micra k12 1.4 loss of acceleration when headlights turned on

I have a problem, when driving during daytime with headlights off, my car drives normal and pulls in every gear as expected. Then as soon as you switch on the headlights, the acceleration feels very sluggish even in low gears. However whilst driving and you switch off the headlights, immediately its back to normal and you feel that kick in the acceleration pedal and then when you switch on the headlight again the problem appears with sluggish acceleration and no pull in each gears.

Am confused and this needs to be sorted out. Just replaced battery from euro car parts.

Anyone have similar problem.

Thanks

I have a problem, when driving during daytime with headlights off, my car drives normal and pulls in every gear as expected. Then as soon as you switch on the headlights, the acceleration feels very sluggish even in low gears. However whilst driving and you switch off the headlights, immediately its back to normal and you feel that kick in the acceleration pedal and then when you switch on the headlight again the problem appears with sluggish acceleration and no pull in each gears.

Am confused and this needs to be sorted out. Just replaced battery from euro car parts.

Anyone have similar problem

Thanks

apparently yes :) http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/very-slow-acceleration-k12.59307/

Hello Frank and thanks for the quick response, i checked the link which you posted and followed the procedure of removing the rear o/s top bulb and the drove the car and still no luck.

i will disconnect the rear o/s light completly and take it for a drive to see if it makes a difference and if so i can replace it.

If not i will try same procedure with n/s rear light to see if it sorts the problem. If not then i give and will have it inspected by an electrician.

its a pain with this problem after sunset when you need the lights on but daytime no problem.

Am not getting any lights on dashboard and car has just a service, new battery and alternator is fine when checked at garage.

Thanks for your help.

Just an update,; after some trial and error with the rear lights. I found that the n/s rear tail/break light bulb was not correctly sat in its holder.

Once I removed and refitted the bulb, its cured the problem.

Anyone else who experiences the same problem that I was having, check all bulbs in both rear lights and make sure they fitted correctly and not blown.

Am very happy I got this sorted.

Finally.

Thanks too those who helped and pointed me in the right direction.

I had this problem, i replaced my rear brake lights and kept losing power! Turns out i had the wrong fittment and my car thought it was always braking. (Whoops) Soo clever for working at a car part distribution company haha :)

I had this problem, i replaced my rear brake lights and kept losing power! Turns out i had the wrong fittment and my car thought it was always braking. (Whoops) Soo clever for working at a car part distribution company haha :)

Hi there, glad you have it sorted as its a pain having loss of acceleration.
Not sure why it does that, very silly.

Take Care.

Back