is talking about above.

However, the grilles on the speakers were pretty deep, and got very close to boshing on the corner of the dash when I closed the door!

Just thought it might be worth mentioning in case anyone buys speakers with huge grilles! :)

in my k10 i had the same problem with my fli door speakers so i took the covers off and all is good :p

rammy.1

Ex. Club Member
K11

Front 16.5-17cm (6.5") Mounting depth is 54mm without spacers.

If anyone wants to add further info such as K10 and K12 that would be great and I'll edit the info for everyone.

Whats the maximum mounting depth with spacers, to fit in the original door card without any modifications.

Cheers

A great easy upgrade for the front speakers of a K11 are Vibe Slicks - They're shallow enough to not touch the glass windows when they are down fully and sound a million times better. I picked up a set off Ebay for £20 odd. Worth the upgrade