Micra K12 Xenons

Xenons with or without projectors on k12?

• Total voters
Was wondering if anyone has fitted any xenons?
Was looking to fit some but dont want to without the projectors as the beam would be blinding !
Many people in my area have fitted them to various cars without projectors and its very annoying and causes a lot of distraction when driving at night, just completely blinds me whether they're driving behind or infront !
Anyone fitted any with projectors ? and how much ?
Ive currently changed my stock yellow bulbs to 55w blue, although the colour is MUCH better than the stock yellow, they are not bright at all :( !

i need help on this aswell i changed mine to 55w blues aswell they look real nice but crap for night driving which i do alot of so had to put old ones back in

if you change them to proper xenons without projectors and self leveling suspension they are illegal and a new mot fail coming either this april or already here, but no one really cares to much. You should run them with projectors though, makes it less bait and stops blinding other road users

hhhmmmm looks like im going to have to keep standard bulbs for now then dont wanna fail mot and daint wanna blind other drivers especially if one of them could be police lol

From what I gather the k12 doesn't. Come with projectors
A friend of mines uncle does hid kits and xenons. He said projectors are very expensive to buy and especially to fit in headlights that don't have them. He also said if the right xenon kit is fitted and adjusted properly it won't cause any problems or nuisance. But I still wouldn't risk it lol

Greetings from The Land of The Finns!
This might sound awkward, have you ever actually washed your headlights from inside? With time rain and all the grime from the roads ends up to reflection surface, making layer of dirt. The rubber grommet around bulb doesn't keep dirt entering to inside of headlight. I have rinsed my headlights, both Harley's and Camaro's every autumn with warm water and mild liquid dish wash soap. DO NOT use any kind mechanical cleaning, to avoid scratching inside reflection surface of headlight.
Other "old school" trick to brighten ones headlights is run power through thicker cables & relays and don't forget fuses. Thin cables found on modern vehicles due cost savings, causes sometimes dim headlights.

-Mika-

I have a set of 6000k fitted, and i have switch the head light aim a lot more lower, and they working fine, not annoying ppl at all.

if ever there was a complete headlamp for the k12 inclusive of hid bulbs in projectors with angel eyes around it.

i have found bi xenon projector lens but not complete headlamp.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but Osram Nightbreakers are well cheap on eBay (you get two for the price of 1 of anything from Halfrauds) and they double your headlights effectiveness :).

Last year I bought a pair of almost scrap headlight, from a right hand drive car (I live in Hungary, and you can't use rhd lamps here... so it was very cheap). The lamps were oxidised beyond imaginaition, but the "glass" part was not broken nor scratched harshly, so I bought them for around 10pounds. Then I bought a pair of aftermarket bi-xenon projectors, that fit H4 housings, and use H1 bulbs (for around 60pounds). I also used some black paint, masking tape and gasket maker for glue.
First I sanded and polished the matted headlights back to factory transparency. Then baked the headlight, and took the lens off the body, I painted some parts of the headlight housing matte black (should have done gloss black). Then just "legod" the thing together, the adaptor for the projector went on as the h4 bulbs used to. Glued the lens back on, with black gasket maker.
This whole thing could have been done in one day, well I did it in around a year o_Oo_O When I first installed it, I used a wrong kind of glue, and the heat melted it. Then I bought an mx-5 which had an MOT due in 3months, so I couldn't work on the Micra for this time. then another glued part gave in, so I had totake them apart again.
Now I use them with h1 led bulbs, it gives significantly more light then the stock reflector halogens did. But just for the brightness it wasn't worth the fuss...... BUT!!! since it is a bi-led setup, the beam pattern is amazingly satisfying, and when you hit the high beams ??? it's like you are sitting in a modern luxury car ? This was one of the most useful mods that I have ever done to a car. If using the right glue, and techniques, it is an easy and cheap mod. I highly advise anyone who tries this, to have a spare headlight, if your glues gives in too, and you can't redo it immediately.
On the night photo I was using halogens, whilst on the others the leds were installed(they are white to the eye, not blue like on the pictures)
BTW a set of spider led fogs are on their way to finish up the front end of the little city-go-er.
57244695_311297389565645_1927558275650289664_n.jpg

Attachments

• DOC_2219.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 199
  • DOC_2271.jpg
    13.8 MB · Views: 195
  • DOC_2353.jpg
    10.2 MB · Views: 193
Back