Micra K10 For Sale - Rare 5 door 'Super-S'

edzmen

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,

Its with real regret that I’m having to sell my Micra K10 – due to change in circumstances requiring a more modern car.

I wanted to offer it for MSC members to buy first – I know if I do a trade-in at my local dealership they’ll just send it away for scrap, which would be a horrible waste of a great car. :(

EXTERIOR IMAGE LINKS:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/edzmen/Micra/p1010050.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/edzmen/Micra/P1010046.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/edzmen/Micra/P1010041.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/edzmen/Micra/P1010037.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAR HISTORY:
· This Micra started life as a standard ‘L’ model K10 with a 1-litre engine.
The only modifications to the car have been to have a Super S body-kit professionally sprayed and fitted to match the original sliver paint. And the fitting of a set of new TSW Razor 15’’alloys + tyres – which cost £375.

· The original Super-S bodykit has not been damaged/cracked/dented.
· The engine has not been modified in any way – a new standard exhaust has just been fitted. I fitted a small back-box last year – just to improve the sound [and it also helps the throttle response.], but its not very loud.

· I have also had new standard rear suspension fitted to the car last year, as the old springs were very soggy.

· The front Super-S fog lamps have been wired to work via their own switch when the main lights are on. However one bulb is broken and would require replacing.

· At its last 12k service [3 months ago], the front pads were replaced along with the rear drums and top hose from the radiator.

· I’ve just had the tracking and balancing on the alloys done by Kwik-Fit and they also put two new tyres on both fronts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAMAGE/FAULTS: [I’ll post some pics below when I get them]

· There are the usual rust patches starting to show through on the sills of both the drivers and passenger doors. This wouldn’t take much to repair. The rest of the body is sound.

· Some moron took a key and made a scratch across the left side of the car, from the front wing to the rear filler cap. Again, it might not take much work to spray over, its not got down to bear metal - but this is the main reason for the low asking price. [Scratch pics below:]

· This car has never been in a crash/bumped/kerbed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mechanically the car is in perfect running order, with a very low mileage for its age – I’m confident that it has many more years of good running left – which is one of the main reasons why I don’t want it scrapped.
I bought it three years ago – prior to my buying it belonged to an old lady from new. When she died, the car was garaged for a long period. The dealer I bought the car from basically stripped down the engine before I bought it. Consequently, its very smooth and I’ve never had any trouble with it.

I have certificates for its last 3 MOTs – the wheel balancing and its last big service.
The car is located in Lockerbie, near Dumfries in Scotland – but I’m willing to travel down to Cumbria for collection. I’m looking for a quick sale as I need to order my new car ASAP: :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO SUM UP:

MODEL: K10 ‘L’ - 5-Door - Note: This is not a Super-S, its just got the body kit.

MANUFACTURED: 1991 – J reg

ENGINE: 1-Litre MA10 – all standard.

MILEAGE: 68,000.00

DAMAGE: Long scratch down left side - rust bubbles under driver/passenger door sills.

MOT EXPIRY: Dec 07

TAX EXPIRY: May 07

PRICE: £500 ONO

PAYMENT: Cash on collection – no time wasters.

Scratch, Rust & Interior Images coming soon!

She needs a good home, any offers? :)

Dunno what the ####'s mean, but I think he is referring to the fact that the digits don't line up...a sign that it could have been clocked. Doesn't mean it definately has been clocked though. If I suspect a car has been clocked (I thought mine had been due to it's low mileage) I check the wear on the drivers seat, wear of the pedals, and wear of the back of the steering wheel. Mine has no noticeable wear at all which is great news so I'm fairly confident mine isn't clocked.

Must say this 5 door looks really nice. Shame about the big scratch and rust bubbles, but other than that I really like it.

Dunno what the ####'s mean, but I think he is referring to the fact that the digits don't line up...a sign that it could have been clocked. Doesn't mean it definately has been clocked though. If I suspect a car has been clocked (I thought mine had been due to it's low mileage) I check the wear on the drivers seat, wear of the pedals, and wear of the back of the steering wheel. Mine has no noticeable wear at all which is great news so I'm fairly confident mine isn't clocked.

Not if the clocks are from a different car!

PAYMENT: Cash on collection – no time wasters.

If its referring to payment, its probably making sure you have the cash when you turn up, instead of giving them a cheque which takes days to clear, or saying you need to get the funds together.

no i agree its a mint lookin car the #### was suppost to be another word for wee that begins with P and ends in SS. i wasnt disputing the fact of the car it just looks like the 0 at the far left is about half way around and the 7 is a little high, this indicates to me that everything is not as it seems

dunno it maybe just me????

Digits look normal to me, why would he take such a brilliantly clear photo of them if he knew something was wrong?

Looks like a pukka car.

ye m8 i agree abut the car but ive done a few clocks 4 mates of mine in the past and if you are not carefull you end up with dodgey numbers...

like that.

Back