Micra or March

Hi there

I was wondering what is the difference between a nissan micra 1993 model and a nissan march model 1993 - do they have the same engines, are they the same car?

any information would be helpful

simon

They are indeed the same car.

Nissan Micra was the name that was given to the european version.

Nissan March was what it was named in the motherland (Japan)

Theres subtle differences betweent the two but if the March is in good condition, then choose that one. It could have some tidy extras.

Hi Scott

My friend had a nissan march 1993 import.......he thinks it is not a micra, he thinks it is a completely different car......he refuses to admit it is a micra - is he correct?

thanks simon

Hi Scott

My friend had a nissan march 1993 import.......he thinks it is not a micra, he thinks it is a completely different car......he refuses to admit it is a micra - is he correct?

thanks simon

He is wrong :grinning:

There will be little exterior styling differences such as rear lights, spoilers etc that will make them look different but they are still a K11 Nissan, so they have the same chassis and same engines. 1.0 and 1.3.

No, your friend is indeed wrong. Underneath, they are exactly the same car.

Some details are slightly different though, the most obvious of these being the numberplate lights/boot handles - on European Micras, it's essentially just a straight piece of black or colour coded plastic, running above the entire length of the numberplate, which left the right amount of space for a wide standard European numberplate. On the March however, they were on either side of the numberplate - similar to a K10 Micra, which left space for the standard square Japanese numberplate.

I there are also a few differences in the interior and on the headlights/brakelights, and sometimes the bodywork, just so you could differentiate it from a European Micra.

Hello everyone, I am the "friend" in question. I use the word friend loosely, Simon has made several passes at me all of which I have refused. He has stalkerish tendencies also. :grinning:

OK, our arguement is this. Simon said that I owned a Nissan Micra. In actual fact I owned a 1993 March 1.0 16v. It was a decent little car. However, for the purposes of the arguement I will not concede that I owned a Micra, as I didn't. It was a March. I am aware of the mechanics of the K11 and so on, but my car was a March, NOT a Micra.

Suck it up Simon!

Ok fair point if it says march on the logbook then yes it's a march but regardless people will look at it and call it a micra after all it's just a name

the nissan micra and nissan march may look the same to the untrained eye, they are actually very different, right down to different thickness in the carpets and different plastic molds, to different engine parts etc, i own both a micra and a march and i can tell you there are lots of differences, my towbar won't fit on the march but will on the micra, the track rod ends from a micra wont fit on the march,

and lets not forget that the insurance are very confident that the march is a different car.

the marches are better, they are lighter and often came with extras that the micras didn't

but most people out there will have no idea there is any difference

so that double decker bus that took me to work this morning that had PG Tips on the back, was that a volvo bus or a box of PG tips??? hahaha

the "march" badge that the factory fitted ffs :p
like the peugeot 107 or toyota aygo badge, or fiesta/mazda (same car but different name)

This whole thread is a pure fail
5e0fb11f-4bd2-2c22.jpg

5e0fb11f-4bed-b5e9.jpg

the "march" badge that the factory fitted ffs :p
like the peugeot 107 or toyota aygo badge, or fiesta/mazda (same car but different name)

haha i know was only messing with you lol,

you only have to look at front brakes to know there a different car :)

:grinning:
wake this one up
my personal thought , SR's are more rare
the one sulurs got is the top up!
:grinning:

i own both a micra and a march and i can tell you there are lots of differences, my towbar won't fit on the march but will on the micra, the track rod ends from a micra wont fit on the march,

Hi NeX. I wonder if you can help. I have a '95 March K11 and the indicator switch is not working. At least it's working but has been repaired by me so many times that it's hanging on by a thread. I need to replace it. I see them available online (part ref. Niles 14509) but these all have the indicator switch on the left hand side of the steering wheel, from what I can see, whilst the indicator switch on my March is on the right. With your Micra and March, can you confirm is that right way? Has mine been altered at some point? Any thoughts welcome.

Hi can anyone help me I have a 1.0 k11 micra coil pack engine can I swap it with a 1.3 as easy as evaryone says it is or would the coil pack thing be a problem

Back