Micra K10 SR20DET Breaking

Batch

Ex. Club Member
All,

The micra 'project' has now been sitting untouched for 5+ years and the sills are pretty much rotten through. I don't think it's worth the risk of welding them up because with 230+ bhp going through the chassis i'm not sure they will take the torque.

I'm therefore breaking the whole car, whole i would want 2K for it, which would get you everything, chassis with SR20DET from a GTI-R fitted and the bodykit, Super S interior, alloys etc. The 'engineering' work is done really, mounts, alignment, driveshafts, front coilovers and Almera GTI brake set up, but there's a LOT of finishing work which needs to be done, clocks wired in, gearbox speed sender, bonnet catch fitting, re-fitting interior carpet and tidying up wiring etc etc.

Or i am willing to split for parts, i've already sold some bits and pieces, but these were parts that were unused when the project was "completed".

I'll fish out all of the pictures from pre, during and post build and take some of the car as it stands, just to give an idea what the car is like now.

Everything is up for grabs so let me know what you might be after and i'll give you an indication how much it would be incl postage, no part too small :)

Details:

Micra K10 LS
3-door
Red (can't for the life of me remember the code)
J-Reg

Parts up for grabs other than standard Micra parts:

• Full bodykit (Front bumper from Renault 5 custom made to fit, needs a tiny bit of filler work on the passenger corner, Rear bumper with saxo diffuser grafted on, need re-painting ideally but might not be noticeable when fitted, Punto sideskirts ready to fit no work required).
  • Bonnet with fiesta RS vents fitted.
  • Rear hatch smoothed to numberplate recess.
  • Fox 6 Evo alloys with Kumho tyres, pretty good condition (tyres need replacing ideally because it has been stood for so long).
  • Mountney steering wheel with snap off kit.
  • Colour coded (Red) center console + clock cowling, could do with a re-spray, can would be fine.
  • Central locking kit (2drs).
  • K10 Super S interior, fabric is in good nick but would need a really good clean due to sitting for so long.
  • 6" Jap Slash Cut Burnt Tip back box, would need welding work to fit standard K10 piping as previously it was welded to a custom exhaust system for GTI-R spec.
  • Autobahn FMIC, not sure of size but was spec'd for a GTI-R so could handle most applications i imagine.
  • GTI-R engine, about 40k miles when removed but unsure of condition of internals, never removed the head to check, seemed to drive ok but 200+ bhp in a micra would feel awesome regardless :)
  • Primera P10 Gearbox from a GT
  • Primera P11 Clutch from a GT
  • Almera GTi Disks and hubs
  • Front height adjustable coilovers GTI-R Spec but adjusted to fit Micra suspension mounts connected to Almera hubs.
  • GTI-R turbo, haven't checked the play but no smoking when it was driven last (5 years!).
  • Standalone tacho (can't remember make but can fit standard K10, will need wiring).
....the list so far, i will continue to add to this when i remember things...i did so much to this car so long ago that i can't remember everything now!

Pictures:

front.jpg

Side.jpg

Rear.jpg

DSC00258-1.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

FullKit.jpg

SideSk.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

A little Fibreglass work needed on corner of front bumper.
Damage.jpg

Video

PM me with any interest or by all means post below.

Thanks for reading.

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Photos of the interior for an interested party.

Excellent condition for age, just need a good clean to bring them up good.

DSCF1901.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

No bolster wear at all...

DSCF1900.jpg

DSCF1899.jpg

Back seats are also in good condition.

DSCF1897.jpg

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Fazman101

I'm afraid i don't have the grill any more...not sure where that went actually...however for the rest of the bodykit, considering condition i would take £200 plus postage....and I imagine the postage would not be cheap due to weight and dimensions...so if it's possible to collect then this would be a much better option...

This kit cost well over £800 to create back in the day, considering it had to be custom made to fit the micra...i don't think i've ever seen a micra with a similar combination of kit items...it's totally unique..

flipside

Exhaust manifold i would like £50 posted.

K11 Gazza.

I can get some pictures of the steering wheel and hub, no problem, however i'm not going to be able to do it until probably Friday night, hope this is ok.

James

Chairman
Wow, hello again Batch! Such a shame the car has ended up going this way! :(

Best of luck with the sale though, hope all is well! :)

James.

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Nismo, from a previous PM i received regarding the engine, this is how I've priced the powerplant and running gear

Engine block alone i'd let go for £500
Engine with manifolds and turbo i'd let go for £650
Engine with manifolds, turbo and FMIC £750
Engine with manifolds, turbo, FMIC, Clutch (Primera P10 GT), Gearbox (Primera P11 GT) and driveshafts (Completely Custom) £900

Hi James,

Yeah it feels good to be back i must admit :)

Always believed it would end this way....when i bought a house and got engaged i knew every penny would be devoted to weddings, DIY and inevitably kids soon....Bugatti Veyron will be my next project.....:(

OP
OP
Batch

Batch

Ex. Club Member
4 hours left on ebay there might be a fully customised micra k10 bodykit....in case anyone wanted some cheap visual upgrades?