Micra K11 with folding roof?

Hello guys, I am new here. Aspiring owner of K11. Have you ever seen this? I would very much like to buy this one but I am worried I won't be able to find other roof if this one gets damaged or something. Thanks for responses!

xz9y6jA.jpg

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Wow! I’ve not seen one of those before!
Possibly only sold overseas. Maybe @Andy5077 can help, he has an extensive knowledge of optional extras!

OP
OP
E

Eru

Thanks, if Staff member of the forum have not seen this, then I am probably screwed :D Fyi: this car is in Slovakia (same as me) but was imported from Italy a few years back.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Thanks, if Staff member of the forum have not seen this, then I am probably screwed :D Fyi: this car is in Slovakia (same as me) but was imported from Italy a few years back.
Doesn’t mean you’re screwed, just means I don’t know everything :D

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Perhaps they were just another forgotten1980s fad that did not stand the test of functional usefulness over time?
Shame really, they look awesome.
Probably too many of them not done properly leaked and caused all sorts of issues ..

OP
OP
E

Eru

That's exactly why I ask. I want to buy Micra for daily use and it would be always parked outside, the garage is occupied by my MR2. So of course I am worried about leaks and such and wondering if I can buy the roof elsewhere if needed.

That's exactly why I ask. I want to buy Micra for daily use and it would be always parked outside, the garage is occupied by my MR2. So of course I am worried about leaks and such and wondering if I can buy the roof elsewhere if needed.

Rationally for a practical cheap & cheerful 15 year old daily runabout, troublesome folding canvas roof flaps are best avoided?

You may take advantage of other owner driver’s real experiences & costs of fold up roof flap repairs via the following references;

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/keywords/?word=folding+roofs

http://www.thetrimmingcentre.co.uk/tudor-webasto-coachbuilt-sunroofs

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=F...x-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=m94aWoHlA7PP8Ae4saf4Aw

Last edited:

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Update, found this photo from Hungary. About to speak to the guy to find out if it was factory.

Edit: yes, this was factory, it’s electric too!!
Must have only been for the European markets.

Attachments

• 79AD02E2-1862-4385-9428-FB1C3C3E45B4.jpeg
    79AD02E2-1862-4385-9428-FB1C3C3E45B4.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
hi, just joined, in Germany and ours has the same. It's a webasto Hollandia 400 roof, probably fitted by the importer. Unfortunately ours is broke and somebody has screwed it down ! but I'll be on the look out for a replacemnet in ebay or whereever because other than that it's nice. We test drove one car with it working and I thought it might be a nice thing to have as my wifes last car was a targa with electric rear window (Honda de sol).