Nissan Genuine Sports Front skirt
Nissan Genuine Sports Rear skirt
Exhaust Tip

Interior
60mm Boost Gauge in Airvent
Carbon Wrapped Items
Domokun Co-Driver

Old First Post
I`ve waited long for this, and now its time! I`ve just ordered an K13 DIG-S in White :D :D :D
Delivery date is estimated between Feb-April 2013. But i will keep you updated. Of course i have some plans with it, and i hope 40weeks until JAE2013 are enough go attend with my new K13 then :)

cheers everyone! :)
k13_001.jpg

OP
OP
mik

mik

there is no way i will ever sell my k11! :) it might get less attention for a short time, but still its sitting in my garage :)

OP
OP
mik

mik

congrats ... what's the DIG-S mean?

I will be getting a Nismo edition when they decide to release it.

thanks mate :)
The DIG-S is the supercharged three Cylinder Engine which produces 98hp. Thats what i think means the DIG-S, not shure tho :)

little Update:
been on an tuning show today, had a talk with some manufacturers and had a look on a couple of wheels and stuff. there are not many parts on the market right now (at least in germany) but lets see how things will change. still some good parts which is will order soon :p

OP
OP
mik

mik

This are the Engine Specs from wikipedia:

The HR12DDR is a 1.2 L supercharged straight-3 engine. It produces 72 kW (97 hp) and 143 N·m (105 ft·lbf). Designed for small-car applications, this gasoline engine incorporates a variety of technologies to minimize CO2 emissions while providing practical levels of power output.[2][3]
Some of the pertinent features are:
  • Compression ratio of 13:1
  • Continuous Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS)
  • Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG)
  • Miller cycle
  • Supercharged
  • Variable capacity oil pump
  • Hydrogen-free diamond like carbon(DLC) coated valve lifters and piston rings
  • Sodium filled exhaust valves
  • High efficiency
It is fitted to the following vehicles:

So yes frank your`re right, DIG-S s direct injected supercharged :)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
If you fancy spending a good chunk theres always the impul additions. :D

Theres a few bits here (not near you though) : http://model.auto-style.jp/?pkey=pa...%81%5B%83%60+k13&limit_car[]=2514&car_url=k13

Mostly styling stuff, but the other bits might give you some ideas...i know theres coilovers now from a few different places, should you want to be spending cash haha.

I've looked at the k13's a few times, but i know i'd want to fiddle about with fitting a larger sc lol.

OP
OP
mik

mik

If you fancy spending a good chunk theres always the impul additions. :D

Theres a few bits here (not near you though) : http://model.auto-style.jp/?pkey=pa...%81%5B%83%60+k13&limit_car[]=2514&car_url=k13

Mostly styling stuff, but the other bits might give you some ideas...i know theres coilovers now from a few different places, should you want to be spending cash haha.

I've looked at the k13's a few times, but i know i'd want to fiddle about with fitting a larger sc lol.

thanks man :) i knew the auto-style page already and have looked through it.
the first change will be the lowering of the car, as its not yet wheel adjusted when it comes from factory i add some coilovers or good low springs before the car gets adjusted.
will go for 7x17 wheels, but i wont say which one :D

had a talk with a company, they will make me strut braces (if i wont order them on auto-style) custom fitted to my car, as they didnt have any k13 yet.
exhaust wise there is yet nothing street legal in germay. so have to talk with the TüV Technicans if they might give me a go on a jap spec exhaust system.
the car is relatively unpopular here, and companies i have talked with, are not producing any parts for it. feels like the k11 back in the days, where there weren`t any
parts in europe for this car :D

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Yeah i thought you might have spied the site already...probs easier to get everything made up, i'd suspect it'd be cheaper for starters :).

I actually forgot about all the german style regs you need to meet, hopefully they'll let you do what you want without too much hassle.

loving the rear, looks kind of beefy and fat :) need some bigger exhaust and wheels soon :D
What kind of wheels you thinking Mik?
gotta say...looking at the picture of her, side on, in the workshop...Black gloss rims would look lovely...or is that over done now? :oops:

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
hey seb, well lets see :) are you planing for jae this year, we could drive together then :) :cool:
Cant attend JAE as its during summer vacations, but I will hit PPC next month as I told you but you and Armando can't make it :(

OP
OP
mik

mik

nooo. no black rims. never liked them :D im still in decision on which ones i will get. damn seb would be cool. would love for pbc too but cant attend both.

OP
OP
mik

mik

did an autobahn run today. funny the speed is limited to 195km/h at 5000rpm. so i need an device or a chip/map to remove it. anyone any suggestions? ^^

did an autobahn run today. funny the speed is limited to 195km/h at 5000rpm. so i need an device or a chip/map to remove it. anyone any suggestions? ^^

120 mph from a car like that sounds about right. But I guess you would know if it's limited.

OP
OP
mik

mik

120 mph from a car like that sounds about right. But I guess you would know if it's limited.

indeed, its fast enough for a car like this, but you'll notice the limiter as the car all of a sudden wont accelerate, as it did before. tried it even downhill, and the car is not going over 120mph/180kmh. you really feel the fuelcut or whatever is limiting the speed.

OP
OP
mik

mik

Is that 120mph on a sat nav? Normally cars are limited to 112mph if i remember correctly

no, was on my speedometer. usually here the cars are limited to 150mph. anyway, was just curious why its limited, it still felt it had the power to run faster :p

frank

Club Member
im new to the supercharger thing, so how do i calculate which pulley size is best? :D
my understanding is a positive displacement s/c will displace 2 x the engine cc for 1 bar mik ?
so each 720 deg of the crank should be 1200cc ? and the s/c needs to displace 2400cc/crank 720deg, for 1 bar i guess :)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
with a c/r of 13:1, its probably at the limit already eh :)

That's what i was wondering, don't want mik damaging his new engine with too much boost :D . There's gotta be some space to play with, but how much is probably an unanswered question.

Not that i've properly searched but i don't recall finding any info on the engine tuning side of things for these.

OP
OP
mik

mik

With the c/r i was wondering too, but i`ve read that this has something to do with the miller cycle? indeed, can`t find any info on performance upgrades or something.