micra rally build 2013

Nice to see another juniour :) I'm in the Silverstone championship, probally seen you around... Can't get your FB link to work though, anyone else?

just a little update on the build -

got under the bonnet painted
also cleaned up the sills due to old underseal and painted white
brought some vynal wrap and wrapped the roof and with the off cuts made x2 door squares !

car is almost complete just needs suspension/corner weights set ect ect and hopefully have a event planned to compete on in 3 weeks :D

( CLICK FB LINK ON FIRST POST FOR PICS )

UPDATE !!

I was competing on the Alan Healey memorial rally, I was running a 1275cc bog standard as I got the engine the weekend before the rally,
I was seeded at car 71 and started last 1400 as that was the class I was competing in. I was up against pugs 1.3 with 100+bhp. the day went very well in fact so well I won the 1400 class with a lead of 3mins and 25seconds :) now to give it a spanner check and get my entry in for the next event :)!!!!!!

well things are looking up for the micra :)

went to raf barkston heath yesterday to do the bickerton skoda hallamshire stages, I was in class 1 which is for 1400 started the day battling between an alfa with around 130+bhp so could only take time out of him on technical sections.
so during the day I pushed the little 1275 as hard as possible catching proton sataria gti`s , novas 1.6`s and even got past a Subaru impreza which was brilliant :)
half way through the day I was winning class 1 (1400cc) with a 11second lead and had 4 stages left, stages 4-8 went even better getting a clear stage so wasn't having to back off due to catching others although did have a chase with a mk2 for half a stage was very fun :) !!!!
ended the day winning the 1400 group with just under a minute lead and was ever so close to finishing in the top 20 !!! (started 48th out of 60ish )

Back