micra revving to 13,800??

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
Lol it's not really but theres something relly messing about.

I bought a rev counter a few days ago and it seems to rev all the way to 10000, i resodlered all connections etc hoping to fix it but no. So i plug the emanage in and datalog and i read 13,8000 and i am like no no possible lol. So i then plug in the launch x432 (diagnostic machine) and finally 6,888 reading.

What could it be? I am gonna lay a new wire from the distributor and see if its the wire causing the problem.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Does it have a cylinder number selector on the back?
You seem to be getting double the actual revs, so maybe it is in the incorrect position?

OP
OP
jabran200

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
it does and i have tried the correct option as well as the 3 air cylinder,6 air cylinder and 8 air cylinder lol. I am assuming mines is a 4 air cylinder unless 4 air cylinder i not the same as 4 cylinders lol.

All the options give the same result.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
sounds like you used a wiring diagram that was wrong, not the Australian one by any chance?

OP
OP
jabran200

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
nope i checked that diagram and it didn't seen right as things were in different places so i went about working my own one out (using autodata and testing signals). The emanage functions fine but i took the rev signal from the distributor and that is the the only one thats causing problems, My car is a 1.0 so there is no tachometer signal from the ecu but i am gonna look again.
when i had a rev meter on the other micra it worked finr from the same source.

Jabran.

zanes

Ex. Club Member
Is the rev reading increasing in time with engine speed (ie, displaying engine speed, multiplied by ~2?)

OP
OP
jabran200

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
what do you mean zanes?

Like say i am doing 30mph the reading si 30x2=60 i,e 6000? But if am in fourth gear it will be around 2000rpm. If i rev on standstill it will go to max on the gauge.

Here is the datalog as well but its zipped so whoever has an emanage will be able to see (most likelly only Ed lol).

This is doing hy head in.

Jabran.

Attachments

• datalog.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 210

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Use the ignition output from the ecu if you get that stuck. Thats the same signal pretty much as the tacho. You NEVER need to wire into the distributor on the K11s, yet so many do it.

BTW, your datalog appears to be getting noise, hence the high rpms.

OP
OP
jabran200

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
I was hesitant to put it on the distributor but i didnt know any other place to take it from.

Is this it Ed?

jjj.jpg

Thanks for the help.

I am replying to this old post because it helps me tooooo!!!! Yayy!!!!!!

I thought i was pin number 2 and not number 1 as highlighted in the diagram above. Which one do i use for a 1996 nissan micra sr?

Someone to confirm this please, which is the tachometer?

Alexx117

STI
Club Member

I thought i was pin number 2 and not number 1 as highlighted in the diagram above. Which one do i use for a 1996 nissan micra sr?

will be the same

Dewgel

Buy & Sell Member

You should have a tacho in an SR already though?

jabran, whats pin number 3 say? (the blue dizzy wire goes into pin number 3)

also, where can i get that auto data you have:D it would be soo useful as i still havent finnished the loom for my standalone.