micra k11 1.3 super s

pritz

Site Supporter
i can drive my micra for like 20-30mins and then the car will cut off and wont start, once the car has completely cooled down it will start again mostly the next day. I have already changed the throttle body and distributor still no luck

can anyone help thanks

whats the chances the t/b could be a duff aswell............or the dizzy... when it does run whats it like

its runs fine when its working then it cuts out, is the ignition module in the dizzy? because ive change the whole distributor not just the cap

am no expert but i would try and get a known working t/b and see if that makes a difference. if it was the dizzy at fault it wouldnt start at all would it?

( am just guessing here ) but!!! what about the ignition coil on the dizzy if that was at fault would give the same symtems

actually the reason i said the two parts i did was because these two both operate completely normal until they get a bit hot then they start to malfunction causing missfiring then spluttering then death! usually after its all cooled down again theyll work for a little while again.
ignition module is inside the dizzy on most cars, ive changed 100s on civics of old, and again speaking from civic experience the relay i talk of is alway close to the ignition, on a civic its bolted on the right hand side of the drivers footwell just above the carpet, itll have one plug and be about the size of a celerbrations dairy milk:grinning:
the reason the heat plays a part is the solder joins get dry and if you look carefully youll see a very light circle in the solder this is a dry joint and once the right amount of heat gets to it, it will separate breaking the circuit. all you have to do is get a soldering iron make the solder go runny again then let is harden dada done. i believe there is a control unit on the side of the t/b on a k11? the solders may have gone off in there check it out and let us know

4 posts nominating t/b or dizzy and the original post says he already changed them both fwn
really you need to check if there,s a spark or try a drop of fuel down the t/b when is conks out pritz

4 posts nominating t/b or dizzy and the original post says he already changed them both fwn
really you need to check if there,s a spark or try a drop of fuel down the t/b when is conks out pritz

Changed for what? He doesn't say new ones chances are he's bought knackard 2nd hand parts

well in that case see if theres a main relay, thats gotta be the issue or find the fuel pump relay its the same thing but sometimes called different in different cars check the solders on that

another thing to check is the fuel pump its self, nissans are shocking for #### pumps my s14 has a walbro fitted as mine kept cutting out dues to the origional one giving up the ghost! in fact when tuning a 200sx the first thing they say to change before you consider anything is the pump. next time it does it give the pump houseing a smack see if it kicks up (not scientific but ive solved many issue with the old magic smack)

Back