Blog: Micra Rally Car build

sweet. i reckon your not going to be far off 110bhp and probs about 135bhp with the carbs.

I hope so, I will post the rolling road tests up here once its ready to go. I am also going to take the red micra to be rolling road too just so that I know what its putting out. I know the owner of a rolling road and he's doing me a deal. And what with the Dogbox and lsd, it should be rapid!
We have done so much weight saving too, we used WRC Potassium bicromate nylock nuts and bolts, carbon everything and cut so much out to save weight!

If the carbs make that much of a difference my mate who made them will do them for anyone on here and set them for the same price I paid!

I've just got myself a Nissan March!!!! Details and photos soon, hope to get it back to mine in the next week or so, its a 1litre 3dr i-z March in white, does any one know what the i-z is for?

Here is a photo of the March that I have, Ant if you are interested in the rear boot let me know!

I hope to have it on the road soon!

micra.jpg

Here are two more photos of the March i-z I have just got. I hope to have it on the road soon as my daily driver, looking to strip it out and make it as light as I can and maybe do a LPG on it, need to speak to Frank about that!

micrafront-3.jpg

micraside.jpg

I hope to be out in April in the blue rally car, its first event since I got it, maybe with the bike carbs on it too! I might even be doing the same event as Abby in P5NME so would be interesting to go head to head with him!

The Red micra is now SORN, so I plan to do a bit of work in it tidying it up! photos to come on that one.

But I do plan to have them both rolling road soon too!

Are you stripping out the interior?
I'm in desperate need of the bracket the rear seats clip onto to hold them upright!
Possibly the plastic that surrounds that clip and supports the rear parcel shelf too.

Could i have them if you dont need them pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase?

Are you stripping out the interior?
I'm in desperate need of the bracket the rear seats clip onto to hold them upright!
Possibly the plastic that surrounds that clip and supports the rear parcel shelf too.

Could i have them if you dont need them pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase?

Sure not a problem. is it a bracket for both sides?

Yeah both sides, the U-shaped brackets that the seats click onto to hold them upright, I can get a picture of the bit i mean if your not sure?

Yeah both sides, the U-shaped brackets that the seats click onto to hold them upright, I can get a picture of the bit i mean if your not sure?

A picture is always good.

The March also has the plastic (not glass) head lights and the plastic rocker cover!

Does anyone know if its the same power as a uk 1 litre?

I'll get them ASAP for you mate. Could i get the plastics too, the bit that supports the parcel shelf on each side?

I hope so, I will post the rolling road tests up here once its ready to go. I am also going to take the red micra to be rolling road too just so that I know what its putting out. I know the owner of a rolling road and he's doing me a deal. And what with the Dogbox and lsd, it should be rapid!
We have done so much weight saving too, we used WRC Potassium bicromate nylock nuts and bolts, carbon everything and cut so much out to save weight!

If the carbs make that much of a difference my mate who made them will do them for anyone on here and set them for the same price I paid!

Don't often see higher compression K11 engines on the dyno, will be interesting to see what the gains are :)

With the lsd and dog box, it will certainly be interesting. I will keep my eye out on this thread, as I'm in the process of fabricating an inlet manifold for throttlebodies and will hopefully be getting some mapping done in a few months, (all be it on a stock compression CG13DE on 773's for now, as I want to run the car over the summer and actually enjoy it before switching to a better spec'd engine!) ;)

Don't often see higher compression K11 engines on the dyno, will be interesting to see what the gains are :)

With the lsd and dog box, it will certainly be interesting. I will keep my eye out on this thread, as I'm in the process of fabricating an inlet manifold for throttlebodies and will hopefully be getting some mapping done in a few months, (all be it on a stock compression CG13DE on 773's for now, as I want to run the car over the summer and actually enjoy it before switching to a better spec'd engine!) ;)

Hi mate,
I am planning to do a number of dyno runs, one as is with stock ECU, one with Pectel ecu, then one with Carbs with stock ECU and then the Pectel ECU with the Carbs.
I know the owner of a local rolling road who is doing me a deal.:grinning:
Why are frabricating one? my mate sells them and sets them up; see the thread below, he has spent loads on R&D getting them correct!
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=26611

Mattjo I can't wait, its just passed its MOT!!!!! so good to go.
Its not S1000 yet but all I need to do is swap the crank over all the other mods are ok!

This is what i need, for both sides!

The plastic parcel shelf support (circled in blue) and the seat brackets, (circled red):

bracket.jpg

This is what i need, for both sides!

The plastic parcel shelf support (circled in blue) and the seat brackets, (circled red):

No problem, are they different in March to a UK spec Micra? I should have the car Tuesday so is next week ok?

