Micra man's car bodywork and general update 2...

Good luck Dan! Barwell is the only place this car should go to now, not the scrappy!

Kev said:
Just goes to show how your choices can affect the outcome, if you would have gone to Melton and Barwell your car would have been done months ago.

Lol, not really what I need to hear now but thanks anyway Kev hehe. :p As I say I will see how it goes, but don't be surprised if I'm in touch in the next week or so. :)

Kev said:
Just goes to show how your choices can affect the outcome, if you would have gone to Melton and Barwell your car would have been done months ago.

Kev

does seem a bit sarcastic

Keep going with it Dan, it would be a shame to waste all the work that's gone into it already, it'll look totally cool when it's done. whatever you do don't scrap it, you'll never forgive yourself.

Ben said:
does seem a bit sarcastic

I was mearly pointing out how your choices can reflect the outcome, Dan know's what I mean as we have discussed this several times.

its a real shame this car has ended like this, it was what inpsired me all thoose years ago and was without doubt one of the best k10's this site has ever seen and probably will ever see :(

i think dan has just been unfortunate with who he has let modifiy his car and has had been let down alot by untrustworthy people :(

get it to barwell, does it drive? if so drive it down and get the train back, book in advance to save costs for the train also.

chin up mate you are so close!
dont pay the garage if you are not happy with the work/if they havent finished.
you are legally allowed to pay them what you think the work is worth and if they wont give you the keys, call the police. They cannot in-pound cars they are not allowed.

be fairly reasonable with them ie pay them for the work they have done if its nothing then thats nothing but if its some, work it out and show them how you have worked it out, ie days work x cost per day/materials then offer them that or nothing

just go into stealth mode in the dead of night, break the skylight on the roof, cascade down a zipwire from the roof, avoid the pressure sensitive floor tiles and remember the noise sensors.

Use the trapeze to swing across to the box where they keep the car keys on the wall, use Dr Whos Key to unlock it and swipe your keys, again Trapeze over to your car and land on the roof, open the car and slide in......

Then knight rider your way out of there ....

Oh and leave a timed explosion device so that the ####hole blows up once yoour out. (make sure you leave yourself enough time to get out though and allow for unforeseen events)

Gat Davey C to record the event too

lmfao, only if you star in it tho...we could make a mint, fast and not particularly furious!

*big american film star voice*

featuring "big ben" as lucy lou :girly:

Davey C said:
lmfao, only if you star in it tho...we could make a mint, fast and not particularly furious!

*big american film star voice*

featuring "big ben" as lucy lou :girly:

haha deffo, ill have to dig out my lycra cat suit now....oh and its just ben now as im post op :D

most people remember this car as being this

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/375060

when the car was like that people came to this site because of it, i know i saw it and wanted my car to be the same as it

i understood why dan wanted to change it to his view.

if it was me i would carry on with it since its got so far and would just be a waste of money to scrap it or sell it to kev and get it back to its former glory and use it as a msc show car or something

but what ever dan does is up to him, and im sure we would back him with what ever he does to it

Fordy, this pint has been raised millions of times and it has also been closed a million times? Is there absoloutly any point in rasing it again? The car is Dans now and what was your aim of bringing that up again? Most people know that there have been problems caused because certain members keep saying that sort of stuff. Kev has let the car go, its now Dans....i really struggle to think what you people would possible achieve by informing us that it used to look like that....99% of people know and dont care!

Ben said:
Fordy, this pint has been raised millions of times and it has also been closed a million times? Is there absoloutly any point in rasing it again? The car is Dans now and what was your aim of bringing that up again? Most people know that there have been problems caused because certain members keep saying that sort of stuff. Kev has let the car go, its now Dans....i really struggle to think what you people would possible achieve by informing us that it used to look like that....99% of people know and dont care!

i think hes tryin to say that the car has a great history with the club and has inspierd alot on here to push there cars on. and it would be a shame to see it die like this. yes it was kev's now its dan's and we can all see that the project has moved up to a whole other level shince dan has had it. If it were to be finished it would be the signature k10 of the club. with out a doubt.

Dan mate if u have to let it go try and keep it in the club. it would be a shame to see all ur ideas go down the pan all because of money. uve pushed the modding relms of the k10 on with leaps and bounds in reguard to the msc lets not let the car die like this

Well I won't be giving up on it yet!!! I still aint heard from the bodyshop but I'm hoping we can see things through and get it looking mint again. Watch this space...

Fordy said:
if it was me i would carry on with it since its got so far and would just be a waste of money to scrap it or sell it to kev and get it back to its former glory and use it as a msc show car or something

LOL dan is capable of gettin it look mint mate, and as ben says, it is dans car now, no1 cares how it used to be

this used to belong to nissan but it doesnt mean that some little jap guy is gonna come back, shake his fist and go "oo yo sell to kev n put back standard"

Attachments

• micrams1.jpg
    micrams1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 214
Ok lets get this straight, I'm not selling it back to Kev, and I'm gunna do my very best to make sure that it gets finished and looking absolutely spot on, and better than it ever has done before in my opinion of course hehe. ;) But it will return... I hope. ;)

micra man said:
Ok lets get this straight, I'm not selling it back to Kev, and I'm gunna do my very best to make sure that it gets finished and looking absolutely spot on, and better than it ever has done before in my opinion of course hehe. ;) But it will return... I hope. ;)

do it mate u know it makes sense

james betley said:
how much did it cost u 2 have yr body kit built

Thought I'd give you a proper response.

