Micra/March - differences?

I recently picked up a stock M registered Nissan March 1.3.
I am new to these cars, but impressed with the performance and handling.

When using the car yesterday it developed symptoms which sound like the usual throttle body/AFM fault, ie intermittent hesitation and power loss.
That's how I came across this great site - researching common faults. Looks like I'll be doing some soldering soon...

My question is this: can anyone tell me the differences between UK built Micra's and imported March's? (Apart from the higher spec.) They look the same, but I'll bet there are some tricky things I should know about. Wiring, floorpan, exhaust, brakes, ECU etc.
I read somewhere else that the imported engine is a little more powerful, can anyone confirm this?
I have also figured out that the speedo reads in miles but the odometer is in KM. So the 121000 miles is more like 75000 ish. Bonus!

Many thanks in advance.

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
March has plastic rocker cover and plastic headlights.

I believe the March also only has 1 cat not 2.

March has a different tailgate also, likely to be a different ECY aswekk,

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
As I found out yesterday, the exhaust systems are different.

With Marchs it's:

mani > 1st cat > downpipe *flange* 2nd cat > 1st silencer > backbox

With Micras it's:

mani > first cat > downpipe *flange* 2nd Cat *flange* 1st silence *flange* backbox.

Might turn out to be a pain if you need a new exhaust as I do, and I now need to source a decat pipe :glare:

micras69

Deactivated Account
March has plastic rocker cover and plastic headlights.

I believe the March also only has 1 cat not 2.

March has a different tailgate also, likely to be a different ECY aswekk,

woa! theres 3 in my local brakers, guna get ma sell 3 platic rocker covers and 3 sets of lights and 2 boot lids (blake got the 3rd)

micras69

Deactivated Account
mine is tooo lol and the engine is on stegs (turbo) lol :blush:

yea i'll get you one shure, see how much they are for you tomorrow(Y)

micras69

Deactivated Account
right been to the yard today and them march's have been crused :down: but.......they still got all 4 engines :grinning: and there FUc*inG clean!!!!!! and only 16k on them.
anyone want one????

stani: as there on the engine's he isnt going to let me take them off so i gess you could buy the 16k engine with it alredy on for the 1.3t as thats what im doing

micras69

Deactivated Account
there all 1.3's and he is wanting £175 for the march engines, but there are many more cg engines with just as low milage and just as clean, also there are 4 sr20's there :D

That'll be why its had new sills, and a couple of patches, and has rust bubbles on wheelarches and bonnet then.
Still, great little car.