Micra K10 suspension?

rustymicra

Ex. Club Member
Hi all I have a Micra K10 1L and was wondering what suspension to fit as my front dampers are shot. I would also like to lower the car so...should I buy replacement micra dampers and lowering springs,or get a set of polo 6n coilovers to mod to fit. If the latter then could anyone recommend a set,I have seen a few sets on eBay but I'm not sure of the quality. Cheers Russ.

I went for a set of KYB gas struts and -35mm lowering springs, low enough for me. Car drove like it was on rails, too low and the suspension doesn't move.. can't do its job properly.

Plus the cheap adjustable coilovers use cheap oil filled dampers with a higher spring rate to compensate. Not what you want.

The Superturbo will be getting quite a unique suspension package though.

pork

Club Member
Have a look at my blog for polo coilivers, got a set from eBay for £169 and they are good, nice and stiff and go stupid low!!

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I'd recommend the KYB/35mm springs setup also!
Feels good! :)

Tryed that on mine along with many others and that was a combination that depends on the spring quailty. If you want the whole package as in , car that sits low handles well and rides perfect it got to be the spax setup that matt humphries makes up, alot of cash but great job, lowering a car with springs is a waste of time unless you are just looking for looks which is ok, some people say "They handle like they are on rails" No they dont , you can get a K10 to handle better at near standard ride height than when really low with proper spring rate and damping and couple of degrees of negative camber and I have proved that with my car

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I know this is the K10 section, but I had a set of Apex springs and KYB dampers on my K11 - the ride was very comfortable, considering it was 90mm below standard. I would recommend that setup in a heartbeat (although maybe without going that low :wasntme:). KYBs just seem to be very good for the price (Y)

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
Without a doubt Baz!
I've been looking for the Spax coilover setup for mine once the engine conversion is done!

What sort of price do they go for?

B210Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Went for Losjofors 35mm springs and KYB excel-g on the girlfriend's LS and it is a very good combination, a bit harder but a great improvement in handling over the original springs/shocks. I know nowt about suspension geometry but this combination seems perfect for both around town and motorway speeds (no wandering at all at 75 mph.)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
i have lowering springs and KYB gas shocks on my '10 ride was still comfortable but it was only a -35mm drop...
Cleanapril7.jpg

Baz

Ex. Club Member
i have lowering springs and KYB gas shocks on my '10 ride was still comfortable but it was only a -35mm drop...
View attachment 19309
The ride can be comfortable alright but on a bumpy back road the dampening isnt really great and sometimes feels like the car is driving you and is not fully in control, on smooth roads they're fine

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
The ride can be comfortable alright but on a bumpy back road the dampening isnt really great and sometimes feels like the car is driving you and is not fully in control, on smooth roads they're fine
to be honest i never had that much trouble with it... wish i had never sold the damn thing now though.... :(

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
I went for KYB gas shocks and Pi 35mm lowering springs. Altogether costs £210. Definitely much much better handling but if I did it again I would look at Monroe gas or oil filed as the ride is a bit too harsh for what I want. Pi springs seem pretty good but their customer service wasn't and took a long time to arrive. When they did they had marks on that looked like they'd already been in spring compressors.

I went for KYB gas shocks and Pi 35mm lowering springs. Altogether costs £210. Definitely much much better handling but if I did it again I would look at Monroe gas or oil filed as the ride is a bit too harsh for what I want. Pi springs seem pretty good but their customer service wasn't and took a long time to arrive. When they did they had marks on that looked like they'd already been in spring compressors.

KYB do oil filled too, the gas are very harsh unfortunately.

Hi all I have a Micra K10 1L and was wondering what suspension to fit as my front dampers are shot. I would also like to lower the car so...should I buy replacement micra dampers and lowering springs,or get a set of polo 6n coilovers to mod to fit. If the latter then could anyone recommend a set,I have seen a few sets on eBay but I'm not sure of the quality. Cheers Russ.
What do you have to do to modify the polo suspension to fit and what coilovers would you go for?