• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

micra madness

Hey All, this is a blog about my micra(s) :)

14073014_1745129559100893_756880804_n.jpg

Exterior
Postert Frontbumper (Currently Super S Equipped)
Postert Sideskirts (Currently not Equipped, but still here)
DIY Nismo-Style Grill
Towstrap
Respray to White (from black)

Interior
AEM Wideband Gauge
ProSport OilPress and OilTemp
DIY Doorpanels with fake leather
DIY All Plastics resprayed to black or wrapped with fake leather
6 Point Rollcage from RollCentre
Momo Corsa Steering Wheel
Sparco Sprint Bucket Seat on Sparco Mount
Semi Cleared Interior [HASHTAG]#becauseRaceCar[/HASHTAG]

Engine
1.3 Engine
GA16 Injectors
K&N Filter Panel / Sparco Filter panel (depends if racing)
Modified Airflow to Airbox
JanSpeed 4-2-1 Manifold
Uprated Exhaust Catback
Nistune with mapping by pureboost.de
AEM Wideband Sensor

Suspension & Tires
7x15" Ats DTC Superlight
195/50/15 Federal RSR
K-Sport Coilovers with 4.5kg/mm (front) and 2.4kg/mm (rear)
OMP Strut Brace
Wiechers Lower Strut Brace (removed, was too low for racing)
Whiteline Adjustable Panhard-Rod
StrongFlex Full Bushing Kit Front/Back

cheers :)

Last edited:

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Welcome to Mik, a very old school member I met years ago on micra.au !
The white one is more and more sexy, I really like that front bumper !

Welcome!
Grats for your micras... the white one front bumper lookks very nice! The leather interior of the black one are original? mine looks different...

OP
OP
mik

mik

thanks for the kind words!

Today i sanded some interior parts, which i will start to cover with black cloth, as soon as the delivery is here.
wm_002.jpg

Then i covered the front grill and the induction box with stickers. I saw that on some hellaflush cars, and somehow liked the idea. what do you think?
wm_003.jpg

wm_004.jpg

@Sunburn:
I bought the Black Micra like that, i couldn't find any manufacturer tags or something on the leather so i think it is original, as the rest of the interior matches aswell.

do not know, mate: if you look in my topic, when i found my leather interiors in a scrapyard, the door panel has the central part in leather (same colour of seats), instead of tissue. As just said, the shape of seats it's different

I suppose that your seats has been covered or rebuilded in leather, anyway they looks very nice!

Loove the sticker bomb look, although I wouldnt have done the lip as well. Leather seats on the micra look coool :D keep us updated mate XD

Really REALLY liking the sticker bombed interior Mik, really tidy looking car. Well done :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
mik

mik

bought this manifold a while ago, will cut the flange off and weld on the micra one.
lets see where this will go :)

wm_010.jpg

wm_011.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

after a bit of vacation i started to chop the manifold, the inner two fit perfect, the outer two need to be bended to the inside for about 1cm.
i'm currently working on a CAD Design so i get the flange made by an CNC machine.

wm_012.jpg

i`ve put my oil temp gauge to the heater area. chopped the heater backside off, will do a electric driven temperature and fan switch, while the fan control still works. i want to fit an air/fuel gauge next to the oil temp soon.

wm_013.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

currently all controlls exept the fan speed control are not working. Ive ordered some actuators (hope thats the right term) which i want to fit to controll the things again. Sorry bit poor in explaining :) will show some pics soon :)

OP
OP
mik

mik

so i bought an tow strap at jae, and for not getting my front bumper destroyed by pulling it, i welded an adapter for it.

started off with a piece of metal, what was lying in my garage.
wm_016.JPG

drilled two holes for the bolts which usually hold the tow bar
wm_017.JPG

after some welding and a lick of paint, it ended up in this
wm_018.JPG

so this is what it looks like, when mounted to the car. its in the middle of the hole in the bumper, and will not damage it when towed (which i prefer not to happen :D )
wm_019.JPG

i`ve put my oil temp gauge to the heater area. chopped the heater backside off, will do a electric driven temperature and fan switch, while the fan control still works. i want to fit an air/fuel gauge next to the oil temp soon.

wm_013.jpg

I was gonna do the exact same thing with my dials, but too afraid of cutting up the controls. Looks ace though, and prooves my thinking wasn't complete madness!

