Micra P1 Service?

shaiboy_uk

Buy & Sell Member
Hi all,

My partners Nissan Micra 03 Plate, is due a P1 service at 45k, which is like in 200 miles :glare:

It says in the book that its a P1 service, but doesn't state what's involved! Is it just a Oil Change and a check over? or is more involved?

Also if its just a oil change, can we take it to Kwik Fit and get them to do it, then get them to stamp the book? Or would it be better to get a nissan dealer to do it? Parks Nissan here, charge £49 for a silver service which covers oil change.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

Hi,

Well had the partners car in the Parks Group Nissan garage yesterday.
The P1 services is a manufacture lower service, which changes oil and does a high number of manufacture checks, however at the cost of £150!

As the car is 5 years old, and now out of any warranty, the service manager said we didn't need to put it through a P1 service. So went through a standard silver service at a cost of £49.95, involving a oil change and 22 point check.

Just so people know.

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

the P1 is the 1st dealership check... usually done one year or so (10,000+miles) after when the cars have left the forecourt. why have you taken your car back to the dealership after 5 years? given that you're outside the 3year original warranty, you should just get your car MOT'd in a local garage.
laterz
H

oh. i've just reread your post. sorry dude! the dealers clean part of the engine :)

the P1 is the 1st dealership check... usually done one year or so (10,000+miles) after when the cars have left the forecourt. why have you taken your car back to the dealership after 5 years? given that you're outside the 3year original warranty, you should just get your car MOT'd in a local garage.
laterz
H

oh. i've just reread your post. sorry dude! the dealers clean part of the engine :)

Thanks for your reply.

The book states a P1 service at 45k, so thats why we were going to get it done, and was asking.

The car wasn't due a MOT, just the service and check.
I could have done the oil change myself, but as its my partners car thought it was best and to get the book stamped from Nissan too.

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

My 2006 1.6 is due for its P2 at 24k, even on a P2 they dont do much apart from oil and filter change, anything else is only visual check, which cost around £195 at Nissan. On the other hand I can get a full level 3 service at KwikFit for £124 where they do what Nissan would do for their P3 (£300) And I would still have my manufacturers warranty covered. So would go with KwikFit.

My 2006 1.6 is due for its P2 at 24k, even on a P2 they dont do much apart from oil and filter change, anything else is only visual check, which cost around £195 at Nissan. On the other hand I can get a full level 3 service at KwikFit for £124 where they do what Nissan would do for their P3 (£300) And I would still have my manufacturers warranty covered. So would go with KwikFit.

Really, didn't know that, does that mean they will stamp your book too?? where did you get this info?? just curious so I know when it comes to my P2 which I'm dread lol

every where should stamp ya book mate it dosent have to be where you bought it just a reputable garage near you that has a lot of cars waiting to get in lol

Back