• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

micra madness

OP
OP
mik

mik

well that depends on someones point of view :D wont tell much, will post pictures when i have more infos :) secrets :D

OP
OP
mik

mik

cud u put up a picture of the interior of the white micra, im looking for inspiration at the moment

sorry mate for slow answer, here some pictures :)

orange led mod, crappy leather work :D
wm_021.jpg

flattened trunk, rollbar, sticker bombed rear end, domo kun figure and bucket seats
wm_022.jpg

doorpanels
wm_023.jpg

dirty interior, black carpet, black dash, etc.
wm_024.jpg

never been washed since JAE 2012 :D blame on me here!
wm_025.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

I sat down on my Back for about 4 hours and applied the stickers to the Front Bumper, starting with a Layer of bigger stickers and applying smaller ones afterwards :D
Most important thing is to not think about the placement too much, as it looks not random enough.

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
But how come you don't have to keep redoing them I have some on my parcel shelf speaker covers and around me centre console the rears have faded in the sun and are peeling and the centre console ones are just peeling what did you do prevent these things from happening on yours?? :(

OP
OP
mik

mik

indeed i did lacquer over the stickers, and shure some are fading too. especially the paper ones. but still most of the look ok :)

OP
OP
mik

mik

Poor car, show it some love

yes, i will! :)
i haven't driven the car for about three? years now, and since i don't had any space in my garage it was standing outside. thats why it looks so dirty :(
buuuuuut, after moving flat next week, i will have a garage space for the micra, and i will start to clean it up and refurbish some stuff.

I might want to use this car as a slalom car and just use it for some events, JAE *cough* *cough* buuuuut lets see how this will work out.
i'll keep you guys updated as soon as i start working on the car :)

OP
OP
mik

mik

Since i've sent my racing license application today, i'll start with the car anytime soon.

heres my todo-list
- order some new headlights as both have broken brakets
- freshen up the brakes (new fluids)
- order and repair the lousy handbrake wire
- check why the gears are not going in smoothly (i think this is a grommet issue)
- detach the sideskirts
- remove rust and weld in new panels
- remove all stickers from bumper and grille
- fit the heater assembly again :D
- fit the rear interior panels again, since the holes have to be covered
- weight the car, i cannot go lower than 815KG, not shure how much mine weights

Here's how its looking right now
rear.jpg

front.jpg

solarice

Ex. Club Member
I was just wondering about this car...good to see its still about. Funny really as i've just gotten an urge to give mine the once over and see if she's still ok as it's probably has been standing as long as yours has. :D

OP
OP
mik

mik

haha, great hearing from you! :D
today i started working on the car, i've checked with an TüV Engineer (german MOT) about my rollcage, and unfortunately it i'snt road legal in Germany, so i had to strip it from the car.

Stripped the front end a bit, as i need to weld in a new front mask and get two new headlights, since they are both broken.
Under the car its a bit rusty, but i think with a bit of welding it should be fine again.
I will fit the stock super S bumper, since i dont want to destroy my postert bumper in a race :D

James

Chairman
I was just wondering about this car...good to see its still about. Funny really as i've just gotten an urge to give mine the once over and see if she's still ok as it's probably has been standing as long as yours has. :D
I think you should come to JAE too ;)

OP
OP
mik

mik

So you got a roll cage for sale then?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

yes i might, i have to check again. maybe i can use just the rear end.
but i'll give updates about that :)

So today i got some things done!
First off i started washing the car, because every piece of car was so dirty and muddy.
After that i removed the rear bumper, the sideskirts and the fenders, to see how rust is moving on.
The sills(? the metal under the sideskirts?) are both rusted, but my dad had ordered some new ones ages ago, and they
were still unused. Will weld them on friday.

IMG_20160504_175211.jpg

The rear end has a hole too, but easy fix here.
IMG_20160504_175155.jpg

As said, i dont plan to, but i wont run my postert bumper on a cup car, so i will attach both super s bumpers to the car.
Thinking of dougyleeds, i really loved his panda twin paintjob, and since im an lousy german with italian roots, i'll do a similar job ;)

IMG_20160504_175722.jpg

Also ordered a racing bucket seat and a seat rail :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
mik

mik

Love this car! Really looking forward to updates. Hows your K13?

The K13 is just running fine, didn't upgrade or do anything since then. it's still the same :)
In the meantime i've worked on an s14 which had some rust issues, and did a ground build up on that one.

OP
OP
mik

mik

Wohoo, got a lot done today :cool:

First my dad and i started to cut off the old side sills, yay! what a great day to have some rust fixing party :D
IMG_20160506_130828.jpg

IMG_20160506_161939.jpg

IMG_20160506_161951.jpg

both sides we not so nice looking, and there was tons of rust everywhere. :eek:

IMG_20160506_171149.jpg

drivers side (the right left of course! :D) fixed

IMG_20160506_183235.jpg

As my dad got tired, and i didn't want to weld the other side alone, i painted the valve cover, and fixed some minor issues.

IMG_20160506_184804.jpg

Next Saturday, well do the other side, and might get MOT in two weeks :D :D :D

OP
OP
mik

mik

Just to doublecheck, i want to throw a 1.0 gearbox in (from a pre-facelift).

All i need it the flywheel and the gearbox right?
Or do i need the driveshafts too?

OP
OP
mik

mik

and since i will need more powaaaaa, and have a 1.0 engine here too. :p

how about 1.0 pistons, skim? and stock headgasket?
maybe nistune and camshafts?

i don't want to spend a fortune on it, just get a bit more out of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mik

mik

On Friday i got my seatrails, so i started putting together the seat. +
Its very low mount, compared to my previous diy seat console. I've test fitted the seat, and its definitely not as nice center aligned as the stock seatrail.

seat.jpg

Then i worked on the newly welded side sills. First i applyed a Primer and then i added some filler.
side.jpg

Then i prepped the lines for painting, but i couldn't paint yet, as i have to sand down the filler which wasn't dry at that time.
side3.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

Today i spray painted the sides. i have to admit it does look better on the picture as it really is. there are some minor sanding marks still visible, i should have sanded with a smaller grain, but its allright for its purpose.
IMG_20160518_203635.jpg

to shift weight i relocated the battery. i've used a battery terminal out of an bmw, they're very useful and cheap (about 10pounds). i'll still have to crimp the ends to the wires and have to make up a second brace.
IMG_20160518_203648.jpg

Pic of the engine bay, with the new painted rocker cover. still a lot of work to do.
IMG_20160518_203709.jpg

I think I'd be using thicker cable than that to relocate the battery, where did you put it? the further the wiring run is the more voltage drop you will experience and the more important large cable is.

OP
OP
mik

mik

I think I'd be using thicker cable than that to relocate the battery, where did you put it? the further the wiring run is the more voltage drop you will experience and the more important large cable is.

its just behind the passenger seat, i used an old starter calbe which is 25mm², but you're right, maybe i'll switch to something bigger.

Yeah it's a case of the bigger the better, within reason, you can get nice lugs to crimp and solder on to make a strong physical and electrical connection.

Maybe take your current cable to a place to get them to make you one up