micra k12 headlight problem help needed please.

looking for some help regarding both front micra k12 headlights.

i Recently headlight fitted a new headlight (from scrapyard), after fitting this headlight i found the headlight aim to be out on both sides so i took it to my local mechanic to adjust the headlight aim.

after he looked at it he told me that he was unable to adjust the headlights on either side as the motor level adjusters were not working.and advised me to buy new headlights with new motors.

After getting home i tried the motor adjuster from the switch inside the car and he was right the headlight aim was not moving up or down when going from 0 1 2 or 3.

a friend of mine then told me that the headlights could be ajusted manually by turning the black screws on the back of the headlights. i had this done by a different mechanic - who told me that the electric adjusters not working was not an issue at all when it comes to beam allignment.

however , 3 weeks later the headlights are now pointing too low once again. i cannot adjust them with the electric adjuster and im not really sure whether its worth adjusting them manually if they are gonna keep losing aim every couple of weeks..

i have noticed that i can hear the electric motor working when i scroll from 0 to 3 however.. it is having no effect on the aim level...

do i need new headlights,new adjustor motors?? any help is greatly appreciated

Take off the headlight, and check if the motor is attached to the mirror inside. The headlight is held by two 10 mm screws, and a phillips one.
On the bach of the healight, rotate the motor anti-clockwise to take it off. If you can separate it from the headlight body, then your motor isn't attached to the headlight, and is not driving it. You will need to reatache the motor to the mirror inside. Tricky, but it can be done.
Also, you will see a black plastic screw that should also be attached to the mirror inside. That black screw adjusts the mirrors up-and-down.
Once both attached to the mirror inside, fit the headlight back on the car, and park the car 3 meters facing a wall, so you can see the light.
Now, set the headlights on 3, from inside adjuster. Under the hood, on the electric motor you will find a white negative screw(you can use your fingers to turn it). Rotate it and find the middle position for it. After that, rotate the black screw on the back of the headlight to adjust your light beam.
Hope it helped.
Sorry for my english, as i am Romanian

OP
OP
P
Take off the headlight, and check if the motor is attached to the mirror inside. The headlight is held by two 10 mm screws, and a phillips one.
On the bach of the healight, rotate the motor anti-clockwise to take it off. If you can separate it from the headlight body, then your motor isn't attached to the headlight, and is not driving it. You will need to reatache the motor to the mirror inside. Tricky, but it can be done.
Also, you will see a black plastic screw that should also be attached to the mirror inside. That black screw adjusts the mirrors up-and-down.
Once both attached to the mirror inside, fit the headlight back on the car, and park the car 3 meters facing a wall, so you can see the light.
Now, set the headlights on 3, from inside adjuster. Under the hood, on the electric motor you will find a white negative screw(you can use your fingers to turn it). Rotate it and find the middle position for it. After that, rotate the black screw on the back of the headlight to adjust your light beam.
Hope it helped.
Sorry for my english, as i am Romanian

hi . thank your for the reply. the motors seperate from the headlight body when turned anti clockwise... this is how you take them off isnt it? they are not supposed to be fixed permanently to the headlight ?

i have previously removed the motors from the headlight unit and tested them using the switch inside car. they seem to be working perfectly..

The only time they dont work is when they are in the back of the headlights.

how can i reattach them to the mirrors inside ? this seems basically impossible to me without actually disassembling the headlight altogether.

will adjusting the mirrors with the black screws make it possible somehow for the motors to engage properly ?

The motor should remain attached after you rotate it. You can reattach the motor by removing the lightbulb first, and then insert your finger inside. With your finger in, pull the mirror and hold it. Unscrew the black screw, and you will feel the mirror moving as you unscrew it. That is how you adjust the headlight when it is fixed on the car. If you cannot feel the mirror moving, that means the black screw is not attached to the mirror, and you will have to solve that first.

Now, with the black screw maximum unscrewed, try to insert the motor and slide it into possition... do not try to push it in. The motor has a short stick that goes into the headlight. That stick has a rounded head that needs to be inserted into its place from one side. Do not push it.

Its a little tricky, but you can do it

KISS
keep
it
simple
stupid

I had the same issue.

Step 1: Remove head light bulb.

Step: 2 : Remove the head light adjuster switch ( from the back of the headlight ).

Step 3: unscrew the black plastic screw below the switch you have just removed. ( Ie : Towards You outward. *NOT Inwards into the light fitting.

Setp 4: Now stick your finger into the headlight hole and push the lever towards you until the is no movement. Now put the headlight adjuster switch in, you my need to manoeuvre it about a bit to get it to connect with the leaver you Pushed towards you.

Love peace and chicken grease 🤤

Any questions feel free to ask.

Gavin