Micra man's car bodywork and general update 2...

Sorry for the delayed reply. Well I've had a good months break from it now I think. Its still sat in the back garden not doing much, and still looking the same. I still can't help but seeing the potential in it when I see it though. :) Since I have had the break from it it has helped me to stop worrying so much about it, and I've decided that I'm gunna put my money into saving for a new car, probably a Yaris T Sport I think. :)

However, the beast will still be staying and I'm gunna do all of the work on it myself. I know how to do everything through reading, watching programs, and doing stuff myself, I just need the practise and this should give me the opportuniy to get it. Since I have a little bit more money now, I will only be paying for materials so it won't be too bad.

Sorry to Kev for messing you around with Barwell, I simply don't want to and can't justify spending that much more money on it again, so that is why I have chose to do it myself. At the end of the day, it now no longer matters how long it takes, whether I have to do stuff again or whatever as I have another run around for now, which is doing its job again, so I can spend alot of time getting it right, and less money by doing it myself. The rear lights will have to come out and be redone again, I may not go for brava ones again, but who knows. The rear lights, and the bonnet extension are going to be the hardest parts, the rest is just a case of sanding and shaping, so I'm gunna buy a few air tools over the time to help me out. With me starting a full time job, progress will not be quick, but I hope that all of you will keep on supporting me, as it really helps to push me to get it done. I'm working off my own bat now, so there's only me to blame if something goes wrong, and at least it aint gunna cost me too much.

Watch this space... and keep watching it til it hopefully gets done for sometime in the future. :D Cheers guys and girls. ;)

Good lad, shame for it to get dumped after all it's been thru.

Just a quickie tho, did u ever get any money back, even from compensation or somethin!!?

Lol cheers hun. :) Hopefully just gunna get something back and then just put all of that behind me and move forward to get it all finished, or somewhere near over time lol. Having the time away from it has helped to sort me out and get my priorities right, and I will come back to it happier about working on it. Lots to do though!!! :|

have to admire your admiration but sticking by my original comment of scrap it and keep the money, especially now your doing the work so wont be near the standard of barwell, i say scrap it and put the damn thing behind you...live and learn

Got custom D&M ones on the rear mate. :) And XR2 on the front. I'm now stripping this car, so the arches are for sale if you want them?? :) See my other thread in buy and sell.

Well I started stripping it today. Got the exhaust off, manifold off, K&N, strut brace started to get springs off too. Will be sad to see it go as I had some good times in that car, even considering the amount of trouble and expenditure it has caused me. :(

OMG ! After all this money, time and effort spent, you're giving up and stripping the car ?

What happened to the "I'll do it all myself" thought ?

So uk's most modified micra will still be... kev's old car ? At least he finished the job...

No offence mate, but I think you will regret this later.

Just look at it ! :k10: :k10: You gotta love it ! :p

Have a look here and let me know your opinion please. Just a recent thought. :)

It was hardly my fault that I couldn't finish it. I don't have the time, money or experience to do all of the light fabrication work myself. However, this is my idea from this morning. Let me know what you think...

Back