Micra Rally Car - Noddy II

Sparcoxs

Buy & Sell Member
So finally got round to starting my new rally car tonight. Didn't do much as you can see but it's a start.Didn't spend much time on it tonight.

Target is Wyedean next year so I've given myself plenty of time to get it ready.

Couple of pics just to get started then. Will try and take pics as I go along and keep you all up to date.

18052010079.jpg

28062010117.jpg

28062010119.jpg

Cheers,
Rob

cant lie mate it isnt looking great lol but its a start and i suppose its a good thing it isnt looking good because that means its stripped and getting ready lol keep us up todate mate its good to read peoples upgrades(Y)(Y)

Little bit more progress for you.Interior is completly stripped now apart from the foot pedals which will soon be out. Engine and gearbox are out and the complete loom is also out. Just a few little bits to take off under the bonnet and then the inside can be started e.g fit roll cage, seat rails and then paint inside.

I'm hoping to use the car in 1.4L as I have a gearbox with a 5:1 CWP and looking to buy an ATB diff as well.I have competed in RF 1.4 in a red Nissan Sunny though.

As for Mr Burtons motor.Your not a true rally fan or competitor if you don't know that car.I absolutely love the car.Stunning piece of engineering!

29062010124.jpg

29062010125.jpg

01072010130.jpg

30062010128.jpg

01072010131.jpg

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob, Good luck with the build, you are making great progress already, as you have the car in that state, dont forget to remove all the sound proofing off the floor and if you can take the bars out of the doors.

Moving along quickly! What cage are you fitting? be wary of the omp cage with the uncertainty of there eligibility at the moment :suspect:

I have started chipping the back passenger footwell of the sound proofing already.Pain in the ass job really.Not one of my favourties to be honest. :laugh: What bars are you on about Chris? Help and advice always appreciated (Y)

I've got a Safety Devices cage so will be fine. I've always been a bit wiery of the OMP cages after I had one in my old 205. They don't seem to be very accurate really and had to use the porter power a little to get it to sit in the right place. Was wierd. Ye coming along nicely. Just take the pedals and stuff out of the car now and chip the rest of the sound proofing off the floor Monday after work and then weld plates in for the cage and get it sitting nicely and weld seat rails in. The paint inside hopefully unless someone has any reccomendations of anything else I could do before painting inside (Y)

Back