I'm not sure! Lol, but I have march seats fitted and they won't lock upright. I have march hinges, so that's the only thing i can think of it being!

Either the brackets longer, or the plastic covers less of it. At least, that's what I'm hoping!

Just as soon as you can mate would be great, how much do you want for them?

I'm not sure! Lol, but I have march seats fitted and they won't lock upright. I have march hinges, so that's the only thing i can think of it being!

Either the brackets longer, or the plastic covers less of it. At least, that's what I'm hoping!

Just as soon as you can mate would be great, how much do you want for them?

Robert I will message you when I get the car next week.

Epic thread!(Y)

Cheers mate, hope to have more photos and video on here soon!

Here are two more photos of the March i-z I have just got. I hope to have it on the road soon as my daily driver, looking to strip it out and make it as light as I can and maybe do a LPG on it, need to speak to Frank about that!

micrafront-3.jpg

micraside.jpg

I had agood look round the car last night when I was taking off some bits for Robert, the car has plastic headlights, it has air con, it has power steering, the front window washer bottle is in the engine bay not under the bumper, i'm really please with it! hope to get it started tonight!

Yep I drove a k10 for a year mate, and marches deffo brake better than it even when it had brand new brakes all round.

think its because there lighter...i think i read somehwere that march cabs are lighter than normal k11's. so that might have somthing to do with it.

nope they are much, much heavier! Ask niki and nex, they both agree that they are only about as quick as a 1.0 k11 because of all the weight. I have seen it with the interior out and and it has loads of extra reinforcements etc.

normal marches will be lighter than a micra though as all the trim is made from thinner plastic.

they dont seem to be as strong as uk micras ie when your washing the car by hand the panels start kinking inwards and when you close the door it feels like the roof is about to cave in lol

hey

hey sweet micra love the paint job, also ant do i need to send you myy rocker cover or does the price include new cover? i love the crinkle paint job especially the yellow,

the wrinkle paint finish is £27. all you need to do is send me a spare cover (you can get one from a scrap yard) and i will clean it up, paint it and send it back again in 4 days. this way you can still use your car to drive about and you will have a spare for when winter driving (something thats ruined my rocker cover with all the salt)

PM me with your requirements and we can sort something out..

hey sweet micra love the paint job, also ant do i need to send you myy rocker cover or does the price include new cover? i love the crinkle paint job especially the yellow,

Cheers mate, I have started a thread on what I should do with it now with regards to rally graphics! see here;
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=29206

Ive emailed Ant to get in touch with you about the rocker cover, he did a fantastic job on it, I would tell everyone to use him! (Y) I posted him my rocker cover and he sent me it back.

Have you posted my bits then mate?

Also, i still have one of the march rear lights you sent me by accident, wanna buy it back as a spare? Can't remember which side it is..

Have you posted my bits then mate?

Also, i still have one of the march rear lights you sent me by accident, wanna buy it back as a spare? Can't remember which side it is..

Hi Mate,

Posted them today, I forgot about the march lights, no its ok this car has lights, but some members have asked me for a set if you want to advertise them?(Y)

I plan to pick up my blue car tonight and get it rolling road this week, with the carbs fitted by the weekend, the rolling road again next week!

Also I have picked up a 3dr L reg 1.3 LX 60k on the clock in gold tax'd and tested, with a total mad mod on it! more picture to follow but I think this has to be the best mod ever! Who can guess what it is? I'll get a photo of it on tomorrow and hope to video the blue one tonight!

A vinyl roof? tomorrow has come and gone :grinning:

Sorry yes tomorrow has come and gone! :laugh: I havent managed to get a photo of it, Ill get one up tonight! But no its not a vinyl roof.

I have been busy getting my blue car on the rollers! here is the result using a standard ECU with a 6700 rev limit, the pectel needs mapping and wont run the car, so it needs mapping!!!!

This is the power run as the car is now, I'm pleased, next step is the ECU map, then the bike carbs with another map.(Y)

So Ants guess of 110 bhp is close, I think with the right mapping it will be more 115bhp and then with the carbs 140bhp.

powerrun.jpg

I will be putting a video of the run up soon!!!

What's that like to drive? Definately looks like it could do with raising that rev limit!

Craig

NOOO! You went to SCA! *cough* Major Rip Off*cough*

Any who...awesome results!

Was good meeting you the other night too! The blue/white K11 looks awesome!

So Ants guess of 110 bhp is close, I think with the right mapping it will be more 115bhp and then with the carbs 140bhp.

only said 110 cos its about the same spec as most of matt's stage rally cars. and theyre all between 110-120 bhp.

good guess though.. and good graph too.

Back