Micra K10 CG10/13 Swap

So ive finally decided to go with the CG10/13 swap instead of GA16DE, since it will be alot easier, and there are many benefits with the CG engine, alot lighter so cornering won't be ruined, not that it matters anyway since the car is going to be stanced, and not a track car.

So far ive come up with that i will only need one new engine mount to make it fit, and that i can use the 5-speed gearbox from the MA10S, but what driveshafts and hubs etc should i use?

The ECU is another problem, ive read that the keys have a chip, the donor car is a -94 with CG10, do they have that or is that only later yearmodels?

What kind of triggerwheel is used in the CG engines? i might use Megasquirt ECU later, if the stock isnt good enough.

Im also wondering if someones got extensive service manuals (preferably nissans own) for the CG engines.

frank

Club Member
I think bias and machi san just left the gearbox and shafts in stock position will, and the cg,s use an oddball optical sensor in the dizzy, and 94 should be pre nats

OP
OP
Will3
Is the k11 fuelpump intank or outside?

Just found that its intank.

Will be getting some outside pump for my K10 then from some other car, maybe MB 300E (180hp stock), that would be enough flow.

OP
OP
Will3
Now i have the CG10 + ECU and wiring from a 1994 K11, i only managed to get the wires that go between engine and ECU, the wire where to connect the computer for mapping i couldnt get, its meshed with alot of the cars other wiring...

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
dash and a few more things out

DSC02791.jpg

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
possibly showing what the rest of the wires are meshing with ive just done a cg10 to a cga3 conversion and all i used was the engine, ecu, chip from the key and the ring from around the ignition, but i needed key and ring as mine has nats

OP
OP
Will3
I know what they are meshed with, the go to fusebox and alot of other things. do you have a pinout for ignition, fuelpump etc on the engine loom?

The connectors are the ones i need to know what is what on there.

IMAG0818.jpg

OP
OP
Will3
Yes :) or like something that show what pin on the ecu box is what, then i could just take my multimeter to figure out the cable.

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
i dont sorry mate someone on here might if you post in the k11 section they might have the ecu pinout for it

First think i can see missing is the eccs relay...should be a little green relay that has 2 thick wires and 2 thin wires into it (thick are green/white afaik and thin are red) this would have been very close the the 3 plug connectors that you unplugged. It is actually a very easy loom to wire up, i ran a 12v feed via master switch to one of the thick green/white wires and a switched live to one of the red thin wires and then the normal earths are connected. for the fuel pump i just ran a switched live via a relay, bear in mind this was for racing but i did use the standard nissan in-tank pump, fitted to an alloy tank. Make sure to use fuses for road use though. The haynes manual has the pinouts you need, i have one but have no way of copying it onto here for you.

The loom is all self contained except the alternator wiring, this is up to you but is also very easy to wire up as the alternator itself has a small sticker with the signal,live,light positions stamped on it....unless your lucky and have an alternator with just 2 bolt on wires