Micra K12 Rear Wiper Not Working

Hi, on my wife's Micra, the rear wiper has stopped working. Looked at the fusebox but cant locate a fuse relating to the rear wiper.

Can someone help me locating the fuse for rear wiper? Or is it the case of wiper motor gone bad?

Thanks

We had an issue with our rear wiper not working after a service, which was quite odd as they did not mention it being a problem. I checked the fuses and they were fine. For some reason I decided to disconnect the battery to try and reset it. Did the trick, but make sure you have the radio code! All I could assume is that there must be some sort of wiper motor protection (it’s a French component). They must have done it when they washed the car.

OP
OP
P
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Actually, the problem started after service so it may be the similar problem to what you had. I will try to do the same. Will let you know the result.

I know it's an old thread but I had the same problem today. Disconnected the battery for just a few seconds, all good and didnt need the radio code. :)

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Resurrecting this thread :). This should be a 'sticky' for anyone with a K12 that has had the rear wiper stop working!
Mine suddenly stopped yesterday, and after all of the usual checks on fuses etc and going through the K12 workshop manual, which showed the most complicated fault detection route for the rear windscreen wiper operation :(, all to no avail, other than to determine that the wiper is controlled by the CAN bus.
I reverted to googling 'Micra K12 rear windscreen wiper stopped working' and it bought me to this thread.
As indicated by feedback on here, disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds has restored full operation of the rear wiper (and I didn't have to reset the radio code either) :cool:.
I add that I had previously plugged in my generic OBDII reader, which showed no fault codes.
I wonder how many K12 owners, in the past with this problem, have been ripped off by garages, claiming to have 'fixed' the rear wiper at great expense? :mad:

Last edited:
Just had the same problem on our 2005 K12 SVE. Rear wiper worked fine one day and yesterday it did not. Read this forum and decided o work methodically through all the fuses and then if no luck then pull the battery lead. Only problem was that we recently bought it to replace the one we have had for a long time and the only thing missing in a very complete set of documents and receipts was of course the radio code card. Not wanting to risk losing the radio code and ending up at our Nissan Main agent who really know how to stripe customers up with their not so very good technical "technicians" who just seem to flounder and swap bits until they get lucky, I had a real good look at the main fuse box under the bonnet next to the battery. I could not find either on the internal fuse box or the one under the bonnet any reference to the wipers front or back whatsoever. But, referencing the helpful answers above I did find a main 40amp fuse under the bonnet marked BCM. From what I have read on the forum I took this to mean Body Control Module and took a punt that removing this 40amp fusemight remove the power from the BCM and cause it to reset when I put it back without killing all systems dead by removing the battery lead. It worked. I turned on the ignition and heard an audible clicking from the area behind the centre console where the BCM is located and hey presto the rear wiper worked fine and no loss of radio code. Hope this may help someone else in the future.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Just had the same problem on our 2005 K12 SVE. Rear wiper worked fine one day and yesterday it did not. Read this forum and decided o work methodically through all the fuses and then if no luck then pull the battery lead. Only problem was that we recently bought it to replace the one we have had for a long time and the only thing missing in a very complete set of documents and receipts was of course the radio code card. Not wanting to risk losing the radio code and ending up at our Nissan Main agent who really know how to stripe customers up with their not so very good technical "technicians" who just seem to flounder and swap bits until they get lucky, I had a real good look at the main fuse box under the bonnet next to the battery. I could not find either on the internal fuse box or the one under the bonnet any reference to the wipers front or back whatsoever. But, referencing the helpful answers above I did find a main 40amp fuse under the bonnet marked BCM. From what I have read on the forum I took this to mean Body Control Module and took a punt that removing this 40amp fusemight remove the power from the BCM and cause it to reset when I put it back without killing all systems dead by removing the battery lead. It worked. I turned on the ignition and heard an audible clicking from the area behind the centre console where the BCM is located and hey presto the rear wiper worked fine and no loss of radio code. Hope this may help someone else in the future.
Was the fuse in the box in front of the battery or the module under the N/S headlight? If you want the radio unlock code, post the serial number of the radio on the K12 radiocode thread and as long as the number starts with 'BP', followed by twelve numbers and is NOT one of the very late sat-nav models I will provide you with the code....

Hi John. Thanks for the helpful advice and response that's very nice of you. Ours does not have the satnav, just the standard radio and multidisc player. The 40amp fuse was in the fuse case loctaed in front of the battery.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Hi John. Thanks for the helpful advice and response that's very nice of you. Ours does not have the satnav, just the standard radio and multidisc player. The 40amp fuse was in the fuse case loctaed in front of the battery.
Same setup as mine. I can definitely get the code for you on the multi CD player unit, but you will have to remove it from the dash to get the serial number off of the side/back, plenty of Youtube videos on line to show you how.....

Thanks John. I have seen the Youtube videos. I don't propose to pull it all out unless I need to and we may yet be getting the radio card and code from the previous owner. We only got it a week ago to replace our last one but if I need a code you will be my first port of call. Thanks.

Same here. The wife's rear wiper stopped working a week after a service .Did a google, found this thread, disconnected earth lead from battery for 30 secs. and now her rear is being wiped as it always was.
Was beginning to suspect dealers had been swopping bits as it the 3rd time we have had problems within weeks of a dealer service-- crankshaft sensor twice, and now this. Perhaps is just coincidence. Who knows ?

Was the fuse in the box in front of the battery or the module under the N/S headlight? If you want the radio unlock code, post the serial number of the radio on the K12 radiocode thread and as long as the number starts with 'BP', followed by twelve numbers and is NOT one of the very late sat-nav models I will provide you with the code....
Hi John, my daughter has just acquired a Micra K12 and it has the (usual?!?) plethora of probs - grinding door lock mechanism (fixed by pushing in protruding pin); boot opening when ignition key inserted but lock mechanism/switch not working (ordered new lock, swapped); rear wiper missing (TBC); and no radio code......
Actually, there was no power to the radio but then when i took it out to check the serial number and check the fuses, it is now working again....happy days! Now i need the code.... the serial number is BP536258410539 - are yo able to provide the code for me please?
Thanks

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Hi John, my daughter has just acquired a Micra K12 and it has the (usual?!?) plethora of probs - grinding door lock mechanism (fixed by pushing in protruding pin); boot opening when ignition key inserted but lock mechanism/switch not working (ordered new lock, swapped); rear wiper missing (TBC); and no radio code......
Actually, there was no power to the radio but then when i took it out to check the serial number and check the fuses, it is now working again....happy days! Now i need the code.... the serial number is BP536258410539 - are yo able to provide the code for me please?
Thanks
Hi, try 4117 or if that fails 0117.......;

Hi, try 4117 or if that fails 0117.......;
Hi, i'm not sure whether you have encountered this issue before but after i input the code, the 'enter' button (scan up) doesn't seem to work... so in effect i can't seem to actually input the code....... is there another way to press enter, so to speak?