Micra Keyless fob

My wifes imported March/Micra has just one quirky 'skeleton' key.
We went to the main dealers today to get a second one cut and found out that the odd shape is due to the fact that in Japan, it would fit inside an electronic fob which will then make it 'keyless'.
This makes sense of the small rubber buttons on all door handles and rear hatch which are obviously there for a purpose.
Unfortunately, the only info we have is in Japanese!
Nissan want to charge us £100 for the fob, £50 for sorting out the code plus £10 for the key. All this plus VAT of course.
If all this does is provide her with keyless ignition/entry she's happy to save £200 and stay with a plain old key.
So my first question is; can anyone tell me if the fob also actuates an alarm or immobiliser? (The immobiliser that was fitted to get it through the IVA is pretty finicky to use and I'd be happy to replace it with a factory fitted one (if there is one).
Secondly; does anyone know if

• I can get a fob cheaper from somewhere else and
  • Does the car have to go to the dealership to get coded?
Cheers

I got my brand new second keyless fob from Ebay for 10 pounds included shipping, but it comes without metal key, it would cost another 19 pounds from Ebay.

here is an instruction how to program Micra intelligent key I listed it below, I found it on internet, but haven't done that yet, if you want to try the risk you are on your own, I thought better to see a auto locksmith before do that.

Instructions
Step 1
The first step is to actually get the remotes. If you already have the remotes, proceed to step 2. If you do not, get on eBay and find the remotes for your year and model Nissan. You can usually get them for about $50 a pair, shipped. This is at least half of what the dealer will charge you.

Step 2
Open the drivers side door of the vehicle and get in the vehicle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the drivers side door to lock all the doors.

Step 3
Insert your key into the ignition and remove it at least 6 times. It may take up to 10 times. This needs to be done in a good pace, but not too fast. At least 6 times within 10 seconds is about right. If you have done it right, you will see the hazard lights flash twice.

Step 4
Once you see the hazard lights flash twice, the car is now in program mode. Insert the key back into the ignition and turn it to ACC. Push any button on your keyless entry FOB remote ONCE. This should be done within 5 seconds of turning the key to ACC. You should notice your hazards flash again. If you have another remote to program proceed to step 5, otherwise turn the key off and remove it. The remote should now be programmed.

Step 5
If you have another keyless entry remote to program unlock the door with the drivers side power lock and then lock them again. Press any button on the next remote. Turn the key back to the original position and remove the key. The remotes should now be programmed.

step 6
Remove the key, unlock the driver's side door and then open and close to exit programming mode.

make sure get a latest version fob, it's easy to fix a metal key in and has a small click lock on the cover.

Keyfob-1.jpg

Keyfob-2.jpg

OP
OP
B
I got my brand new second keyless fob from Ebay for 10 pounds included shipping, but it comes without metal key, it would cost another 19 pounds from Ebay.

Thanks Superben. I'm straight off to eBay to search for the fob.
I'll let you know what happens.

andy_con

Club Member (Trial)
has anyone actually tried this and got it to work?

i couldnt even get the car into program mode!

im assuming i use the original key and fob to put the car into program mode?

here is an instruction how to program Micra intelligent key I listed it below, I found it on internet, but haven't done that yet, if you want to try the risk you are on your own, I thought better to see a auto locksmith before do that.

Instructions
Step 1
The first step is to actually get the remotes. If you already have the remotes, proceed to step 2. If you do not, get on eBay and find the remotes for your year and model Nissan. You can usually get them for about $50 a pair, shipped. This is at least half of what the dealer will charge you.

Step 2
Open the drivers side door of the vehicle and get in the vehicle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the drivers side door to lock all the doors.

Step 3
Insert your key into the ignition and remove it at least 6 times. It may take up to 10 times. This needs to be done in a good pace, but not too fast. At least 6 times within 10 seconds is about right. If you have done it right, you will see the hazard lights flash twice.

Step 4
Once you see the hazard lights flash twice, the car is now in program mode. Insert the key back into the ignition and turn it to ACC. Push any button on your keyless entry FOB remote ONCE. This should be done within 5 seconds of turning the key to ACC. You should notice your hazards flash again. If you have another remote to program proceed to step 5, otherwise turn the key off and remove it. The remote should now be programmed.

Step 5
If you have another keyless entry remote to program unlock the door with the drivers side power lock and then lock them again. Press any button on the next remote. Turn the key back to the original position and remove the key. The remotes should now be programmed.

step 6
Remove the key, unlock the driver's side door and then open and close to exit programming mode.

I've tried to get my 2005 Micra SE keyless ignition into program mode but can't get the hazards to flash and haven't had any luck. My Micra came with only one key fob (the folding type) and I'm looking for the cheapest option for a spare key. Bought one of the blank ones from eBay (the square type with the key sticking out but that won't go in the ignition so no point getting it cut. Thoughts anyone?