Micra Mad Van Man £250!

I do a bit of part time courier work with my van. Always said, if my van packs up, I'd do that with a Micra.
Good shout - or what.

Have a look at picture number 4 and its owner created safety hazards advertised for sale.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/nissan/nissan-micra-/1156876431

The spare wheel and its securing set screw bolt are both visibly loose and insecure with seats removed for use as a van lacking a safety restraining barrier cage?

An example of improvised declared incorrect use & owner modifications to a passenger car creating an unintended unsafe situation for himself and other road users in the event of a shunt or rollover!

This breach of vehicle construction and use regulations would almost certainly render vehicle registration type approval and motor insurance invalid?

Last edited:
Its not a van. Simply a Micra with seats removed. I've temporarily removed front/rear seats many times in all my vehicles to aid carrying strange loads.

Op mentions the dangers of the vehicle in this condition - spare wheel not secured is agreed not a great idea but is hardly any more dangerous then if it still had an interior - rear seats aren't a bulkhead, any heavy item unrestrained will burst into the passenger area in a shunt.
Unless its details have been updated by DVLA its still a 5seat car but with seats removed at present!

Additional. Not all vans have bulkheads or other devices to protect the driver - hijet vans for example.

Back