Micra K12 Wiring Adapter not needed - but whats the green connector?

E

Easter

Hi,

I've just fitted a new car stereo into the misses's new style Micra, and it turns out it doesn't need a wiring adapter. I think this means that the Micra has ISO connectors. I'm new to this, so correct me if I'm wrong!

The wiring coming out of the Micra to plug into the stereo looked like this:

micrak12audioconnector23ka.jpg

and plugged directly into the connector coming out of the car stereo:
connectoroncarstereo8tk.jpg

But does anyone know what the blue/green/yellow connector does? It was plugged into the stock stereo, and only three pins on the green have connectors.

Cheers to Dave/Micraman for the fantastic guide at http://www.micra.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-449.html, I couldn't have done it without it!

Ian :grinning:

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
They are Blaupunkt adapters, the yellow is for connection to an external amp, blue is for a cd changer/ ipod adapter. The green is for a mobile phone kit and remote control.

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
Fordy said:
it might have the same adapters but it might do different things as the micra dont have blaupunkt stereos

but you will need the iso adapter

How did you mannage to edit your post to remove your first statment without the edit post flag showing? I can see why you would remove it tho as, while the HU in the k12 micra might not be branded with the blaupunkt name it is a blaupunkt unit. :laugh: :doh:

Oh and he wont need an iso adapter, if your read Easters post he had already got the HU in and working because the K12 uses iso plugs.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
masterbiker said:
I can see why you would remove it tho as, while the HU in the k12 micra might not be branded with the blaupunkt name it is a blaupunkt unit. :laugh: :doh:

Oh and he wont need an iso adapter, if your read Easters post he had already got the HU in and working because the K12 uses iso plugs.

yer i had a moment of stupidness as most nissan radios are blaupunkt or clarion but i didnt know that you wouldnt need an adapter i guess you learn something new everyday

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
Easter said:
Thanks chaps for the info. It was a Blaupunkt stereo, still don't know why there was the mobile phone kit/remote control wired into the stereo and no phone kit/remote control in the car! Ho hum.

And if anyone wants the ISO adapter I bought, it's currently on ebay. Go one, grab a bargin:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5834769330

Easter :)

You can get a phone kit for the stock hu, i think. I guess its just cheaper to keep the same kind of backing plate rather than make some new ones.

Where do they lead to in the end? I Just fitted a sony bluetooth hu and a md multichanger *oldschool* lol could I have optimised the use of the coloured block connector for any of that?

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
Talk about resurrecting an old threat, 9 years old...

But you probably could have used the wiring, but I haven;t had a Micra in 8 years now, so I have no clue where the CD changer cables would go too. You would have had to cut the connectors off to connect to the Sony HU and the same for the CD changer.

I ggogle searched micra blue yellow and green block connector,and this was the first hit. Was just curious as to what the connector was for. Don't think there's even anything in the original micra book about a changer,so na no idea either where the cables go to.