The Kit itself is made up of a NOVA GTB front bumper extensively modified.
Delta Side skirts from a FIESTA.
OEM rear bumper with a 106 rear valance and all smoothed in.
Universal TC3 Roof spoiler.
CLIO bonnet scoop

Dan has then added lots of other custom bits

If you want any sort of after-market bodykit that isn't available through Nissans Range for a K10 you'll have to go custom and then it's all down to what your charged for fitting and spraying.

Basic Breakdown of costs.

Bodykit £500-£1000 (depending on what you buy)
Fitment / Modification £500+ (again dependant on where you take it and to what level you have it modified)
Respray £1000 (if you included it)
Colour matching Basic Bodykit £400 (Bumpers, Side Skirts, Spoiler)

Dan can give you more information on the parts he's had added / altered.

thanks
Kev

Yeah the kit as far as I know is no longer available now as it was a nova bumper. It also looks now totally, totally different to how it did when it came from the manufacturers and is a total one off and would take alot of work to get another bumper like it. Any other info just ask, Nissan did a few standard kits but if you want something extreme I would recommend going custom. Nova bumper are a good fit, but do a search as there is loads of info about it on the site. Will see if I can get an update sometime this week as to what is happening about it... for some reason I am all excited about it again now though hehe. :)

Here are a few pics of what I have been up to anyway. Its gunna take me ages to finish but its pulling it all together nicely and should just finish the doorcards off. Let me know what you think, constructively of course. ;)

Attachments

• P6220382.JPG
    P6220382.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 242
  • P6240386.JPG
    P6240386.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 269
looking very good... how did you get the cards to stick out in those shapes call me stupid lol

Thanks mate. :)

I put a template on the doorcards and then layed the material over the top. :) Then did it a bit backwards and stitched it afterwards lol!!! Its pulled it all together quite nice though. If you do something like this make sure you use something which is very, VERY sticky and will hold the material in place.

On another note, the lad at the bodyshops hand is better and he is back working on my car. :D :D :D Should be done for JAE, well had better be anyways lol. :p

not my taste them cards and look a bit tacky but thats just my 2p worth, on a nother note good to hear there pulling there finger out

i think they look great Dan esp for a DIY job :) keep up the good work, good news on the bodyshop too fingers and toes crossed for ya :D

Well if I had thought about it earlier i would have just stitched it as normal, but now I've had to drill holes through the doorcards and stitch it through them and do it that way all hand stitched. :) It hadn't stuck too well in places (need some better glue next time!!!) so this is putting it all in place and pulling it together. Thanks guys.

Well I should hopefully have an update report tomorrow. The thing is though is I am away on hoiday tomorrow so won't be able to access the MSC for a week hehe, so you will all have to wait for pics. :p Hoping that it will be nearly done when I get back though but we will see.

Well it won't be done for JAE thats for sure lol. The guy has been very ill so still havent seen the car. Hopefully gunna see it this weekend sometime as it is now ready for spraying I think. Shouldn't be too much longer I HOPE, but we will see. :s

I can't wait to see your finished car Dan, it seems to have been under construction for ever, you must be pulling your hair out waiting this long for it.

Cheers guys, yeah its been ages now and I can't wait to get it back. A couple of times I have really lost interest but I am hoping that when I get it back it will be sorted and I will love it again lol. :) Should look very, very different to how it did when I first got it hehe.

Fourth that lol. Wish I knew to be honest... all I know is that the guy who is doing it is supposed to be very ill, and he has said that if he aint back at work this week then the car will be going to another bodyshop to get finished off with no extra charge. Thing is I need it back for three weeks time for when I start my work placement. :|

dan it kinda sounds like you need to pull your finger out to me.

you should get yourself down there, tell him what you want, if he isnt going to give you it, then take the car away.

or make little bits of progress by doing things yourself.

well i think watever you choose to do it should be finished soon... they been messing you around for ages... you going to let us know what colour its goin to be yet... also how much have you spent on all this

Too much lol, may aswell say as the fact that the car will get done will be a big enough surprise lol, its gunna be house of kolor cherry kandy red.

I know mate, I'm trying my best but he's never there, funny how we have all seen him driving about still though. I got a few people keeping a lookout for me anyway. :)

#### me, ive been away on holiday i was at least expecting it to be ready by now - this is a sham

Heard from him this week and its going to the other bodyshop this week. Once the other guy sees it I should have some info on timescales etc, which will hopefully be stuck to this time!!!

Back