Micra man's car bodywork and general update 2...

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Nope haven't seen it for about 2 months so don't know what its like. I'm working on trying to get to see it but I'm about ready to give up on it to be honest. :s

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Well looks like this has all gone totally tits up now. As much as I would love to scrap it and just forget about it, I don't think I could. I think I will be getting it back soon, and it may just be a little project for myself in my spare time. I know the basics of bodywork and it can't really be any worse than what it is now. I've been totally messed about yet again, only thing is this time though, I will get my revenge. ;)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Dan, just get to it to Melton and Barwell, all this would have been sorted months, years ago lol!!

Kev

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Its still gunna cost me a fortune though and there's just so much that needs to be sorted. Looking back on it I should have just took it there originally, but it was quite far away and I trusted these people to sort it out, which they haven't!!! gr Its gunna need the same amount of money again which I just don't wana part with, it aint driveable at the mo, and its just all gay. :(

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
keep the bodykit and interior and engine parts( manifold etc) and get rid of the car, find a clean shell and put the bodykit and interior in it, make it a simple respray job and done. then you can a have a car on the road again

or sell it how it is and cut your losses

danni

Ex. Club Member
think people saying scrap it should just pipe down in all honesty.. its easy 2 say that when it aint u been thru all dan has with this car,.. hes said his self he cant bring himself 2 scrap it atm. Iv been there seein sum of the pants dans been thru with this and know the love, time, effort and most of all money dan has put in2 this car and how much he wud smile seeing this car finished 2 how he wants it.
Dan surely u can get refund from this guy? u paid him 2 do a job he aint done so he cant get away without paying u!!

Mark

Ex. Club Member
I understand what your saying danni as i myself have been through being ripped off by a bodyshop myself, simular story the car had been there for months etc and it never was finished and i had to put the car back together myself, i've had the car for 3 and a half years and never driven it due to a cowboy garage and bodyshop.

its a shame dans k10 has come down to this and i hope something good ends up coming out of it.

whooops can admin delete my 2 extra posts lol

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Well I've been to see the car tonight and basically I've been messed over good and proper. Basically they have been saying for about the past month that the car is going to another bodyshop to get finished, they were supposedly moved to this other bodyshop which I found out tonight was supposedly the guy who owns the unit opposite, I've been up to see the guy in the unit opposite tonight and he knows nothing about it. The lad has been kicked out of his unit for not paying rent and my car has been dumped outside with no windows or anything. Basically there are too many people lying about stuff and I think I'm probably just gunna bring the car back myself, and maybe finally see what sort of a price barwell can offer. Depending on that, after a bit of saving and a while away from worrying about it I MIGHT continue on with it, as I will be starting a new job soon FT which will be alot higher pay than what I was on PT. Its easy to say scrap it but I'm basically scrapping something which I have spent over £3k on, and maybe another bit extra would get it up to scratch, and at least then I would have a nice show car and something to show for the effort I have put in. I'm just sick of people messing me about, saying one thing then doing another. I'm gunna do something about it this time though, just not sure what yet. Does anyone wana see the pics??

Also its easy enough saying buy a new shell, but the arches are moulded in, all of the brackets for bumpers etc are made to fit my car and theres just too much extra on mine to easily be able to start again.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
i hope u get it sorted dan, i can't begin to imagine how gutted your feeling. Let's have a look at what they've done so far, i'm sure others would like to see too.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Barwell was the only option this car should have ever taken. Sorry to hear how things have panned out, but you've got to take it somewhere where the results speak for themselves. Kev probably cant rate Barwell high enough, so why accept anything less if your spending that much money on it

k11stew

Ex. Club Member
get the pics up dan.

if worst comes to worst we can all help and give it a go ourselves, see how it goes!

bad crack just dumping it like.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Dan what you have to think is that who really landed you in this mess and we all know who that is.

The Bodyshop you took it too had a complete mess on there hands which they have done quite a good job getting it to where it is now. Bearing in mind they stripped it back to bare metal, have sorted out the modifications to the arches, bonnet and bumper I believe and is the tailgate sorted yet or still in a mess?

It might not need a trip to Melton for Paul to work his magic if the bodywork is almost sorted. Steve can do a bit but his specialities lie in bodywork preperation and spraying.

Barwell will not mess you around, ok it might take longer then they say, but certainly not months and months. Paul at Melton does his bodywork in the evenings and would be able to sort any bits in just a few weeks.

Dan, do what is best for you, but if you need my contacts you know where they are.

Kev

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Well things that they have told me were done, havent actually been done. Alot of bits are cracking again, including the filler cap and roof runner which will need redoing, so unfortuantely its not just a case of a simple respray. :( Both bumpers still need alot of work, the bonnet extension does not even exist. I so wana get it finished as I know that the plans that I have for it will improve it 100x again, but I'm just fed up of unreliable people... Here are the pics anyway. :(

11-P8150018.JPG

16-P8150019.JPG

18-P8150020.JPG

8-P8150023.JPG

24-P8150024.JPG

And yes that is rust on the boot. Also, thanks for your continued support guys, all of you have been great in pushing me to get it done, so its really appreciated.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
micra man said:
16-P8150019.JPG

18-P8150020.JPG

24-P8150024.JPG

And yes that is rust on the boot

whaaaat! i thought that was fibreglass filller to being with but rust! jesus christ
the car looks sad,poor k10 :down:

sorry but thats it a mess i can only imagine how it feels to see your pride and joy ruined like that and left outside without them telling you

i must say the way they done the rear lights is 100x better than they were done before tho and i do like the side view of it

dont look like it needs much more work done to it tho which is good

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Yeah, I would maybe say it was closer than it was, but when you start to look at it closer you see that the petrol filler cap needs refilling, the arches need finishing, the whole car needs sanding, and the front bumpers need sanding/shaping, and probably alot more when you look at it closer. Still lots to do but we will see in a bit when I get it back.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
dan could you do some of it yourself like fixing the cracks etc all you need to do is v groove them out and fill them with fibreglass filler and then smooth it all off

i guess if you could do the little bits yourself and give the big bits to a bodyshop so you will save some money maybe a small amount but the small amounts build up

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
the body work on the 'skirt area' doesnt look that bad or am i wrong,that boot is shocking, so how long has it been outside for also the ginger guy is that the bodyshop bloke ?

