• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

micra madness

MICRA TOFU SHOP :D

tumblr_ncqibj6z1s1skvfaqo1_500.gif

Antony

Ex. Club Member
I ran 4 gauge all the way to the boot.

The positive cable means jack all. As long as the earth is short n fat. It will be hood.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Antony

Ex. Club Member
If you follow conventional current theory and not electron theory.

You dont need a massive positive. I proved that 8 years ago.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
Im an aeronautical engineer on avionics and electronics for the raf on the hcmk4 chinook and the eurofighter typhoon. Believe me the current to start the car is pulled through the negative terminal.
Its not a ground cable. Its an earth back to the battery through the bodywork. But its common knowledge in electronics electrons travel negative to positive as theyre negatively charged and are attracted back to the positive terminal.

You could start a car with 18 gauge pos wire as long as the neg is chunky.

OP
OP
mik

mik

Looking good though, the german regs not let you fit stuff for competition only purposes?

Yes its possible, but not a lot. As i want to have the car still road legal i'll have to go with that. otherwise i need a trailer and a license. thats what i didnt want.

OP
OP
mik

mik

Car is running and just need to sort out some small things, so i will get Tüv (MOT) in the next week or two.

I got another Cable for my Battery which is now 50mm² :)
Also i got a rear strut bar fitted now, and the bucket seat is fitted aswell.

Next up are mods to the engine and drivetrain.
I will swap in the 1.0 gearbox +flywheel +pulley.

Also i will build up an second engine with 1.0 pistons.

I've ordered a Nistune board and will get my friend, who does a lot of mapping around here, to map the car :cool:

Can't wait to get the car on the road again!

sx-micra.JPG

OP
OP
mik

mik

Got the car on the road again :)
Added a front bushing set from strongflex to the wishbones and stabilizers.
added a strut brace between the wishbones.

drives so nice, very happy with it.
i contacted rollcentre and i might can install my rollcage back in, lets hope this will work out :)

IMG_20160620_201605.jpg

IMG_20160620_201623.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

Few Updates:

Installed a JanSpeed 4-2-1 Manifold, Nistune and K-Sport Coilovers.
My Friend mapped the car, and it runs so smooth now. Will dyno run it soon.

a22.jpg
aa.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

updated spec-list on first page. will dynorun tomorrow if all goes well.
also planing on refitting the postert front bumper, maybe.

have to check with regulations, but would be a good swap to save more weight.

OP
OP
mik

mik

Micra is leaking Water, i guess its coming from the seal.
First off i will check the compression, as the rear is a bit oily. if bad ill pull the engine, if not ill have to figure out how i get to the seal whilst the engine is fitted to the car.

Capture.JPG

pollyp

Club Member
Micra is leaking Water, i guess its coming from the seal.
First off i will check the compression, as the rear is a bit oily. if bad ill pull the engine, if not ill have to figure out how i get to the seal whilst the engine is fitted to the car.

View attachment 51033

if the return pipe o-ring is old and has been disturbed or removed before, the hard rubber tends to leak.
whenever I remove the return pipe I always replace the o-ring

solarice

Ex. Club Member
hehe i really thought about it, but as i'm planing to fly to japan in october, there are no funds left for jae :(

Always fancied going to Japan (big suprise eh lol). I always thought it'd be funny to drive the micra back to where most of its parts came from...for science of course.

OP
OP
mik

mik

Today i did my first laps on the famous nürburgring nordschleife. quite happy with the results, as the tarmac was light wet on some areas and since i practised the track on xbox :)

Car feels great with the RSR Tyres and Coilovers. Still having some minor rubbing issues on hard dampening, will have to figure out if i up the coilovers a bit.

My first Lap on the Nordschleife

Lap #2

Lap #3

OP
OP
mik

mik

Well its been a while (again!)
And it's that time (again!), every two years or so, i'm getting my K11 rebuild and ready for the road.
It's still there, it's still running (sort of)
But haven't been driven for around two years (again!)

Due to unforeseen circumstances, earth rotation and moon constellations, i need to get my micra back on the road.
Time shure has taken it's toll and the poor thing had moss growing all over the chassis (again!)

I started by scrubbing the dirt down, which was surprisingly harder than i thought.

I had an issue with bad idling and running on three cylinders. As i had this problem before, i found this faulty GA16 injector to be the issue. For now i placed a stock injector in, but i will order another injector.

After that i cleaned the whole interior and gave the boot a quick touch of paint. I still have some old faded stickers on the upper half, which is so annoying to remove as they are paper stickers.

Re-fitted the drivers seat, and all now much nicer looking (again!)

For now i need to wait till my orders coming in. After my power steering failed on me on the nürburgring, i swapped it for a non power steering gear.
I've needed shorter pulley belts, which i have to fit. Also (unfortunately) the semi's i've ordered, are not road legal here in germany, so i have to get some other tires. I hope the rest will be fine, lets see how i turns out :)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Welcome back Mik :)

My SuperS hasn't turned a wheel under it's own power for pretty much 8 years now :rolleyes:

OP
OP
mik

mik

Today I fitted some new tyres, put some old stock injectors in and adjusted the nistune map, car runs now, just need some touch up and some (hopefully) minor stuff and we are good to get tüv/mot. I’m excited to drive that little car again ?

OP
OP
mik

mik

Just saw a vid of seb driving his k11 on youtube. reminded me to login every five years here and say hi! :)
The K11 still alive and sitting most of it's time in my garage after that JAE 2019.
IMG_8037.JPG
IMG_8038.JPG