Micra k10 turbo from finland :)

its now tuned at 0,8 bar and it seems to work fine!! :)
even better is that it seems like it got more power at this boost VS 1,2 bar and with the old setup!!
:D
i have also bougth a go pro black edition

ive had a litle "summer" break but now ive got some inspiration!
my coilovers are starting to fit now!
hoping to do a track test in about 1 1/2 month! and if everyting is working after that im heading to the dyno... :)

and no i have not got any Pictures or go pro films yet!... :(

Just seems rather large
Will make the car very laggy
well.. my opinion is that a 1000cc engine will always be laggy ..
ive noticed that theres so litle NM in that engine that you just have to give it much rev
the only way to get it work! its not the same thing whit a 2,0 l engine!
with my old small turbo i mesured about 1,3bar backpressure at 1,2 bar boost
in the dyno the hp curve dipped strait down in a early stage, the same with nm curve
:)

made a testdrive today with the new coils !! :) and i have now plastick bushings i the rear!
its wery stiff now! next week i take it to work an doo a propper wheel alingment!
:D

Ahvenisto track session done!!

last weekend i tested the micra on the track for the first time and it suprised me how well it handled,only big problem was that the front suspension was way too stiff and front brakes did overheat!!! and a LSD diff would bee great :)...
im upploading a video on youtube rigth now so just waith for it! :p

AND.........

im going to doo a Engine swap this Winter, ive allready bougth a donator pics comming soon..

there is the new engine cg13de :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,000
Just seems rather large
Will make the car very laggy

Work out the airflow from the turbo vs the internal volume of an intercooler and you will see that actually the effect is not NEARLY as bad as you make out...

Work out the airflow from the turbo vs the internal volume of an intercooler and you will see that actually the effect is not NEARLY as bad as you make out...
Yet again I see your finding fault with my comments.
If you look at air flow you'll see that approx 40% of that intercooler isn't used. Refer to basic flow charts of intercooler air for example
From a motorsport perspective its OTT

You have just changed what you said, you said "Will make the car very laggy"[SIC]

I'm not saying its not OTT, I'm not even mentioning how much is "used", I'm commenting on exactly what you said, to which I disagree, because my experience with turbo's differs. I hear comments like this all the time, I've even experimented with it on the dyno.

As a side point, I see quite a lot of your comments picking up things like this on the MSC. I'm interested to know more about what you (personally) have done? Your site doesn't show anything. I guess you have a blog on here somewhere?

As a side point, I see quite a lot of your comments picking up things like this on the MSC. I'm interested to know more about what you (personally) have done? Your site doesn't show anything. I guess you have a blog on here somewhere?[/quote]

i dont understand vhat you want to know???

this engine isnt ready yet not revving enough and not ready tuned spark advance table and so on! with the old setup ive tryed to put a pipe direktly to trottle body didnt make thath much diffrence thath i tought.....
and this Engine will not be worked to the edge because im bulding the cg13de Engine now! :)

You have just changed what you said, you said "Will make the car very laggy"[SIC]

I'm not saying its not OTT, I'm not even mentioning how much is "used", I'm commenting on exactly what you said, to which I disagree, because my experience with turbo's differs. I hear comments like this all the time, I've even experimented with it on the dyno.

As a side point, I see quite a lot of your comments picking up things like this on the MSC. I'm interested to know more about what you (personally) have done? Your site doesn't show anything. I guess you have a blog on here somewhere?
Haven't changed a word to what I've said. 40% of that intercooler wont be used. Therefore the turbo has to fill that void before creating manifold pressure. Ie laggy. Compared to a suitable sized one it will be laggy.

What happens on a dyno is totally different to what happens in the real world. My experience isn't based on dyno graphs produced from one particular gear. Its from real world data. So my results will be totally different to yours. Hence varied opinion
What I've personally done is quite alot. I cant afford to have a fancy up to date website. Even then its only if I get sent the pictures to use. One day I'll get round to it.
I have a couple of blogs on here.

@E34 RRT
I love your progress so far. I do apologise that my opinions and experience has left a sour taste in others mouths and resulted in your thread being tarnished

Keep up the good work :)

What happens on a dyno is totally different to what happens in the real world.

I used to think the same until I first used the dyno. It really is not different to the 'real world'. I record the same temp variations as you do, the same loads etc etc. The only difference with the 'real world' is that variations are more extreme. In order to quantify how well something works or doesn't - you cannot do it on the open road. Conditions are too uncontrolled.

i dont understand vhat you want to know???

this engine isnt ready yet not revving enough and not ready tuned spark advance table and so on! with the old setup ive tryed to put a pipe direktly to trottle body didnt make thath much diffrence thath i tought.....
and this Engine will not be worked to the edge because im bulding the cg13de Engine now! :)[/quote]

E34 RRT, not aimed at you. Yours is the best MA turbo conversion I've ever seen. You may even be making more power than my old one did.

I used to think the same until I first used the dyno. It really is not different to the 'real world'. I record the same temp variations as you do, the same loads etc etc. The only difference with the 'real world' is that variations are more extreme. In order to quantify how well something works or doesn't - you cannot do it on the open road. Conditions are too uncontrolled.
That's exactly why dyno's can't give you the data you need to completely setup a competition car, maybe a track car. But definitely not a rally car. Its too controlled. A dyno gives a power curve based on full load with no wind resistance @ 1g
You can't get the traction slip on a dyno or weight variation or body G force movement. That's why only going out and testing will give the results you need

no new try on the dyno... an this car has been on some break for a few weeks now but soon its gona bee som uppdate time again, because its Winter now and then you should re build :)

and the cg13de(T) build will soon take some action... but first i will build the rollcage an do something about the front brakes..

STAY TUUNED :p

the cg13 engine is now lifted out, and the engine is in the enginestand! as the plan looks now is going to be CP-pistons and PAUTER x-rods
and CATCAMS custom camshafts!!

its going to take time because everyting its custom made rods,pistons,camshafts .... but im going to build exhaust manifold an the engine mountings drive shafts .. and the list go on!! :)

hello long time! havent done anything to the car! does anyone want to buy CG engine camchain kit and upper gasket kit? and i have cg13 exhaust flanges and inlet aluminium flanges!
and if someone wants to buy the old turbokit its for sale inlet manifol (turbo k10 OEM) with 370cc nozles , t3 turbo with downpipes and exhaust manifold!
mske an offer if intrested!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey, I would love to make u offer on the turbo setup but have no idea whereabouts to start with a price, could u pm me a price please? Thanks

Hi

Great car you have there., But i'm wanting to know, if you will sell that steering wheel?, I want to put it on my march turbo, as the march turbo came with that particular steering wheel from factory.
Very hard got but I picked one up few weeks ago but took me.over a year to find an cost me 100euro with out shipping from thiland

hello long time! havent done anything to the car! does anyone want to buy CG engine camchain kit and upper gasket kit? and i have cg13 exhaust flanges and inlet aluminium flanges!
and if someone wants to buy the old turbokit its for sale inlet manifol (turbo k10 OEM) with 370cc nozles , t3 turbo with downpipes and exhaust manifold!
mske an offer if intrested!!!!!
Have you a picture an price for the turbo

Back