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
:eek:

I take that back, If you bought to Barwell it would DEFINATELY need to go to Melton first.

Kev :wow:

Krian

Fear me, for I am Onibaku
Gotta say tho, I love the skirts you've got on it, im not a fan of most body kits, but those really suit it. Are they custom? Or part of a kit?

Ems

Ex. Club Member
i like the side view too!!!

Would u not b able to start with a fresh boot, surely it will b easier to smooth that than try and repair the one u have now?!!!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
The rust might not actually be that bad, it look to be just surface rust. When I had the boot done on the K10, I had to wait a while until I could get it sprayed and it went similiar in places.

It's looks worse then it is as long as it's sorted soon.

Kev

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
OMG poor car :( you have alot of will there Dan, I am not sure I would continue on with something that has been such a pain.

Ed

Layla

Deactivated Account
it looks really nice from the side! keep it going Dan, you CANT give up on this now!

im waiting for a quote from barwell to get percy redone.

B

Ben

i would have given up a long time ago and still would, like i have said from the beginning of this farce before it even went to Wayne but you have to give credit for the dedication etc but its just not for me!! I cant believe the state of the car, its 100% better than when it came back last time but its still terrible, just think £3k ....thats a lot of money, i hate to say i told u so

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
not bad mate, very inspiring actually... its just alot of heartache for you now but its either on its way or dying... but thats upto you and obviuosly factors in your life money time etc...

you know practically everyone wants you to finish it... i know i would:)

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
The boot is the same one that Wayne used so needs replacing anyways. I'm not sure, I'm just gunna get it back and then just leave it under cover for a few months then decide what to do with it when I can be bothered lol. I just look at that pic of the front and I know it could look mint if it was finished. Maybe it will never get finished now though... who knows. :S The skirts are totally custom, delta 1 kit from a fiesta with XR2 arches at the front and saxo custom D&M arches moulded in at the rear. :) One thing I really love about the car. I might just enter it for pimp my ride lol. :D The guy in the picture is the guy with the unit opposite, if it was the guy with the bodyshop who did the work I guarentee I would not be taking a picture and he would not be stood there thats for sure!!!

G_Man

Ex. Club Member
Jus get it finished asap, even if as someone has said you bring it home and sort cracks out etc, and give it to barwell to finish. Im tryin to egg you on with this Dan as i know when its finished you wont be bothere about the past and you will jus enjoy driving the car, the looks, the comments you get on it will just make u have a constant smile on your face. Do it dan, i will help you (even tho i wouldnt have the foggiest) :D

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I'm with that man, (G_Man) lol!

No point bringing it back and storing it, your soo close to having it finished now.

Kev

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Me and G have struck a deal and he is gunna lend me the money to get it finished...

He just doesn't know it yet. ;)

When I get it back I should be able to assess the situation further and see whats what. You just don't know how much I wana get it done though!!! I just feel like such a prick letting something like this happen twice and taking it to unreliable people who I trusted would do a good job, and the stupid swear words let me down. I'm now no further forward than what I was a year ago with it. The only consellation is the fact that the main bit of the shell is primed and with some sanding and probably with a few things redone the car could be sprayed without having to be stripped back again, and only maybe a weeks worth of bodywork. What to do lol..

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
LOL! PM me the details.

However I think it's probably best I show the photo's to Steve and Paul. Reaction will be probably be :wow: :glance: lol!

Kev

B

Ben

hahaha, if it was me i would scrap it thats true but thats because i couldnt justify spending £3k and having a much worse car than i originally started with although if you do go through with it you will be a legend.....a red haired one all the same.

If can possibly suggest one thing.....dont go candy red, its been done to death now! Its like everything with you, you get it done once its already been done lol - the orange/black 2 tone, black wheels and now the cherry red colour. Be imaginitive (Gold is a lovely colour :D) and even if it comes to it please dont stick black wheels on it ...good luck...you will need it

Sounded like captain kirk there

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Ben said:
hahaha, if it was me i would scrap it thats true but thats because i couldnt justify spending £3k and having a much worse car than i originally started with although if you do go through with it you will be a legend.....a red haired one all the same.

If can possibly suggest one thing.....dont go candy red, its been done to death now! Its like everything with you, you get it done once its already been done lol - the orange/black 2 tone, black wheels and now the cherry red colour. Be imaginitive (Gold is a lovely colour :D) and even if it comes to it please dont stick black wheels on it ...good luck...you will need it

Sounded like captain kirk there

Lol what a post haha. :D Thats because the people doing it take so long to do it and by the time it is done its out of date lol. :p The wheels most definetely won't be black either. ;)

G_Man

Ex. Club Member
micra man said:
Me and G have struck a deal and he is gunna lend me the money to get it finished...

Ah i see, i will lend u as much as i can if u need it, and also help u as much as i can too :)