• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

micra madness k13 edition

today i was at the tuev for clearance testing my new wheel fitment. what they do is they jack the car up and then put two large blocks under the front left and rear right tire and let the car back down. it has to have clearance all the way down to pass the tests. theres plenty of space left in the arches! so im street legal with my tire setup :D after seeing how cool the lower car looks, i need coilovers haha :D

k13_010.jpg

k13_011.jpg

Looks great!!! And tks for the rim size measurements. :D I thought also to change the suspension. Saw some great setups on Thai March, and I love them low. Bad thing is the economical problem at the moment... I cannot afford lower suspension on all the 4 corners at the moment... but they will come for sure!!! :D Great job!

OP
OP
mik

mik

thanks adrian :) get some lowering springs, car looks so much better :)

todays work, not really much, getting to sort out the stuff i will order, and removed the tiny plastics in the airbox. car is a bit louder now :)

k13_025.jpg

I am afraid to install just springs. I had 2 times problems with the front suspensions. First time at 300 kms (brand new) and second time at 7000 kms. The struts were leaking oil and the service changed them (guarantee). The tarmac is just fine here, but maybe it's a temperature issue that makes the seals to break. And nice tip there, by removing the air buffers ;) tks for that one.

OP
OP
mik

mik

do you mean the k13 suspension you had problems on? the original shocks are a mess as you can feel every little uneven detail in the tarmac (at least with my setup now)
i want to switch to coilovers but there aren't any availible for street use, called up h&r, eibach, fk automotive and kw, but no-one wanted to build k13 coilovers :(
i might get the bc racing onces from the uk and try to get them sorted out here.

Yes, on the k13s, both of them... the silver one went busted at 300 kms, the grey one at 7000kms and again the silver one seems to have issues... and yes the ride is bad even in the original setup... soft in cornering and bumpy even on straight tarmac.
Just now I saw that you have changed the springs. Looks great! Did you had any issues with gridding the wheels with the engine bay while cornering? I still got the original Nissan rims and even if they are 175/45/15 they look like they have very little clearance inside with the wheel locked on the side... and also they are a pain to clean. The brake dust sticks like glue on them.:mad:

OP
OP
mik

mik

no issues with clearance. as i said before its tested against grinding after wheel fitment or suspension change so pass the street legal tests. indeed the stock shocks are incredible! will change it as soon as i can find a better setup.

/edit:
just wrote Koni a E-Mail, maybe they could supply shortened shocks for K13! :)

OP
OP
mik

mik

uh, can't say for shure as i fitted the wheels in the first weeks. nevertheless the fuel consumption is terrible on the car (at least for a car that's sold to be a fuel saving one)
i don`t mind the fuel consumption so much, as i never bought it because of that. if im driving in a fast pace, im doing about 400km with one fill of fuel :D

holly molly!!! I drive fast also... kicking the hell out of them... but still... always did 600 kms/fill... and even in city with A/C and rushing the traffic lights and heavy traffic I get 7/100kms at most (both of them are auto cvt... once I press hard the pedal the revvs go up to 5k and remain there )... looks like that supercharger makes the car way too thirsty.

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
uh, can't say for shure as i fitted the wheels in the first weeks. nevertheless the fuel consumption is terrible on the car (at least for a car that's sold to be a fuel saving one)
i don`t mind the fuel consumption so much, as i never bought it because of that. if im driving in a fast pace, im doing about 400km with one fill of fuel :D
What litre is it??

jen you had better rep k12's at JAE

Not with my paint/bodywork the way it is right now <_<
... Sorry Will :(

one day though.... I'd really, truly love to see this....
A white K10, K11, K12 and K13 side by side on the MSC stand at JAE
^_^...that would be awesome!

....not sure who has a white K10 though :oops:
... but there's a choice of white K11's (Stani, Enuo, Solarice) ETA: and yours mik :p
...I haven't thought this through... LOL :rolleyes:

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Not with my paint/bodywork the way it is right now <_<
... Sorry Will :(

one day though.... I'd really, truly love to see this....
A white K10, K11, K12 and K13 side by side on the MSC stand at JAE
^_^...that would be awesome!

....not sure who has a white K10 though :oops:
... but there's a choice of white K11's (Stani, Enuo, Solarice) :p
...I haven't thought this through... LOL :rolleyes:
I'm sure there is someone with a white K10 on here...

Talking of which, saw a lovely white k10 earlier, couldn't get a pic as I was driving :/
All standard though it had black tailgate spoiler and looked in excellent condition.
Looked to be driven by a young lass too :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
OP
mik

mik

As promised i reveal my secret :)
I start off with an small story about my day. I did about 900km to get those parts, in my dad's fiat minivan.
Fortunatly the fiat had some resistance to heat, as we had 40C° all day here!

k13_030.jpg

It was a fun drive, i passed the Formula 1 Hockenheim Ring, and also the famous Nürburgring!
You can always catch some nice cars even if you just drive past.
So i arrived at my destination and got three packages with this sticker on it:

k13_031.jpg

After i got home, of course i wanted to check if the goods fit to my car.
This is my fresh oem+ upgraded k13 :D *does a happy dance*
k13_032.jpg

k13_033.jpg

k13_034.jpg

will post more pictures as soon as the pieces are painted and fitted to the car :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Take some towels to JAE, I'm gunna be drooling all over this bad boy. And not just from my mouth...

OP
OP
mik

mik

today more work, i didn't like the front support bar, as those lazy nissan guys didn't even paint it :(
in the factory they just put up some wax on it, which looks after some time like on the right side of this picture.

k13_035.jpg

close-up
k13_036.jpg

i've unbolt the whole thing and gave it a good wash.
k13_037.jpg

with the help of an drum stand, i painted the support bar.
k13_038.jpg

this looks much cleaner now
k13_039.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

more progress on the car, yay! :)

started off with sanding the intake manifold, after a while & loads of sweat and dust it looked liked this
k13_043.jpg

more sweat, sanding paper and polish creme it finally looked shiney :D
k13_044.jpg

also got a exhaust tip +removed some items in the muffler o_O
k13_045.jpg