Micra on 17’s --- With pictures !!!

F

fatjapp

Micra on 17’s --- With pictures !!!

Here it is, one last mod before I sell the car.

Pictures are about 70kb, Sorry dial up users …..

You will have to tell me if the images don't work because they are on a public server.

OP
OP
F

fatjapp

Arr thanks you guys..... I personally like the last shot of the car leaning over with 13' on one side and 17's on the other.

OP
OP
F

fatjapp

No I don't think the front wheels will actually trun with the 17's on, and the back wheels will file a new wheel arch for me.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
so the point in the whole thing is?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?

Heres a pic of my micra with a skyline engine in it, its doesnt actualy run but.......

OP
OP
F

fatjapp

Because i'm the car is going to the auctions tonight, and I wanted to get one last mod in...

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Neil, what the guy is saying is he did it just for a laugh to see what it looked like before he got rid of the car. It is highly amusing thats for sure, I have wondered what a K10 would look like with them on I have to admit :)

Ed

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Well its not a mod in that case then is it!

Attachments

• Wayne low riding.jpg
    Wayne low riding.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 266
OP
OP
F

fatjapp

I drove the car through a hedge to see what would happen the other week. But I don’t think that counts as a mod.

tommo

Ex. Club Member
big shout to fatjapp for the balls and effort to do that for a laugh i say lol

neil - cheer up sunshine, it was obvious he did it for a laugh.....

OP
OP
F

fatjapp

Ok

If I had sold the car with out trying it, I would have probably regretted it. I have the wheels sitting in my shed waiting for a use. I remember a lot of people asking whether 17’ would fit. Now you know NO ………..

If you want to find something out the best way is to try it and see what happens.
Can we leave it there and carry on laughing at the pictures…..

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
:laugh: fantastic, does look a tad silly. I've got a set of 17"s from my mates civic sat in my garage, i might try this 'mod' too :D

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Lol, thats insane matey!!! Looks to be far to much wheel and not enough car but nice one for trying it hehe. Might look better with wide arches and sat on its ass but it just looks wrong like that hehe. Mae me chuckle though. :DD

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
:O
just sat there eh :| hmm can i play with them please :D

i can ride with 17" and ive tried :p

not a very sensible thing to do though. but i managed it
some dubiousl scrapping when turnign corners like :p
but the backs were fine.
which suprsied me as i thought it would be the back i had issues with
but it isnt it was the inner front to the rear of the wheel it was catching on the inside. but then my arches are also flared and wide arches on :D

was contemplating using 17" for shows etc :D

but yeah not good for riding on :p

OP
OP
F

fatjapp

Yea I had the wheels on the Vauxhall, but I hit a pot hole and the front wheel sort of caved in on its self. So I only have the three wheels and they are too good to throw out, and who would buy three on e-bay ??

Mark

Ex. Club Member
my micra is on 16's, angle grinded the arch lips off the rear and fitted big bump stops. doesnt scrape at all.

9c9a6abe.jpg

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Haha, fair play! Yeah, wud b a good idea for shows and dat!
Nice motor Mark, u hav it lookin nice! wots it like to drive wit 16's? Must b no power!

Mark

Ex. Club Member
thanks, its back from the dead with thanks from slim everytime!

nah the 16s aint for shows i drive round everyday with 16's on it. the performance has only slightly been effected and it is slightly slower, still goes off the clock! i've got more plans for the micra so its only gonna get better

tommo

Ex. Club Member
aha bloke, bought the 16s off tom then....

cant get thru 2 ur fone, and me msn wont work, so im guessin ur fone been cut off

giz a shout fella, ill come up longford one night gotta see these 16s cos i aint seen yer about

Mark

Ex. Club Member
changed from 16's now to some very nice 15's, anyone know how to slightly raise the rear as i dont like the way the back is slightly lower than the front, i would cut the front springs slightly but i dont wanna angle grind the lips off the front too! i'd rather have the back slightly higher. any ideas?

5f3b6dcb.jpg