Your car is excellent!

OP
OP
mik

mik

So today i started working on my black micra. After snapping nearly every bolt and taking the front off, i saw a massive load of rust.
Never had an micra with that much rust on it, i mean even the oilpan and stabilizers are covered with rust!
Lets better not talk about the sideskirts or the rear panel :D

So this will be my rebuild project for the next weeks (if i don`t get a cheap "better in shape" micra :p ), as i need a car for the winter months, while the white one is off the road.

the rusty mess
bm_004.jpg

total rat look!
bm_005.jpg

epic rat look on manifold
bm_006.jpg

how can a oilpan get so much rust anyway?
bm_007.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

allright! long time no update :) so black micra is dead, was a complete rust mess, after tearing off the parts to the bare chasis, even more and more rust came along.
so i`ve decided to gather all parts what are still useable and scrap the rest of the car. so i`ve been wandering around to get another micra for winter usage and got lucky today. found a mint looking gray micra europe for a good bargain. will pick it up tomorrow and will post some pictures.

cheers.

allright! long time no update :) so black micra is dead, was a complete rust mess, after tearing off the parts to the bare chasis, even more and more rust came along.
so i`ve decided to gather all parts what are still useable and scrap the rest of the car. so i`ve been wandering around to get another micra for winter usage and got lucky today. found a mint looking gray micra europe for a good bargain. will pick it up tomorrow and will post some pictures.

cheers.

good luck with the new one!

solarice

Ex. Club Member

cheers.

That kinda sucks about the black one, but atleast theres parts you can use and makes more sense if its that far gone. :)

Winter micra take 2 ;)

OP
OP
mik

mik

allright, as promised the new grey one (no i'm not really into colored micras :D)
got the car licensed today, so i started with some small mods/repairs. car is overall in good shape, has some dents here and there, gearbox is a bit louder than usual, but i think it will last (hopefully! :D)
white micra is off the road for now, and i will begin to work on the car over the winter.

so what i did today is:
- new snow tires, as the old ones where really messed up
- sort of rat style respray of the steel rims (i.e. crappy looking :D)
- found an med kit, expired in October 94 (pretty old i guess, replaced with new one)
- replaced the spare wheel with a newer one, aswell this one looked like from the factory and was really worn
- exchanged speedometer with super S speedo
- exchanged original steering wheel, with an really bad looking one i had in another micra (but still sporty i guess :D)
- checked all fluids and brakes
- swapped the radio, as i don`t have any tapes anymore :(

gm_001.jpg

gm_002.jpg

cheers, thanks for reading :)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Looks in good condition. Not sure if its just the picture but the grey looks lighter than the ones i normally see around here (not that theres many), interior looks super clean aswell. :)

OP
OP
mik

mik

I think that there are actually two shades of grey, one lighter and one darker. Pretty happy with the car so far, did already about 1000km, drove to paris, had sightseeing and visited Seb (finally) :)

Since my white car is now off-road for winter upgrades/maintenance, i`ve ordered a lower strut brace which came by mail today.

wm_020.JPG

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
I think that there are actually two shades of grey, one lighter and one darker. Pretty happy with the car so far, did already about 1000km, drove to paris, had sightseeing and visited Seb (finally) :)

Since my white car is now off-road for winter upgrades/maintenance, i`ve ordered a lower strut brace which came by mail today.

wm_020.JPG
i need one of those, where can i buy one to fit my k11 and how much ?

OP
OP
mik

mik

allright there you go, i hope now it makes more sense :D
Art. - Nr. is the manufacturing number or article id and Euro is the currency :D

the one i posted earlier is Art ID323002
braces.jpg