Micra K11 Pollen Filter Replacement - How?

I have just serviced my sisters 2002 Micra 1.0 Tempest, however I wanted to make sure my approach is correct for the pollen filter (it's placement/access being quite unique).

I pulled the glovebox off and the haynes manual says that I need to cut the perforated lines going down, I have found what I think to be the lines but they are very thick? and don't appear to be the kind you could easily cut with a stanley knife?

Then you need to buy a service replacement panel from nissan?....really?

Does anyone have a step by step guide, even better with pictures, as I dont really want to be chopping bits of her car that I shouldnt.

The way I approached it was to pull the box of where the filter located, out from behind the glovebox, you have to pull the box down to the floor well. Once out, its just a matter of pulling the filter out and replacing it with a new one. I've done this already on my 98' K11, though I didnt change the filter, I was just curious on how to do it without having to cut the plastic lines.

OP
OP
V
Thanks both, there appears to be a few different revisions of the filter shroud.

This is the one I am working on

For some reason I can't access that second link as apparently I have no permissions, also unable to retrieve via a forum search :(.

Could you possibly cut and paste the details? Thanks :D

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
Its in a members only section and paying the membership fee will gain you access. I would cut and paste but its frowned upon :(

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
You can cut a part of that plate to allow you to remove the pollen filter
Once you finish,use some bracket and bolts or screws to secure the panel

Just done mine today,I removed the glove box lid,the heater blower housing and the housing that carries the pollen filter and heater matrix is in front of you,the back wall of the glove box is blocking access to the filter,I cut from one hole to the next on the left only,the bracket hinges enough to get the filter changed with out cutting the piece out,I did mark the cable for the recirculation flap in relation to its securing clip before I removed it out of the way,a 70mm X 30mm piece of metal with two holes drilled in it on the bench was held in place and the plastic drilled and bolted to it to secure it.
Trying to post a link to a picture.
Jim
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss188/AJKby/PollenFilter1.jpg
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss188/AJKby/PollenFilter2.jpg

I am thinking of getting mine sorted, I have got a few questions though

Once the glovebox out and having cut on the perforated plastic, what do I do?

Is the filter sealed in (with a sealant) or secured in (with some fasteners)?
Can the filter be cleaned or should it be replaced?

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Is the pollen filter just to filter or am I being dumb!?

I don't suffer from hayfever ;) but is there any gains to be made in removing it?

Pollen filter does exactly what it says on the tin. It filters the air coming into the car and helps cut on various things such as fumes and bugs and other things.

I am thinking of getting mine sorted, I have got a few questions though

Once the glovebox out and having cut on the perforated plastic, what do I do?

Is the filter sealed in (with a sealant) or secured in (with some fasteners)?
Can the filter be cleaned or should it be replaced?

The filter is help on be a screw on the bottom and a clip on the top or vice versa. They can be cleaned but it easier in the long run just to replace i got mine on ebay for £12

My car has got A/c and i am very sure the pollen filter has never been changed.
The pics kindly supplied by Comvec are not very useful to me as mine is different to his. Mine is the same as V6Matt.
I have attached a pic

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n540/star_field/Nissan Micra K11/P4210098.jpg

Has anybody replaced the filter on my type?

Mine looks identical to yours I cut the perforated lines/hole with a soldering iron and then the filter was held on with a screw on the bottom and a clip on the tip and it just slid out.
hope it helps.

The way I approached it was to pull the box of where the filter located, out from behind the glovebox, you have to pull the box down to the floor well. Once out, its just a matter of pulling the filter out and replacing it with a new one. I've done this already on my 98' K11, though I didnt change the filter, I was just curious on how to do it without having to cut the plastic lines.
I want to know how you have done it to remove the air filter compartment, please help me...

Car Details
Micra 1.0 s
2002 reg

Is it possible that mine doesn't have a pollen filter? I mean it has air con but I cant seem to find the pollen filter where it is meant to be...........am I missing something?

attached are few pictures I have taken.

Attachments

• IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    556 KB · Views: 2,528
  • IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    529.7 KB · Views: 4,106
  • IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    563.2 KB · Views: 2,314
  • IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    622.8 KB · Views: 2,769
  • IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    779.2 KB · Views: 5,810
  • IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    695.8 KB · Views: 2,402
  • IMG_1368.JPG
    IMG_1368.JPG
    702.2 KB · Views: 7,615
Car Details
Micra 1.0 s
2002 reg

Is it possible that mine doesn't have a pollen filter? I mean it has air con but I cant seem to find the pollen filter where it is meant to be...........am I missing something?

Mate i have the same car and havent found a way to change it yet

Weird, if it's meant to be behind that thin strip that slides out, as I have nothing there. No AC either. Then again I think I have a unique model that Nissan threw together with all the spare parts.

Weird, if it's meant to be behind that thin strip that slides out, as I have nothing there. No AC either. Then again I think I have a unique model that Nissan threw together with all the spare parts.

Did you cut that plastic thingy? I also have K11 1.4 x reg (2000) without the AC and the pollen filter if hidden behind the plastic in pic 1

Did you cut that plastic thingy? I also have K11 1.4 x reg (2000) without the AC and the pollen filter if hidden behind the plastic in pic 1
The part everyone else has been cutting out? No, I had the entire dashboard out.
There's a tall black strip that slides off (attached by a metal clip) but it's empty in there. At least I think. I'm going to have another look tomorrow when it's light. There might have been a filter in a different location.

Car Details
Micra 1.0 s
2002 reg

I've got a 1999 Nissan Micra and just done the same thing!! Cut mine and looks like yours. No opening to fit new filter!!!

I've got a 1999 Nissan Micra and just done the same thing!! Cut mine and looks like yours. No opening to fit new filter!!!
I've got a 2002 K11 and I have the same thing. There is a filter but I don't know if it possible to change it. I removed the clip and screw (IMG_1364.JPG ). I couldn't open entirely for the moment. However, I saw a large filter inside the box.

Hello

I have a 2001 1.0 with AC, but with the same situation like the others, no opening for the pollen filter. As far as I know, if there is AC, there must be also a pollen filter, right? If yes, where did you found it, and how did you change it?
Thanks.

Attachments

• FB892BE5-8B6F-4BEF-99F4-85E6DAA7E637.jpeg
    FB892BE5-8B6F-4BEF-99F4-85E6DAA7E637.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 185