micra k10 grill?

hey, i currently have a nissan micra k10 1990, i have been looking at a few earlier models and prefere the 1983-1988 grill would this fit on my car? thanks :)

Nope, it would not. You would need to change the bonnet, headlights & sidelights to make one fit.
The facelift bonnet tapers down to be longer between the headlights, whereas the pre-facelift bonnet has a straight edge.
Pre-facelift parts are quite rare, so if you rally want to retrofit the old style front you'll have to start searching for stuff sooner rather than later. If you decide to use the old style bumpers as well, you'll need to replace the front valance panel with the taller pre-facelift version, or your crossmember will have no protection from road crap & salt.
Actually there are quite a few really smart pre-facelift models up for sale at the mo, might be worth replacing your current motor with a genuine item.

welli am only 15 aha its kind of my own project so its a shame to sell kind of thing but speaking of bumpers do you know any other cars with smaller bumpers which i could fit on as i like smaller bumpers like mk1 golf style. the reason i want smaller ones are because im going for the euro look.

It already has the euro look, it's uk spec init lad lol.

So you're after these kinda parts;
NISSAN_MICRA_83_92_2051191.gif

NISSAN_MICRA_83_92_2051200.gif

l_14_30.jpg

NISSAN_MICRA_83_92_2051101.gif

NISSAN_MICRA_83_92_2051141.gif

If you are doing this as a project for the next few years then there's no rush, why i suggested buying an actual pre-facelift is because it's always easier to get something that's alreadys close to what you want.
These parts, if you can't find 2nd hand or don't want 2nd hand, can be bought new from a company i stumbled across last year. They don't just do k10's, they do all cars & classics.
http://www.clevelandpanels.com/nissan/nissan-micra-83-92.html?p=2

I put one on mine, the only difference is the angle it fits against the headlights, which is hardly noticable, and the bonnet hinges are a little in the way for it to sit flush with the edge of the bonnet. Oh and of course you need to hack the bits off the side of the old grill that's meant to go under the headlights. If you don't mind those little imperfections, dont waste your money on all the other bits :)

This is mine after straight swapping the facelift grill with an older one. Tell me it doesn't fit ;)

snow.jpg

Back